First 11192021

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    To me, Si means taking in information from around you and filtering it through yourself to give it subjective meaning. I say I feel "attached" to it because I had felt like I had a fairly good grasp on it. I made a thread once about Si and how I relate to it/understand it.
    I'll have to read that more, but for now, that might be a good definition of Si, but the “filtering within” can also be from the dominant introverted perspective. So you're still taking in the sensory data from the environment, but the actual awareness would still be coming from outside rather than an internal storehouse of factual data, and the internal filter would be a storehouse of what's assessed as good or bad. You mention “give it subjective meaning”, and that sounds like it can be Fi. SiFe would draw from the internal storehouse the factual data pertaining to what the environment deems good or bad (giving it objective meaning).

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    So...
    Inclusion: Melancholy Phlegmatic
    Control: Melancholy Phlegmatic
    Affection: Melancholy

Not really sure what this means tbqh. Except that I'm likely Melancholy overall?
    This is where this correlation has had the most trouble. As I've said, INTP's usually end up coming out as Melancholy and Phlegmatic, even though I believe the Keirsey temperament correspond to Choleric. The introversion restrains the characteristic aggressiveness of the Choleric, and the NP further softens it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Interesting, I think I am:

Inclusion: Supine Compulsive
    Affection: Supine Phlegmatic
    Control: Supine Phlegmatic
    INFP full Supine; perfect match!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas
    Likes yama, Fay, laterlazer liked this post

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Inclusion: Phlegmatic Choleric

Control: Between Sanguine and Phlegmatic-Sanguine

Affection: Between Phlegmatic-Sanguine and Phlegmatic-Supine.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Ever think you might be ISTP?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Ever think you might be ISTP?
    I've considered it, but I don't get out enough. :p

What are ISTP's correlations in this stuff? Mix of Phleg and the extroverted ones?
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ISTP would be a Melancholy-Sanguine (IST-Melancholy; SP-Sanguine. PhlegmaticCholeric borders on Melancholy, so that could still be a fit). It fits common profiles of the MelSan as being very artistic.

In this view, SP is Sanguine in Control. Would figure, because the Sanguine in Control, marked by what those reports call a "dependent/independent" swing, would be connected to Se, which specializes in reacting to whatever is before you in the concrete environment. So the person will aggressively ("pragmatic"-ly) jump on physical opportunities, but then also quickly drop it, when the environment changes.
    NT is also "pragmatic", but tends to stick to it longer, because it's all about the "idea" (N), along with the Thinking. This would fit Choleric, that doesn't want to give up on anything.

Again, for most INTP's, this gets toned down in their self-identification (when selecting directly from these profiles) to Melancholy (which shares the same "critical" nature with the Choleric).
    Sanguine is unusual for NT's to identify with, though again, does share in the pragmatism.

"Not getting out enough" isn't a good type indicator. While you may think SP's would always get out, for what ever reason, they might not, but the SP part of it simply means that their primary means of taking in information is what's tangible in the environment. You don't have to be outdoors to do this, though it may often lead one outdoors, which of course is a bigger "environment" to explore. Again, anything can change that.
    But the type is also part Melancholy, which is often (notoriously) drawn to withdraw and be homebodies. Being diametrically opposite temperaments, there's probably a tug of war as to withdrawing and getting out.
    Last edited by Eric B; 04-13-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Socionics
    xxxx None

Me (haven't read every single description but I triangulated down to these):

Sanguine in Affection
    Phlegmatic-Sanguine in Control
    Somewhere between Choleric-Phlegmatic and Sanguine-Phlegmatic in Inclusion.

Does that make me mostly phlegmatic or mostly sanguine? I usually get sanguine in tests and am a high I in DISC.
    Last edited by Serendippopotamus; 03-17-2017 at 11:47 PM. Reason: I changed my mind I changed my mind I changed my mind. Yeah. I changed my mind.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

@Serendippopotamus No, not "mostly Phlegmatic", as the "Phlegmatic" in those instances simply indicates a moderation of the Sanguine (or Choleric). Phlegmatic Sanguine in Control won't be quite as quick to action as a regular Sanguine. Sanguine-Phlegmatic in Inclusion is a bit less responsive to people than a regular Sanguine (i.e. you don't "need" them quite as much, but you're still just as expressive toward them), and Choleric-Phlegmatic will be a bit more responsive than a Choleric. In fact, both of those variations are right next to each other as being inbetween Sanguine and Choleric.
    So if you identify being inbetween those two, then you obviously have what would be called a moderate "wanted Inclusion". While that system has a moderated scales, type of course is either/or. So if you're ESFP and not ESTP (and DISC "I" rather than DISC "D"), then you're most likely on the Sanguine (ESF) side.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Socionics
    xxxx None

@Eric B ah I see. Thanks!