User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

I wanted to add stuff about my mother and others. This theory is fascinating so I want to contribute from some people I know.

It's hard to tell be she seems like a possible
    candidate for supine in all three.

Either Supine In Inclusion or Supine-Phlegmatic In Inclusion *?*
    I think for MBTI she's for sure SFJ. Not entirely sure about e or i just
    cause she's been through alot so it's burned her out and might have went to her Si if she's extroverted.

She definitely has alot of extroverted traits but seems introverted too?

Supine-Phleg Inclusion seems to fit her for the most part especially here "Introvert/extrovert -- expresses (behaves like) an introvert, but will respond like an extrovert when others initiate social interaction" and " Dry sense of humor which can be biting and sarcastic.
    Strong-minded and very resistant to change."

Might even be Supine in Control as alot of the points made there too fit well in her behaviors I've seen her act out of and what she has even expressed.

Supine in Affection is another potential. She seems to exhibit alot of supine traits in all areas.

My father was very phlegmatic, so much so it drove my mother rather crazy. It seemed like nothing would ever bother him. I've only seen him seriously yell with real anger once. He had to be prodded quite abit to do some things.

A friend of my fathers told me how he was back in school days and mentioned how if he'd be picked on or something he'd let it roll right off his back and would appear to be unaffected.

He read a very emotion filled letter I wrote him and didn't shed one tear or show any expression :O.

He was just not a man of many expressions, very simple/consistent in what he liked and would always just sit outside just relaxing or taking a walk.
    Definitely liked to take it easy, maybe too easy when it came to some critical matters.

I have a best friend that seems to be a complete melancholy *ISTJ*.
    Very cautious regarding change, definitely does not let people in easy at all.
    Cause of this I used to perceive *elementary* I was being rejected from being a potential friend and it bothered me abit.

Also has this very low energy vibe about her too and sometimes will get quiet all of a sudden cause of this low energy.

Funny thing is when I was baby my mother told me how content/peaceful I was. Someone told me I'd probably have the most content, peaceful, and well behaved children some day from observing my temperament.

Also back in HS someone who was interested in personality theory of the four temperaments was apparantly observing me talking with a friend so with excitement said how I seem "phlegmatic".

Just thought i'd add alittle variety on my end of other styles and what's been told to me by others as you may find that interesting Eric in relation to the Temperament Theory.

It's very fascinating how the differences illustrate themselves over general themes .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I find it slightly hard to choose between the profiles, because many of them are almost identical. Also, my results are eerily similar to Duchess's, but I don't really relate to her and what she's describing. What does that mean?
    I was just going to say Nunki , tis very similar.
    And I think Eric B covered it well with despite similarity and not relating coming from being INFJ *Fe* compared to my INFP *Fi*.

What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Do you think your mother could be Melancholy or Melancholy Phlegmatic in Control? I could see where a pure Supine would look like an SFJ, but I think the SJ really fits Melancholy in Control, and the pure Supine would be INFP like yourself. Even the Supine's "service" seems to be for more of an Fi reason than Fe.

On the other hand, do you think she could be INFP? Her Fe use from what you described may well be "shadowy", which for an INFP would be what is known as the "Opposing Personality Complex". It would then hold true for you as well, but since you're more Phlegmatic in Affection, it would not come out the way hers does in close personal relations.

Also, INxP's can have a strong Si, because the tertiary often "inflates" itself. I know I seem like an SJ at times. So if you experience her tertiary Si, plus Oppositional Fe, she would look like an SFJ to you.

Supine Phlegmatic in Inclusion would not respond as an extrovert; it responds as a Phlegmatic, which is what the hybrid temperment name means. If she responds as an extrovert, yet has the Phlegmatic humor, you could look at Phlegmatic Supine, which expresses as a Phlegmatic, but responds as a Supine, which would
    share the same "extrovert" want as the pure Supine, and still lean towards the low side in expression.

What type would you think your father is? I would think a pure Phlegmatic would also fall into the INFP type, though it would me a much less openly emotional variation of the type. It's hard to tell if his emotionlessness is simply from Feeling being turned inward, or if he's a Thinking type. Phlegmatic in Inclusion with a Choleric Control would be INTP, and it seems that the Control for them might veer into the Melancholy range at times, but that was using the other test, and not sorting by ICA.

Some have suggested a pure Phlegmatic would be an actual "XXXX" type, and from that, I tried to work out an "81 Type" system allowing for moderate dichotomy preferences, but that might not work. There's a "76 Type" thread where someone actually tried to puto together the cognitive process order for the, and five of the 81 types could not be done, because with only one letter, or all X's, you really can't place the preferences.
    So I'd allow that a pure Phlegmatic might simply be the most moderate form of any type. Still, the traditional portrayal of the temperament (as "introverted/people focused") would suggest INFP.

Your friends would naturally see you as Phlegmatic, because that's what you ultimately respond as in all three areas. To someone just passing by you, you would most likely look like a Melancholy.
    I see you're also 6w7. I didn't catch your Enneagram before. I have said 6 also seems to be Supine. (Though 9 would be Phlegmatic). I had though Melancholy Phlegmatic would be more of a 4, or at least 6w5, but then, I have to further reanalyze how exactly those two systems correspond as well. For now, Melancholy Phlegmatic would be close enough to Supine for 6 to make sense.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Do you think your mother could be Melancholy or Melancholy Phlegmatic in Control? I could see where a pure Supine would look like an SFJ, but I think the SJ really fits Melancholy in Control, and the pure Supine would be INFP like yourself. Even the Supine's "service" seems to be for more of an Fi reason than Fe.

On the other hand, do you think she could be INFP? Her Fe use from what you described may well be "shadowy", which for an INFP would be what is known as the "Opposing Personality Complex". It would then hold true for you as well, but since you're more Phlegmatic in Affection, it would not come out the way hers does in close personal relations.

Also, INxP's can have a strong Si, because the tertiary often "inflates" itself. I know I seem like an SJ at times. So if you experience her tertiary Si, plus Oppositional Fe, she would look like an SFJ to you.

Supine Phlegmatic in Inclusion would not respond as an extrovert; it responds as a Phlegmatic, which is what the hybrid temperment name means. If she responds as an extrovert, yet has the Phlegmatic humor, you could look at Phlegmatic Supine, which expresses as a Phlegmatic, but responds as a Supine, which would
    share the same "extrovert" want as the pure Supine, and still lean towards the low side in expression.

What type would you think your father is? I would think a pure Phlegmatic would also fall into the INFP type, though it would me a much less openly emotional variation of the type. It's hard to tell if his emotionlessness is simply from Feeling being turned inward, or if he's a Thinking type. Phlegmatic in Inclusion with a Choleric Control would be INTP, and it seems that the Control for them might veer into the Melancholy range at times, but that was using the other test, and not sorting by ICA.

Some have suggested a pure Phlegmatic would be an actual "XXXX" type, and from that, I tried to work out an "81 Type" system allowing for moderate dichotomy preferences, but that might not work. There's a "76 Type" thread where someone actually tried to puto together the cognitive process order for the, and five of the 81 types could not be done, because with only one letter, or all X's, you really can't place the preferences.
    So I'd allow that a pure Phlegmatic might simply be the most moderate form of any type. Still, the traditional portrayal of the temperament (as "introverted/people focused") would suggest INFP.

Your friends would naturally see you as Phlegmatic, because that's what you ultimately respond as in all three areas. To someone just passing by you, you would most likely look like a Melancholy.

I see you're also 6w7. I didn't catch your Enneagram before. I have said 6 also seems to be Supine. (Though 9 would be Phlegmatic). I had though Melancholy Phlegmatic would be more of a 4, or at least 6w5, but then, I have to further reanalyze how exactly those two systems correspond as well. For now, Melancholy Phlegmatic would be close enough to Supine for 6 to make sense.
    hmm...now that you mention it Mel-Phleg in Control seems to explain her reaction in not having people tell her what to do *independence. Kinda similar to how i get defensive** but the difference is she sometimes will *unintentionally* think she can do that to others.

I always wondered that in the back of my mind if her Fe wasn't a conscious function. Many times she has used Fe roles in a way that is not so appealing, but my esfj friend her Fe is amazing I never get defensive with her usage of it.

I never feel forced or manipulated which from my mothers end not so much and it definitely brings out my "Opposing" Fe in that i resist it very stubbornly.

Hmm...It's hard to tell just cause of how old she is and what she's been through in her childhood. It seems as though she blocks herself emotionally from people especially when she's afraid that they don't care for her or are just using her.

I experience Si from tertiary so I can see it from my side but how do I detect it in her. Could be experiencing it when it seems like she digs in her heals in trying to keep things the way they are even if it's doing no good?

This to me can seem very controlling and childish especially if it's directed at another individual. That makes sense about if I exp. a tertiary Si and Opp Fe that she can look like an SFJ.

I thought possibly my father had a tertiary Si flavor but it's hard to detect in another.

When you say if she responds as an Extrovert but has phlegmatic humor, what do you mean for phlegmatic humor?

It's hard I could see both for her either
    Supine Phlegmatic in Inclusion or Phlegmatic Supine Inclusion but from reading it I can see a hint of leaning possibly to Phlegmatic Supine.

I think for my father he might be either INP or ISP. I would assume mostly INP but wouldn't be surprised if I found out he'd be a ISP.

I can definitely say my father was a super Enneagram 9 just the whole "sleep your life away" figuratively fits him. Like he just never let things bother him or move him to action unless pushed enough.

That fits cause I express Mel and respond Phlegmatic. I could see my friends going uh huh yep that's Dots in terms of phlegmatic and seeing how I react or respond.

Not to boast but to illustrate from my ISTJ friends side, she values that she can tell me anything and I'll throw cautions out there but I'll never try to judge her life or scold her like a parent etc.

I may not agree sometimes but that's also not my place either to step in that far into someone personal matters.

And for her I appreciate knowing when I tell her something it's like putting into a volt cause I know not a soul will find out and can confide in her for anything. The loyalty is a nice trait as well as i felt it took alot to earn it and her respect.

And for my ISTJ bestie I'd definitely agree with overall a melancholy tempermant, maybe alittle choleric in there? Can have quite a temper which to me seems unnecessary in some situations that she has shown it imho.

Yeah 6w7 fits the best for me at least after reading up on some riso and others, participating in a Eforum to figure out if I was either E4 or E6 cause it seemed close.

But when I looked into the integration points E6 fit, I definitely need to learn to relax and go with the flow abit more *E9*. And not beat myself up over a lack of acheivement or progress *E3*.

What is Feeling?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

This was sort of hard to self-assess, but this is what I came up with -

Inclusion: Melancholy Phlegmatic
    Control: Phlegmatic Melancholy / Phleg
    Affection: honestly none of the descriptions really resonated with me, but I think I fall somewhere in the Phleg/Supine groupings. Def. not melancholy, choleric, or Sanguine though
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    hmm...now that you mention it Mel-Phleg in Control seems to explain her reaction in not having people tell her what to do *independence. Kinda similar to how i get defensive** but the difference is she sometimes will *unintentionally* think she can do that to others.

I always wondered that in the back of my mind if her Fe wasn't a conscious function. Many times she has used Fe roles in a way that is not so appealing, but my esfj friend her Fe is amazing I never get defensive with her usage of it.

I never feel forced or manipulated which from my mothers end not so much and it definitely brings out my "Opposing" Fe in that i resist it very stubbornly.

Hmm...It's hard to tell just cause of how old she is and what she's been through in her childhood. It seems as though she blocks herself emotionally from people especially when she's afraid that they don't care for her or are just using her.

I experience Si from tertiary so I can see it from my side but how do I detect it in her. Could be experiencing it when it seems like she digs in her heals in trying to keep things the way they are even if it's doing no good?

This to me can seem very controlling and childish especially if it's directed at another individual. That makes sense about if I exp. a tertiary Si and Opp Fe that she can look like an SFJ.

I thought possibly my father had a tertiary Si flavor but it's hard to detect in another.

When you say if she responds as an Extrovert but has phlegmatic humor, what do you mean for phlegmatic humor?

It's hard I could see both for her either
    Supine Phlegmatic in Inclusion or Phlegmatic Supine Inclusion but from reading it I can see a hint of leaning possibly to Phlegmatic Supine.

I think for my father he might be either INP or ISP. I would assume mostly INP but wouldn't be surprised if I found out he'd be a ISP.

I can definitely say my father was a super Enneagram 9 just the whole "sleep your life away" figuratively fits him. Like he just never let things bother him or move him to action unless pushed enough.

That fits cause I express Mel and respond Phlegmatic. I could see my friends going uh huh yep that's Dots in terms of phlegmatic and seeing how I react or respond.

Not to boast but to illustrate from my ISTJ friends side, she values that she can tell me anything and I'll throw cautions out there but I'll never try to judge her life or scold her like a parent etc.

I may not agree sometimes but that's also not my place either to step in that far into someone personal matters.

And for her I appreciate knowing when I tell her something it's like putting into a volt cause I know not a soul will find out and can confide in her for anything. The loyalty is a nice trait as well as i felt it took alot to earn it and her respect.

And for my ISTJ bestie I'd definitely agree with overall a melancholy tempermant, maybe alittle choleric in there? Can have quite a temper which to me seems unnecessary in some situations that she has shown it imho.

Yeah 6w7 fits the best for me at least after reading up on some riso and others, participating in a Eforum to figure out if I was either E4 or E6 cause it seemed close.

But when I looked into the integration points E6 fit, I definitely need to learn to relax and go with the flow abit more *E9*. And not beat myself up over a lack of acheivement or progress *E3*.

Well if you acknowledge her Fe might be shadow (unconscious; implying a possible INFP), then she would not have to be Melancholy Phlegmatic in Control. That suggestion was for if she was really SFJ. She could be Supine Phlegmatic as well. Both temperaments are next to each other, and inbetween Supine and Melancholy, and can go either way. She could still be Melancholy Phlegmatic, and SJ, while you have the same Control and be NF, because, again, they are inbetween, and the corresponding temperaments might overlap.

"Phlegmatic humor" would be what you described. The biting, sarcastic dry sense of humor. If she's P-S, this would be what she expresses with.He Si does sound possible "childish", though I guess someone with dom. or aux Si can dig in their heels (another APS Phlegmatic trait, BTW) and oppose change as well. Does she ever use Si in a more mature way, to inform her judgments?

If the ISTJ appears to have some Choleric, it could always be in Affection (as Inclusion and Control are more likely what correspond to type). He could also be Phlegmatic Melancholy in any of the areas, which would be a bit more expressive than Melancholy, and bordering on choleric.

For your father, I don't think an SP would be a full Phlegmatic. SP's tend to be more active. Keirsey did say SP was Sanguine, and I believe the Sanguine would lie in the area of Control (though the APS profiles for that focus a lot on an "Independent-Dependent conflict", which you don't directly see in SP profiles, but I believe the clues are possibly there, but glossed over by the more positive-focused MBTI and Keirsey).
    So an ISFP could be Phlegmatic in Inclusion (BtS) and Affection, and Sanguine or Sanguine Phlegmatic in Control. Sanguine Phlegmatic in Control would not have the dependent swing tendency, and is likely a better fit for SP, and then he would be part Phlegmatic in the area of Control. (ISTP on the other hand, is a Melancholy/Sanguine).
    So do you think he leans towards F or T?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    This was sort of hard to self-assess, but this is what I came up with -

Inclusion: Melancholy Phlegmatic
    Control: Phlegmatic Melancholy / Phleg
    Affection: honestly none of the descriptions really resonated with me, but I think I fall somewhere in the Phleg/Supine groupings. Def. not melancholy, choleric, or Sanguine though
    OK, in Control, I take it you mean Phlegmatic-Melancholy OR Phlegmatic, right?
    Well, Melancholy [-Phlegmatic] in Inclusion/Phlegmatic in Control would be another good match for INFJ. Almost all of them who take any kind of Galen test come up either as Melancholy/Phlegmatic*, or as Melancholy/Supine. If Phlegmatic-Melancholy in Control, that's still fairly close.

*(This being in tests stacking temperaments by strength, which I had taken as an indicator of a possible Inclusion/Control blend. Not in the "express/respond within one particular area" sense we have been using here. A temperament blended with Phlegmatic as it is being used here can either be within one area, or it can be a blend across Inclusion and Control , or it can be two strongest temperaments).

Type Ideas

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

OK, in Control, I take it you mean Phlegmatic-Melancholy OR Phlegmatic, right?
    Yes, that is correct.

Well, Melancholy [-Phlegmatic] in Inclusion/Phlegmatic in Control would be another good match for INFJ. Almost all of them who take any kind of Galen test come up either as Melancholy/Phlegmatic*, or as Melancholy/Supine. If Phlegmatic-Melancholy in Control, that's still fairly close.
    The Melancholy-Phlegmatic combo didn't seem to fit me quite right - it seemed a little too stand-offish, and almost passive, and too quick to anger in an area that I wouldn't necessarily become angered in.

Phleg-Mel seemed more accurate in terms of the role I end up playing in the workforce; I somehow end up getting put in positions of responsibility/leadership, and am known for my diplomacy but also standing my ground and being confident in that. I also get along with pretty much anyone and am good at navigating team dynamics/working on a team. I often PREFER doing everything on my own, as I often don't trust others to do it as well or as competently (ha!) and I really dislike being the person monitoring other people, but I'm fine with the concept of teamwork and it's always been cited as one of my strengths - interpersonal skills/communication, calling things/inconsistencies to attention in meetings (but definitely not dominating meetings..I'd say I'm a 'silent force' who chooses words carefully ) etc. I'm def. pretty Chart-the-course.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Well if you acknowledge her Fe might be shadow (unconscious; implying a possible INFP), then she would not have to be Melancholy Phlegmatic in Control. That suggestion was for if she was really SFJ. She could be Supine Phlegmatic as well. Both temperaments are next to each other, and inbetween Supine and Melancholy, and can go either way. She could still be Melancholy Phlegmatic, and SJ, while you have the same Control and be NF, because, again, they are inbetween, and the corresponding temperaments might overlap.

"Phlegmatic humor" would be what you described. The biting, sarcastic dry sense of humor. If she's P-S, this would be what she expresses with.He Si does sound possible "childish", though I guess someone with dom. or aux Si can dig in their heels (another APS Phlegmatic trait, BTW) and oppose change as well. Does she ever use Si in a more mature way, to inform her judgments?

If the ISTJ appears to have some Choleric, it could always be in Affection (as Inclusion and Control are more likely what correspond to type). He could also be Phlegmatic Melancholy in any of the areas, which would be a bit more expressive than Melancholy, and bordering on choleric.

For your father, I don't think an SP would be a full Phlegmatic. SP's tend to be more active. Keirsey did say SP was Sanguine, and I believe the Sanguine would lie in the area of Control (though the APS profiles for that focus a lot on an "Independent-Dependent conflict", which you don't directly see in SP profiles, but I believe the clues are possibly there, but glossed over by the more positive-focused MBTI and Keirsey).
    So an ISFP could be Phlegmatic in Inclusion (BtS) and Affection, and Sanguine or Sanguine Phlegmatic in Control. Sanguine Phlegmatic in Control would not have the dependent swing tendency, and is likely a better fit for SP, and then he would be part Phlegmatic in the area of Control. (ISTP on the other hand, is a Melancholy/Sanguine).
    So do you think he leans towards F or T?
    hmmm okay.
    I've been thinking it over abit so here goes possibly?

I'm starting to think that my mother exhibits the Supine-phlegmatic in control and is most likely an ?SFJ. My friends mother is ESFJ and I see a similar expression of reaching out to others, natural response in catering to others needs and making them feel at home "hostest vibe". Feels she is responsible for others even if she is not responsible for what got them there in the first place.

To inform her judgements? hmm...like calmly and maturely addressing a concern with out letting it build up over feeling not appreciated?

Choleric in Affection could be a definite possibility for my ISTJ best friend.
    I'll have to further look into the other two *inclusion/control* and examine.

That's what I've been wondering I thought my father could be a T but now I'm thinking he might of been an F? Definitely thought I saw some Fe (?). Could I be mistaken about this perceived sight of Fe? Maybe he was just showing a soft side that any father would have for his children which seemed an a external expression of his love.

My father wasn't very active *XD*, he loved his naps/downtime and wasn't very physical movement oriented. Definitely wasn't mechanically oriented either, he wasn't the type to have that skill in fixing a car, bathroom installations, sink etc.

Like he may excell and get by to deal with car trouble/sink/installations overall but it just wasn't something that was comfortable. My mother had the natural skill for stuff for more physical repair etc.

My mother would be the one to do all that stuff :O. I know, quite backwards right? .

I'd have to giggle the biggest giggle if my father was a INFP :O. I'm definitely thinking he's at least an INP.

Thank you again Eric for helping me with this .
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    hmmm okay.
    I've been thinking it over abit so here goes possibly?

I'm starting to think that my mother exhibits the Supine-phlegmatic in control and is most likely an ?SFJ. My friends mother is ESFJ and I see a similar expression of reaching out to others, natural response in catering to others needs and making them feel at home "hostest vibe". Feels she is responsible for others even if she is not responsible for what got them there in the first place.
    Well; I guess that's close enough. (Supine Phlegmatic in Control in the SJ range).
    To inform her judgements? hmm...like calmly and maturely addressing a concern with out letting it build up over feeling not appreciated?
    I meant as her primary perception, as oppoased to a less mature tertiary Si used to find "relief".
    That's what I've been wondering I thought my father could be a T but now I'm thinking he might of been an F? Definitely thought I saw some Fe (?). Could I be mistaken about this perceived sight of Fe? Maybe he was just showing a soft side that any father would have for his children which seemed an a external expression of his love.

My father wasn't very active *XD*, he loved his naps/downtime and wasn't very physical movement oriented. Definitely wasn't mechanically oriented either, he wasn't the type to have that skill in fixing a car, bathroom installations, sink etc.

Like he may excell and get by to deal with car trouble/sink/installations overall but it just wasn't something that was comfortable. My mother had the natural skill for stuff for more physical repair etc.

My mother would be the one to do all that stuff :O. I know, quite backwards right? .

I'd have to giggle the biggest giggle if my father was a INFP :O. I'm definitely thinking he's at least an INP.

Thank you again Eric for helping me with this .
    You're Welcome.
    Again, you can see a particular function in anybody, but what determines its place in type is what role it plays. But if you think he's an Fe user, then as a Phlegmatic, he could be ISFJ, Phlegmatic in Inclusion/Melancholy in Control. Otherwise, it does sound like INFP, and any Fe you saw would be oppositional, or perhaps not true Fe.

Type Ideas