User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Long Test

MBTI
    yupp

I got ISTP or ENFJ (don't see how on either one)

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I don't think the supplementary scores for a single INFJ who has taken the test have matched.
    I noticed that too. I chose "moderate" for most of the questions. Did the rest of you do something similiar?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yes, I chose 'Moderate' for probably 60-70% of the questions, maybe 20% were 'Strong' or 'Extreme', and 10% were 'Weak' or I had no preference between either option.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I chose moderate whenever the question confused me, but my results still ended up a bit extreme! (over 100 pts difference between Thinking and Feeling)- probably because I picked very strongly or more whenever I actually understood the question!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Extraversion (E): 14 (I) Introversion : 0
    Sensing (S): 4 (N) iNtuition : 20
    Thinking (T): 13 (F) Feeling : 17
    Judging (J): 10 (P) Perceiving : 22

You scored as an ENFP.

Assuming that you are an ENFP,
    Your DOMINANT function is Extraverted Intuition.
    Your AUXILIARY function is Introverted Feeling.
    Your TERTIARY function is Extraverted Thinking.
    Your INFERIOR function is Introverted Sensing.

Please bear in mind that the supplementary questions are experimental and may be highly unreliable. If these scores conflict with your previous scores, it is probably because the questions are still not reliable enough.

Lady J's scores on the supplementary questions:

Extraverted Thinking / Introverted Feeling : 20
    Extraverted Feeling / Introverted Thinking : 0

Extraverted Intuition / Introverted Sensing : 10
    Extraverted Sensing / Introverted Intuition : 4

Rationality (Dominant Judging Function) : 13
    A-rationality (Dominant Perceiving Function) : 6

According to the supplementary scores, you could be an ESTJ or an INFP.
    -------------------------

The ESTJ bit makes sense due to being raised by an ESTJ mother. The main set of answers is understandable to me, but the supplementary part seems almost arbitrary. (?) Would anyone mind explaining the reason for the supplementary results?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Got ENFP

But this interested me:
    "According to the supplementary scores, Gustaf could be an ESFJ or an INTP. These are opposite types, because the supplementary questions measure for preferences that opposite types share in common. See the FAQ for an explanation.

These results conflict with the evaluation of Gustaf as an ENFP."

That's fucked up (because it's kind of true I resemble an INTP sometimes). I used to score INTP, and i'm definitely good at abstract logical thought than most other ENFP's I know.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Would anyone mind explaining the reason for the supplementary results?
    I wouldn't mind at all. You see the Rationality/A-Rationality scores, right? Well, those decide if you have a dominant Judging function (INTP, INFP, ISFP, ISTP, ESTJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, ENFJ) or dominant Perceiving function (INTJ, INFJ, ISTJ, ISFJ, ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, ENFP.)

Now, look at these dichotomy scores. These functions theoretically always show up together in a particular personality.

Ti/Fe: INFJ, ISTP, ENFJ, ESTP, INTP, ENTP, ISFJ, ESFJ
    Fi/Te: INTJ, ISFP, ENTJ, ESFP, INFP, ENFP, ISTJ, ESTJ
    Si/Ne: ISFJ, INTP, ESFJ, ENTP, INFP, ENFP, ISTJ, ESTJ
    Ni/Se: INFJ, INTJ, ISTP, ISFP, ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTP, ESFP

These are all applied as filters, by testing Rationality/A-rationality as well as the four opposite function pairs, and choosing the best model to accommodate all the highest scores.

So theoretically, if we determine that they have a dominant Judging function, we've eliminated all Perception dominants as a possibility. Find out that they use Si and Ne more than Se and Ni, you've eliminated all the types that have Se and Ni conscious. At this point, we would know that the person was either an INxP or an ESxJ. If you determined that they used more Te/Fi, then you would have to find out whether they were an INFP (Fi, Ne, Si, Te) or ESTJ (Te, Si, Ne, Fi). If you determined that they used more Fe/Ti, you would have to determine whether they were INTP (Ti, Ne, Si, Fe) or ESFJ (Fe, Si, Ne, Ti).

Sadly, this theoretically based test doesn't produce as good results in practice as it should, and is constantly being refined... with no real success as of yet.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Sadly, this theoretically based test doesn't produce as good results in practice as it should, and is constantly being refined... with no real success as of yet.
    Which furthers my sense that MBTI is theoretically sound, whereas cognitive function theory is not - at least not when compared and contrasted with the results of this and other function typers.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    Which furthers my sense that MBTI is theoretically sound, whereas cognitive function theory is not - at least not when compared and contrasted with the results of this and other function typers.

cheers,
    Ian
    Yeah, I have to agree. As much as I love to spew cognitive functions when ranting, I'm really starting to doubt their significance. I know I have an excessive Fi (probably from several years of isolation) and that always confounds my results.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree. As much as I love to spew cognitive functions when ranting, I'm really starting to doubt their significance. I know I have an excessive Fi (probably from several years of isolation) and that always confounds my results.
    Or you could be an INFP. It's not really unbelievable...

I know that I have a fairly weak Fi, although I do have a somewhat stronger Ti (probably due to computing experience), so I'm somewhat more inclined to trust it.

I think it's possible that people haven't figured how to test functions correctly, or else have them in the wrong positions. It may still be valid, and I wouldn't be so dismissive.