User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Inclusion: Supine or Supine Phlegmatic, but the following written under SP is not entirely true for me: 1) Rolls with the punches -- can take rejection and approval equally well (if you like him/her it's okay, and if you don't, it's also okay)
    Control: Supine or Supine Phlegmatic
    Affection: Supine or Supine Phlegmatic, but the following written under SP is not true for me: 1) Can "roll with the punches" -- able to tolerate unaffectionate, even hostile people very well, 2) Expresses a fear of rejection -- however, in reality, he/she is very confident in deep relationships.

I think that's correct. What would all of that amount to in terms of Jung/enneagram?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

In my correlation of the systems, it would be INFP. If you don't identify with "rolling with the punches", then you might just be pure Supine. Perhaps bordering on SP (like I do in Inclusion).
    Enneagram, probably a solid 4 if SP. Could be 6 as well, especially if just Supine.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Wow, that is pretty fantastic. Thank you. My highest Etype is always either 4 or 6. You're probably right about bordering on SP then. As for Jung, sometimes I feel ISFP, other times I feel ISFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ISFP I would expect to be Supine Sanguine (Inclusion, Control respectively), while ISFJ would be Supine Melancholy. Neither would be that far off.
    So you're sure you're an S, then?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    In my correlation of the systems, it would be INFP. If you don't identify with "rolling with the punches", then you might just be pure Supine. Perhaps bordering on SP (like I do in Inclusion).
    Enneagram, probably a solid 4 if SP. Could be 6 as well, especially if just Supine.
    Wouldn't supine be an extrovert type? The supine is described as a passive extrovert that craves social contact but waits for others to come to him/her. To me Supine sounds a lot like an ENFP 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Inclusion: Melancholy Phlegmatic and/or Phlegmatic Melancholy
    Control: Phlegmatic
    Affection: Supine Phlegmatic, though I'd totally not "resist physical (sexual) encounters as a means of protecting his/her low energy level". :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Wouldn't supine be an extrovert type? The supine is described as a passive extrovert that craves social contact but waits for others to come to him/her. To me Supine sounds a lot like an ENFP 9.
    When they say it's an extrovert, what they mean is that it RESPONDS (or wants interaction) like an extrovert (i.e. the same as the Sanguine). What we normally think of as introversion/extroversion is EXPRESSED behavior, where it is clearly reserved or "passive". (introverted)
    Back when I had someone insisting I was an extravert, and that ENP's were "introverted extraverts" (which matches this description of the Supine) I had to consider that, but I determined that my low expressed behavior does match a legitimate I preference.

So the Supine's "extroversion" in that sense would correspond more to what the Interaction Styles model calls an "informing" preference. Because they like people, they speak in a more informing tone. (Rather than directive, or indifferent). They are higher in that scale than the Phlegmatic, who is really moderate, though both get lumped together in these four-to-five correlations as the closest thing to each other.

Phlegmatics are called "introvert AND extrovert", meaning they are inbetween on both scales. They can respond to people or tasks, or take them or leave them. They are not really as reserved as the Supine, needing to wait for others to approach them.

ENFP's, as NF's, I expect to be possibly Supine in Control (if not Phlegmatic). In Inclusion, they are clearly Sanguine. (Which is biggest reason why I could never buy myself being one).

9 always sounded purely Phlegmatic to me, though I have considered it being Supine. I couldn't see 6 as Phlegmatic, though. 2 and 4 also seem like they could be part Supine or Phlegmatic. (2 sounds ambiverted, like Phlegmatic Supine / Phlegmatic Sanguine, and 4 sounds like it is Supine Phlegmatic / Melancholy Phlegmatic, and this seems to be matching from what we're seeing here).

The video of the 6 here makes it really sound like a Supine, Enneagram Types, Nine Enneagram Types - Enneagram Worldwide
    and Supines would naturally have the "phobic/counterphobic" tendencies because they are so reserved, but inpressionable by others.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Candid View Post
    Inclusion: Melancholy Phlegmatic and/or Phlegmatic Melancholy
    Control: Phlegmatic
    Affection: Supine Phlegmatic, though I'd totally not "resist physical (sexual) encounters as a means of protecting his/her low energy level". :P
    INTP's seem to be the ones who match this correlation the least. That is a typical result for them. Mixtures of Melancholy and Phlegmatic.
    I know for me, it matches Supine-Choleric, and I know of one or two others who fit Phlegmatic-Choleric, but those are opposite temperaments, and they seem to mellow each other out to an overall Mel and/or Phleg combination.

Type Ideas

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Inclusion: Melancholy
    Control: Choleric
    Affection: Melancholy

Credits to Aleksei for the information links.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Just curious; how strong would your S preference be?
    I see you also have S in Socionics; however RCOEI (SLOAN) corresponds to INTJ, as does Mel-Chlor.

Type Ideas