First 1018192021 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Well, since it borders on E, you could be ENFJ, where Ni would be aux. and Fe dom. And it's possible the "Phlegmatic" part of the Inclusion might indicate the ISF/INP group (this way of doing it is not exact), and with the Control, would add up to INFP. Are you sure of ISFJ, or at least some of the letters?
    Heh, that makes two people now who have suspected ENFJ as a possibility. I am fairly sure of ISFJ, though I have been told I sometimes appear ISFPish. I actually ended up starting another thread a couple days ago to get more feedback; @/DG/ is the one who pointed me in the direction of looking into this. Though I am always open to considering other typings if there's enough evidence for it.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I just want to be happy. "Happy" for me just means being left alone to sit in my room all day and do whatever I want with no responsibilities or commitments ever. I was not born to be a great person or change the world. I was born to be a normal average person and that's what I want.

I don't know? Maybe times when I've been able to live in ignorant bliss with no responsibilities? High school summer vacations?

I have to have control of the outcome. Other people can't be trusted they'll just fuck it up. What does emphasis even mean?? I just want it to get done so I can go home. And it has to be perfect.

The more freedom and less responsibility and obligation I feel pressured by, the happier I am.

Not the academic setting, that's for damn sure. I love learning when it's not for school. I guess reading? Or if it's something physical, it needs to be hands-on. I can't learn origami by reading directions, I have to actually do it. But if it's just information, reading.

I don't really give a shit if other people feel that they belong to a group or not. I don't really feel like I belong to any groups. Other people's feelings of inclusiveness aren't really my concern if they aren't making a big deal out of it. I probably wouldn't even notice, to be honest. But I'd feel bad/responsible if someone came crying to me later that they were having problems fitting into the group and would help them then.

I need to know where I'm jumping before I leap. I need all of the details. I am that person who asks "when, where, what time" as soon as plans are made. Actions speak louder than words, but I need words of reassurance quite often too.

And when people try to reassure me, say positive things to me, or give me advice, I shoot them down immediately.

I do not like having face to face conversations about my emotions, but over the internet, it's easier because of anonymity.

Anything that is not of my concern. Don't care about my neighbors or people I don't know. Don't care about "getting involved" at school and hate when people bother me. Don't care about the things that I don't care about. If it's not a part of my everyday life then I don't pay a lot of attention to it and don't care about it.
    Most of this doesn't sound like ISFJ; it sounds more like FiSe. (And a "P" orientation over "J"). The one exception is the part about neding to know before you leap, but even that could be general S over N, rather than necessarily Si over Se. (I've seen a general description of S that fits this for either attitude somewhere).

And then, in that discussion, you had:
    Control: Supine (or Phlegmatic Supine as a second choice)
    That borders on Sanguine, and so also looks like a possible SP [i.e. Keirsey] preference.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas
    Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Most of this doesn't sound like ISFJ; it sounds more like FiSe. (And a "P" orientation over "J"). The one exception is the part about neding to know before you leap, but even that could be general S over N, rather than necessarily Si over Se. (I've seen a general description of S that fits this for either attitude somewhere).

And then, in that discussion, you had:

That borders on Sanguine, and so also looks like a possible SP [i.e. Keirsey] preference.
    I don't even know anymore. But I think I'm very likely S > N, in any case. I'll keep looking into it. If I had to pick an alternate type for myself, I think the two types I'd give the most weight are ISTJ and ISFP, possibly INFP (I feel that the SJ temperament fits me rather well, and I do relate to Fi well enough I think, but I feel pretty confident about Si--though I am hesitant to think of myself as a T when I have so much F).
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

@Eric B asking here since you're very knowledgeable and have helped me out. Do you think it's possible for one to confuse (their own) tertiary Ni for Si, or to confuse FiNi for Si? I've always felt rather attached to Si in myself and have found it very relatable, but now I'm wondering if I might have confused it with aspects of other functions. I think all things considered, ISFJ and ISFP, despite sharing no functions, are the two types I am most likely stuck between.
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

If you're an introvert who prefers Sensing (IS), then your primary focus is inward, and the primary type of data you pay attention to is sensory. So it's easy to confuse that for "introverted Sensing", and looking at it purely through dichotomies, it technically is.

But the function of Si deals in tangible date taken in through the senses, like Se, but the difference is that it is internalized (in the individual's memory) first and from there drawn upon; where Se takes directly from the environment. So Si types tend to think in terms of "responsibilities" and "commitment", and like to go by stuff like reading directions (all of which you said you don't like), so that when they sit down to do whatever it is they are planning, they will have that internal storehouse to draw on; where Se is more "hands on" (emergent data, which you said you like).

Both Si and Ni can be used to get a sense of what will happen (not just Ni; as Si, again, draws from stored images of experience), so it is possible to confuse them, too. With Ni, you're getting an internal impression of Se emergent data, so you could think of that as an internal sensation, but it's really different.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

If you're an introvert who prefers Sensing (IS), then your primary focus is inward, and the primary type of data you pay attention to is sensory. So it's easy to confuse that for "introverted Sensing", and looking at it purely through dichotomies, it technically is.

But the function of Si deals in tangible date taken in through the senses, like Se, but the difference is that it is internalized (in the individual's memory) first and from there drawn upon; where Se takes directly from the environment. So Si types tend to think in terms of "responsibilities" and "commitment", and like to go by stuff like reading directions (all of which you said you don't like), so that when they sit down to do whatever it is they are planning, they will have that internal storehouse to draw on; where Se is more "hands on" (emergent data, which you said you like).

Both Si and Ni can be used to get a sense of what will happen (not just Ni; as Si, again, draws from stored images of experience), so it is possible to confuse them, too. With Ni, you're getting an internal impression of Se emergent data, so you could think of that as an internal sensation, but it's really different.
    Hm. Now I am starting to wonder if what I experience is Si, or if it's Se filtered through Ni. Any tips on the best way to differentiate that? (Sorry for asking you so many questions. )
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Well, what exactly is it that you're interpreting as “Si”? What is it you say you're “attached” to?

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Well, what exactly is it that you're interpreting as “Si”? What is it you say you're “attached” to?
    To me, Si means taking in information from around you and filtering it through yourself to give it subjective meaning. I say I feel "attached" to it because I had felt like I had a fairly good grasp on it. I made a thread once about Si and how I relate to it/understand it.
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

So...
    Inclusion: Melancholy Phlegmatic
    Control: Melancholy Phlegmatic
    Affection: Melancholy

Not really sure what this means tbqh. Except that I'm likely Melancholy overall?

Interesting, I think I am:

Inclusion: Supine Compulsive
    Affection: Supine Phlegmatic
    Control: Supine Phlegmatic