• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional IQ

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
81. lol.

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor. People who score like you may at times feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They sometimes struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are not always able to control their moods. It may be hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions difficult at times, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy or perhaps lacking understanding of, or comfort with, social interactions. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did that test like two years ago, on INTPc I think... Maybe here. Dunno.
My score was 130, that I remember clearly, because it made me feel good about myself, etc.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Did that test like two years ago, on INTPc I think... Maybe here. Dunno.
My score was 130, that I remember clearly, because it made me feel good about myself, etc.

Just curious, how strong are your N and T preferences?

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 60
Subscale percentile = 0.38

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It's hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

I'm probably going to be the outlier for the NFs stats, assuming that anyone compiles them to begin with. I will give a digital hug to the next member to score lower than this. :hug:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just curious, how strong are your N and T preferences?

N = Enormously so. I always score around +90% on Ni and +80% on Ne in functions tests.

My Fe, if that is what you are asking about, is very high in the order of strength.
I've spent years learning this shit. Started early because I found it was important.
INFJ mother, always talking about the value of social competence.
If you learn something well enough, it will become natural behavior.

It's harder for me to be socially apt on an internet forum, because I don't have any faces to read, and the place is to some degree inhabited by idiots saying all sorts of horribly stupid things which I either shake my head at or rant at.

"IRL" I seldom rant if I am not in the right company to do so, and I keep my criticism down if I can help it at all.
On here, I let it all out if it is there at all. Well, I do reign myself a little. Sometimes.
Trying not to get personal, even though I sometimes think some people should be beaten to death with clubs after they have been publicly humiliated by hundreds of men peeing on them for hours.
Shit, that's not a pleasant thought at all. :jew:

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
N = Enormously so. I always score around +90% on Ni and +80% on Ne in functions tests.

My Fe, if that is what you are asking about, is very high in the order of strength.
I've spent years learning this shit. Started early because I found it was important.
INFJ mother, always talking about the value of social competence.
If you learn something well enough, it will become natural behavior.

It's harder for me to be socially apt on an internet forum, because I don't have any faces to read, and the place is to some degree inhabited by idiots saying all sorts of horribly stupid things which I either shake my head at or rant at.

"IRL" I seldom rant if I am not in the right company to do so, and I keep my criticism down if I can help it at all.
On here, I let it all out if it is there at all. Well, I do reign myself a little. Sometimes.
Trying not to get personal, even though I sometimes think some people should be beaten to death with clubs after they have been publicly humiliated by hundreds of men peeing on them for hours.
Shit, that's not a pleasant thought at all. :jew:

Ah!! That explains a lot. Good for you, I would call myself pretty much emotionally retarded :D

Ape

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
It is a self assessment survey, hardly a "test".

Anybody scoring low,fret not, it means very little

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 118
Subscale percentile = 90

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is satisfactory. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It's easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

--
Commentary:
I've gotten better. I haven't done any of these kinds of tests (as I recall it) for a year or so. Two years ago at a time of depression I answered in two ways: theoretical answers, per what I had done in the past, and my current answers. I noticed I knew what was the right thing to do, but I didn't have the power to do it. Seems that I've recovered some of that power. These answers were based on what I really do at this moment.

I'd recommend others to make the tests this way too, so they may find the difference between what they do and what they deem best.

Shaunward

I got 96, but strongly disagree with the worded results. I am extremely confident, have masterful command of my emotions and am a common confidant for those who know me; this is not because I am able to be empathetic, but because I'm able to provide an objectivity and stability that people benefit from. A number of times I've helped people put their lives back on track using reason and logic to cut through petty emotions.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think I got an average score when I took this last. Actually it was slightly below average. I forgot why exactly.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It is a self assessment survey, hardly a "test".

Anybody scoring low,fret not, it means very little

perhaps it qualifies as a test if one pays the $7.99 in order to retrieve the results from the second portion. the only thing it really measures is how well the individual recognizes his/her own feelings. and i do not entirely agree with the results either.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I got 96, but strongly disagree with the worded results. I am extremely confident, have masterful command of my emotions and am a common confidant for those who know me; this is not because I am able to be empathetic, but because I'm able to provide an objectivity and stability that people benefit from. A number of times I've helped people put their lives back on track using reason and logic to cut through petty emotions.
I'm not sure what your worded results were. But, it sounds to me as if your good qualities were not based on unusually good emotional grasp of the situation, but rather on the good thinking processes you provided. Having emotions in control is just one aspect of emotionally intelligent behavior. So I'd say, a normal score of 100 is nothing you should get defensive about, but it's your thinking that rocks.

Shaunward

I'm not sure what your worded results were. But, it sounds to me as if your good qualities were not based on unusually good emotional grasp of the situation, but rather on the good thinking processes you provided. Having emotions in control is just one aspect of emotionally intelligent behavior. So I'd say, a normal score of 100 is nothing you should get defensive about, but it's your thinking that rocks.

On MBTI tests I always score 100% T, 0% F.

I'm kinda dating a psychologist right now who finds my thought process fascinating.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Subscale IQ score = 84
Subscale percentile = 14