User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Might be Control. Could even be apart of Inclusion, depending on why you're telling them to get out. Sanguines have hot tempers, but are generally moment to moment, and don't usually stay rejecting of people.
    So why do you tell some people to get out?
    "generally moment to moment, and don't usually stay rejecting of people." - that's me!

If I tell people to get out, it's usually because:

- Person is being an ass to others in the group / disrupting the group
    - Person is being belligerent/hostile or overly aggressive

- Person is not listening to other people, yelling at people, just yelling in general, etc.

- Person is threatening other people or actually hurting them
    - Person is threatening to break other people's property, behaving in a manner that is likely to cause damage to other people's property, or actually breaking other people's property

Those are the most common reasons I tell people to get out. Much of it is probably not related to my type, though.

But, as you said, it's moment-to-moment. A person who was thrown out one day might be back in the next. I'm not rejecting the person themself; it's not a judgment of the person. It's simply a statement that "You cannot be here unless you can behave yourself." They are welcome back if they behave themself.

I'm quite welcoming and will generally welcome people in, no problem, but then sometimes if I feel a sense of responsibility for the space, I'll take charge of the space and control the atmosphere. That can include removing people who are misbehaving (for that context; obviously, appropriate behavior is context dependent).
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Ok, that sounds like Sanguine in both areas.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas
    Likes strychnine liked this post

your resident asshole

Hey @Eric B, I was wondering if you could shed some light on this... (though don't feel obligated to respond)

So it's been a while since I've thought of the concepts of expressed vs. wanted inclusion and control. But when I come back to it, I find that I always gravitate to the same temperaments...supine in inclusion and either phlegmatic or melancholy in control.

Now, according to type correlations, this would put me as a feeling type (no matter which temperament in control I decide on). Now, I also heavily identify with sensing, putting my supposed type as ISFJ.

However, ISFJ has never been a type that I have ever that strongly associated with (though with all sensing types, I associate with it more than the intuitive ones). I'm not sure what to make of this, seeing as my temperaments in inclusion, control, and affection seem rather constant.

If it means anything, I also heavily identify with descriptions of the chart-the-course interaction style over the behind-the-scenes interaction style (because I am very structure-focused as opposed to motive-focused). But I don't really know that my speech is all that directive...

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

PhegmaticMelancholy and PhlegmaticCholeric are both between Melancholy and Choleric, and are lower energy versions of the main temperaments. A Choleric's emotional energy pushes him outward, toward expressiveness, while a Melancholy's energy pushes him inward, toward reservation. So these variants are driven neither way (which is why they're called "Phlegmatic"), and thus end up more expressive than a regular Melancholy, and more reserved than a regular Choleric

In Inclusion, this is basically an "ambivert". But since you have to be either E or I in type, and you already have the I there, then that would fit.
    In Control, Melancholy is SJ and Choleric is NT. You have the N and P there, so SJ is less likely on both counts. So NT is more likely. Though if you're PhlegmaticMelancholy in Inclusion, for an N, that would be iNJ. (For an S, it's iST). Though since this is part Phlegmatic as well, then I could see it possibly being the other Interaction Style, INP.
    You're not sure about T/F, and Phlegmatic [in Control] might be NF, but since it's PhlegmaticCholeric, it would point more to NT.

So it looks like INTP. (And NTP's often have T/F uncertainty largely in part due to what amounts to the higher wanted Inclusion —Berens calls it "Informing communication", which is softer than the "Directing communications" held by all the other T's. They also identify with Melancholy a lot, I believe, because of the blend of certain temperament traits, when not taking the official APS test which sorts it all out). Otherwise, (especially if you're not completely sure about the P also) it could be INTJ.

In my correlation, Affection doesn't really match type, but it could be like an extension of Interaction Style, or even modify it. MelancholyPhlegmatic is a bit more "responsive" than the regular Melancholy (or PhlegmaticMelancholy), so overall, your Affection will seem to match Inclusion, but you'll be a little more reserved in deeper relationships, and want more affection and closeness than you do in regular socialization. Perhaps this higher responsiveness in that area could also be what pushes your Interaction Style toward INP.
    So basically PhelMel makes me more expressive than the average melancholy and MelPhel gives me more wanted inclusion?
    IxxP-Conscientious-Slytherin-Leisurely-Idiosyncratic-9w1-4w3-7w6-sp/so-LII-Ne

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
    -J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Hey @Eric B, I was wondering if you could shed some light on this... (though don't feel obligated to respond)

So it's been a while since I've thought of the concepts of expressed vs. wanted inclusion and control. But when I come back to it, I find that I always gravitate to the same temperaments...supine in inclusion and either phlegmatic or melancholy in control.

Now, according to type correlations, this would put me as a feeling type (no matter which temperament in control I decide on). Now, I also heavily identify with sensing, putting my supposed type as ISFJ.

However, ISFJ has never been a type that I have ever that strongly associated with (though with all sensing types, I associate with it more than the intuitive ones). I'm not sure what to make of this, seeing as my temperaments in inclusion, control, and affection seem rather constant.

If it means anything, I also heavily identify with descriptions of the chart-the-course interaction style over the behind-the-scenes interaction style (because I am very structure-focused as opposed to motive-focused). But I don't really know that my speech is all that directive...
    You had a different handle before, right? (Because I remember that Mickey Mouse avatar, and you've been here for awhile). You were always wearing ISTJ? (That seems to be what I remember).

If you seem to identify with Supine in one system, and with Chart the Course (the Melancholic of the Interaction styles, as Berens likely even acknowledges) in the other, then an inbetween would be these:

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Inclusion
    Christian Counseling and the Supine Phlegmatic in Inclusion

They're less responsive than a regular Supine, but more responsive than a regular Melancholy, and so as in type you have to be either on one side or the other, I could see as going either way.

Also, Structure/Motive isn't Interaction Styles, it's the Keirsey temperament. So if SJ, then either way, you'd be Structure focused. The difference in Interaction Style is directing/informing, and you did indicate not being sure about directing, so that would also really point to those inbetween variants.

Also, have you looked at Choleric in Control and NT (INTP)?
    Temperament: Choleric in Control
    related variants:
    Temperament: Choleric Phlegmatic In Control
    Temperament Phlegmatic Choleric In Control
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...ly-control.htm

That way, you could still be Supine and a Thinking type. That's the sole exception, where the other Supine types are all Feelers.
    (INTP's will often end up identifying with Melancholy, as the Choleric is toned down by the other temperaments in the mix. And really, Phlegmatic in Control by itself technically should be any Keirsey temperament, so I would grant you could still be NT [or SJ]. I put it with Supine as NF because the traditional temperament fits the "diplomatic" Idealist more).

What makes you identify with S more than N?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Punderstorm View Post
    So basically PhelMel makes me more expressive than the average melancholy and MelPhel gives me more wanted inclusion?
    Yes, (though you said MP was in Affection, so it would give you more "wanted Affection", and what I said, was that in the translation to type, it could affect which Interaction Style you ultimately fall into, since Interaction Syles doesn't distinguish between surface social and deep personal skills like Inclusion/Affection).

Type Ideas
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, (though you said MP was in Affection, so it would give you more "wanted Affection", and what I said, was that in the translation to type, it could affect which Interaction Style you ultimately fall into, since Interaction Syles doesn't distinguish between surface social and deep personal skills like Inclusion/Affection).
    Ah, thanks! How were you able to find these correlations?
    IxxP-Conscientious-Slytherin-Leisurely-Idiosyncratic-9w1-4w3-7w6-sp/so-LII-Ne

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
    -J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's the whole story (which IIRC started out as a topic post here): https://erictb.wordpress.com/2012/09...onality-types/

Type Ideas
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

your resident asshole

You had a different handle before, right? (Because I remember that Mickey Mouse avatar, and you've been here for awhile). You were always wearing ISTJ? (That seems to be what I remember).
    Yes, my previous username was DisneyGeek. I think I have said ISTJ for a majority of the time, but at some point I was floating around other ideas, most notably ISFP.

Essentially I identify with all of the IS__ types more than other tyes.

If you seem to identify with Supine in one system, and with Chart the Course (the Melancholic of the Interaction styles, as Berens likely even acknowledges) in the other, then an inbetween would be these:

Melancholy Phlegmatic in Inclusion
    Christian Counseling and the Supine Phlegmatic in Inclusion

They're less responsive than a regular Supine, but more responsive than a regular Melancholy, and so as in type you have to be either on one side or the other, I could see as going either way.
    Yeah, I could definitely see myself as a blended type, though I was mostly speaking in terms of pure types. Looking back at the descriptions, I am changing my mind a bit from earlier (I didn't re-examine the descriptions). In control, I am definitely phlegmatic or a phlegmatic blend (not sure which because the blends are all so similar), not pure melancholy.

I still stand by supine (or supine-phlegmatic as you've stated) in inclusion aside from the one sentence on being relationship-oriented. I wonder if maybe the thing that is conflating things is that I am likely a melancholy in affection. I know the affection bits don't seem to be involved in the other bits, but perhaps this is why thing don't seem to fit precisely.

Also, Structure/Motive isn't Interaction Styles, it's the Keirsey temperament. So if SJ, then either way, you'd be Structure focused. The difference in Interaction Style is directing/informing, and you did indicate not being sure about directing, so that would also really point to those inbetween variants.
    Sorry, I was confusing structure/motive with movement/control somehow...

What I am essentially trying to get at here is that I am a very task-focused person. If I am understanding things correctly, this equates to in-charge or chart-the-course interaction styles, no? But I don't really have a need to be a very directive person unless I am stressed or something needs to be done ASAP, etc.

So it isn't about me necessarily needing to be a thinking type, but rather that I just do not identify with the behind-the-scenes interaction style...even though I am not necessarily a very directing person.

That way, you could still be Supine and a Thinking type. That's the sole exception, where the other Supine types are all Feelers.[/quote]

I don't really identify with that temperament.

(INTP's will often end up identifying with Melancholy, as the Choleric is toned down by the other temperaments in the mix. And really, Phlegmatic in Control by itself technically should be any Keirsey temperament, so I would grant you could still be NT [or SJ]. I put it with Supine as NF because the traditional temperament fits the "diplomatic" Idealist more).
    Phlegmatic seems to be the "path of least resistance" temperament. They can take or leave controlling others and being controlled by others. I feel this way, unless under stress, a strict deadline, if something really needs to be done the "right" way (for example, if people working on a project are doing it poorly or something similar), and related scenarios. Then, I can become rather directing, but for the most part I don't really like doing that and prefer to share the responsibilities.

What makes you identify with S more than N?
    This is one bit that I've never been able to put into words very well. I guess I just have a lot of faith in facts, data, things you can see and touch. I don't have a lot of use for pointless debates about theoretical nonsense (though MBTI and other pointless personality games are fun :p). I'm not interested in talking about how to change the world...either do something about it or stop talking. I'm not necessarily a very practical person, but I have a large appreciation for practicality. I know there is a bit more to the S/N division than that, but there you go.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Yes, and this also explains why you bounce between the types you do. Here is the FIRO/APS matrix:

The APS temperaments are in black, and the colorful stuff are the Leo Ryan FIRO names for the score ranges (which differ according to I, C & A, and the boundaries even differ).

Phlegmatic blends (the gray "cross" on the map) mean that you express or respond moderately. And it means that you are on the borderline between two temperaments!

Sanguine-Phlegmatic in Inclusion (also known as a "Conversationalist") is actually on the border of Choleric. It mean you express yourself as an extrovert, but do not respond to people quite as much as a Sanguine, but ultimately can take them or leave them, (but slightly favor taking them). This would basically amount to being between people/task or informing/directing. You're almost a Choleric in Inclusion. This would explain why you would think you were an In Charge type like ENTJ.

Phlegmatic-Choleric in Control is a "Self-Confident". It lies between Choleric and Melancholy. It means you express a moderate amount of Control, but don't want (respond to) control by others, which does seem to fit how you described yourself. Of course, you don't have an exact score, but on the responsiveness dimension, you can be up close to Phlegmatic or Matcher, and thus allow a bit more control than lower scores, and hence fall into the NF range.

Phlegmatic-Sanguine in Affection is a "Cautious Lover In Disguise". The Cautious Lover is the pure Supine in Affection (like me), but "in Disguise" means that you can express moderately in that area. That would be basically being an ambivert in your close relationships. This is between Supine and Sanguine. So this would be where your Supine-tendencies would come from.

So since you fluctuate in all three areas,
    Sanguine in Inclusion + Phlegmatic in Control = ENFP.
    + Choleric in Control instead = ENTP.
    Choleric in Inclusion and Control = ENTJ.
    Here are the last three types you tried on!
    Choleric in Inclusion + Phlegmatic in Control = ENFJ; and IIRC, you even considered that type once.
    According to the chart, I think I'm somewhere toward the center under the melancholy-phlegmatic "loner" row. Reading through the descriptions on the site, all of them have at least one point that clearly contradict my temperament.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf