MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Temperament by Inclusion, Control and Affection

Free Temperament Reports

This is the followup to the Five Temperaments test we had been doing.
    I should have thought of this awhile ago. Midway down the page, under "Client Friendly APS Reports", are the links to these three areas, based on FIRO: (Inclusion: surface social skills; Control: leadership & responsibilities, and Affection: Deep personal relations skills). In each, there will be a list of seventeen temperaments. There are the five primary temperaments, plus "compulsive" variations (which are basically more driven versions of four of the temperaments; the most extreme variation of them), and eight "phlegmatic blends", which are the opposite of compulsive; these are moderate versions of the other four temperaments. Hence, this site's claim of 4,913 "temperaments". 171717 (a combination of the three areas) =4913.

I had gone through these with Greed and a couple of others, who were further interested in exploring their full APS combination. On the "five Temperament Test", we had been using a "traits list" sheet, where you pick out traits of the five temperaments, and then add up the score, which then listed the temperaments in the order of "strength". Just like the Four temperaments charts in other threads. This gave us a rough idea of people's temperament, but did not divide it into the three areas. I generally took the two strongest, and assumed they corresponded to Inclusion and Control, which I have connected with Interaction Style and Keirseyan temperament in the types. The results were surprisingly good matches with the type!

These reports on this site are the real deal. They are actually put together in the actual report generated when someone pays to take the Arno Profile System and reviews it with the counselor. I guess this site was given permission to put them online. NCCA (owners of APS) and CPP (owners of FIRO) seemed to be very protective of the material. (Sites that had been offering the test online were ordered to take it down). But now, this is up, and being most people aren't going to pay to take the full questionnaire (and the counseling session that comes with it), it seems this is a good way to get a sense of one's full ICA temperament.
    All you have to do is pick out the temperament report from each area that best matches your behavior or temperament needs. It still won't be as accurate as taking the questionnaire, but at least now you can choose a more specific temperament according to each area.

Might as well link directly to each area as well:
    Temperament Reports for the Aspect of Inclusion
    Client Friendly Temperament Interpretation for the Aspect of CONTROL
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-Affection.htm

There is also a temperament letter code, which is explained there.

My results (from the actual test I took years ago, with the links to the reports on this site) are in my signature.
    Last edited by Eric B; 02-01-2010 at 10:30 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

garbage

Yeah, and thanks for the help there.

After discussion, my results were:
    Inclusion: Sanguine-Phlegmatic
    Control: Phlegmatic-Choleric
    Affection: Phlegmatic-Sanguine

Lots of Phlegmatic in there tempering the overall type traits.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yes, and this also explains why you bounce between the types you do. Here is the FIRO/APS matrix:

The APS temperaments are in black, and the colorful stuff are the Leo Ryan FIRO names for the score ranges (which differ according to I, C & A, and the boundaries even differ).

Phlegmatic blends (the gray "cross" on the map) mean that you express or respond moderately. And it means that you are on the borderline between two temperaments!

Sanguine-Phlegmatic in Inclusion (also known as a "Conversationalist") is actually on the border of Choleric. It mean you express yourself as an extrovert, but do not respond to people quite as much as a Sanguine, but ultimately can take them or leave them, (but slightly favor taking them). This would basically amount to being between people/task or informing/directing. You're almost a Choleric in Inclusion. This would explain why you would think you were an In Charge type like ENTJ.

Phlegmatic-Choleric in Control is a "Self-Confident". It lies between Choleric and Melancholy. It means you express a moderate amount of Control, but don't want (respond to) control by others, which does seem to fit how you described yourself. Of course, you don't have an exact score, but on the responsiveness dimension, you can be up close to Phlegmatic or Matcher, and thus allow a bit more control than lower scores, and hence fall into the NF range.

Phlegmatic-Sanguine in Affection is a "Cautious Lover In Disguise". The Cautious Lover is the pure Supine in Affection (like me), but "in Disguise" means that you can express moderately in that area. That would be basically being an ambivert in your close relationships. This is between Supine and Sanguine. So this would be where your Supine-tendencies would come from.

So since you fluctuate in all three areas,
    Sanguine in Inclusion + Phlegmatic in Control = ENFP.
    + Choleric in Control instead = ENTP.
    Choleric in Inclusion and Control = ENTJ.
    Here are the last three types you tried on!
    Choleric in Inclusion + Phlegmatic in Control = ENFJ; and IIRC, you even considered that type once.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So, how do I join in?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Well at least the picture is easy to understand.

Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So, how do I join in?
    Pick a best fitting temperament for each of the three areas.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Free Temperament Reports

This is the followup to the Five Temperaments test we had been doing.
    I should have thought of this awhile ago. Midway down the page, under "Client Friendly APS Reports", are the links to these three areas, based on FIRO: (Inclusion: surface social skills; Control: leadership & responsibilities, and Affection: Deep personal relations skills). In each, there will be a list of seventeen temperaments. There are the five primary temperaments, plus "compulsive" variations (which are basically more driven versions of four of the temperaments; the most extreme variation of them), and eight "phlegmatic blends", which are the opposite of compulsive; these are moderate versions of the other four temperaments. Hence, this site's claim of 4,913 "temperaments". 171717 (a combination of the three areas) =4913.

I had gone through these with Greed and a couple of others, who were further interested in exploring their full APS combination. On the "five Temperament Test", we had been using a "traits list" sheet, where you pick out traits of the five temperaments, and then add up the score, which then listed the temperaments in the order of "strength". Just like the Four temperaments charts in other threads. This gave us a rough idea of people's temperament, but did not divide it into the three areas. I generally took the two strongest, and assumed they corresponded to Inclusion and Control, which I have connected with Interaction Style and Keirseyan temperament in the types. The results were surprisingly good matches with the type!

These reports on this site are the real deal. They are actually put together in the actual report generated when someone pays to take the Arno Profile System and reviews it with the counselor. I guess this site was given permission to put them online. NCCA (owners of APS) and CPP (owners of FIRO) seemed to be very protective of the material. (Sites that had been offering the test online were ordered to take it down). But now, this is up, and being most people are't going to pay to take the full questionnaire (and the counseling session that comes with it), it seems this is a good way to get a sense of one's full ICA temperament.
    All you have to do is pick out the temperament report from each area that best matches your behavior or temperament needs. It still won't be as accurate as taking the questionnaire, but at least now you can choose a more specific temperament according to each area.

Might as well link directly to each area as well:
    Temperament Reports for the Aspect of Inclusion
    Client Friendly Temperament Interpretation for the Aspect of CONTROL
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...-Affection.htm

There is also a temperament letter code, which is explained there.

My results (from the actual test I took years ago, with the links to the reports on this site) are in my signature.
    You are very detailed oriented. Sure you aren't a J type? My reason for responding is to say that surely, at some point, typology will encompass every single person that has ever lived! Just waiting for the day.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Pick a best fitting temperament for each of the three areas.
    Okay, and how do I do that?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Go to the links at the bottom of the OP, and select the temperament or temperament variation that best describes you. (Each person will be one temperament in each area).
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    You are very detailed oriented. Sure you aren't a J type? My reason for responding is to say that surely, at some point, typology will encompass every single person that has ever lived! Just waiting for the day.
    With me, the detail orientation is more from Ji, not Je. It's not really about trying to order the world (like for efficiency), but I do see this as an elegant system that does tie together typology and several other systems.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

This is interesting, Eric, but don't you think it's a bit much to expect us to read through 51 profiles? Or is there a more efficient way for us to explore this and contribute to the discussion?
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]