User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I don't think I said Supines "lack social skills". I had said that I lacked social graces, because I was expressing to people with a Control temperament rather than Inclusion, which is the social area. Supine lacks the mechanism to express his need to people, even though he wants. This is based on a fear of rejection. Extroverted temperaments (Sanguine, Choleric), have the mechanism (confidence) to express.
    I apologize, I was referring to this post:

I also forgot to mention, that ENJ is In Charge, and this is the Interaction Style, and involves social skills. That would seem the opposite of Supine.
    Poor paraphrasing on my part.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Oh, OK.
    What I meant there was that the Interaction Style (or "Inclusion") involved social skills, not the temperament. And Choleric is the opposite of Supine in both expressive and responsive dimensions. The high expressiveness of the Choleric will give it more social graces, but not necessarily better social skills.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think I would be getting :
    Inclusion : Melancholic (although Supine speaks to me on some aspects too)
    Control : Phlegmatic-Melancholic although I can relate with Phlegmatic-Sanguine too.
    Affection : Melancholic
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

since the other thread i've taken more time to think on this... Im basically:

Choleric Phlegmatic in inclusion
    (could be Phlegmatic Choleric) Phlegmatic in control
    Supine Phlegmatic in affection

What do you have to say about that!

Im phlegmatic all over! It really is true that people are amazed my ability to basically spend a lot of time sleeping, eating, and just blahh, and yet I will go totally control freak and expend extreme amounts of perfectionist energy on little projects (im guessing thats the Choleric part). To complicate things more, even though i have some choleric in my inclusion, I have some supine in affection (totally giving people the wrong impression if they see one side of me)! How is this combination possible! I guess it would explain how the ENJ "In charge" personality combines with the NF temperament.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i think mine would be melancholy phlegmatic in all areas...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    Thanks for noticing my results lack logic
    It could simply be user error, so I'll explain why I picked what I did.

Inclusion: Supine I definitely have the want of an extrovert, and I AM an extrovert energy-wise. But I do come across as shy (or stuck-up, I'm told) simply because I tend to be self-conscious and I try to get the feel of the situation and the hierarchy and things like that before I jump on in. I have a pretty high aversion to rejection, so I approach others FAR less than I would actually like, and I do feel very hurt when I'm excluded. I had a pretty traumatic childhood and was forced into isolation a lot, so I've just always attributed it to that.
    whats funny is that I could say the above about myself with 1000% truth, yet I still see myself as choleric phlegmatic...funny how self inventory works

Control: Sanguine-Phlegmatic Now that I re-read , I'm not sure that's the most accurate choice. I think I'm more of a Supine-Phlegmatic or Sanguine. I think I appear to be dependent because I abhor failure and I like the have the reassurance of people that are important to me, but in the end, I do what I want and what I think is right, and if anyone actually attempts to control me, I'll eat them alive . I really don't want control over other people. I want everyone to do their part to reach our common goals. I WILL attempt to exert control isf what you're doing negatively affects me, but I don't like it at all. But I do go through periods when I feel like I'm completely reliant on others, just because I've run out of my own energy or neglected myself to the point of not knowing what I want to do, anyway.
    I dont relate at all

Affection: Phlegmatic-Choleric Like I said, I really had a hard time with this one. I'm not touchy feely at all outside of my husband and kids, and even then, I give a lot more than I actually require and feel very invaded when someone is laying it on too thick. Emotionally, I think I require a lot of non-physical affection to feel accepted by someone really close to me, but outside of that, I don't, but I tend to give a lot of it, which is why Is why I was also leaning toward Choleric-Phlegmatic.

As far as my type goes, I'm always unsure! I posted the more forgiving J/P percentage I've gotten...it's usually more along the lines of a 3% difference. My cognitive functions always show outrageous use of Fe, pretty closely followed by Ni/Ne and Te. Si and Ti tend to fall below that and Fi and Se are pretty low.
    I've considered that I could be a very messed up ENFP or a very messed up ENFJ or something entirely different, but in the end, I function as more of an ENFJ when I'm healthy, and as more of an ISTP when unhealthy, with random habits that I picked up from my largely unhealthy ENFP mother.

So, in closing, no, I'm not sure of my type .
    Were u ever a schemer as a child? Did you ever have schemes that you would try to convince others to hop on, only to have them burn out or simply not come to fruition? I dont mean, "did you have dreams?" I really mean, "did you have little schemes you would try to generate support for?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    I think I would be getting :
    Inclusion : Melancholic (although Supine speaks to me on some aspects too)
    Control : Phlegmatic-Melancholic although I can relate with Phlegmatic-Sanguine too.
    You have INxx, so this could be INFJ, if Melancholy in Inclusion (INJ); and Phlegmatic Sanguine and Phlegmatic Melancholy are on opposite sides, but still centered around Phlegmatic (for the NF). Could also be INFP if Supine in Inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    since the other thread i've taken more time to think on this... Im basically:

Choleric Phlegmatic in inclusion
    (could be Phlegmatic Choleric) Phlegmatic in control
    Supine Phlegmatic in affection

What do you have to say about that!
    Im phlegmatic all over! It really is true that people are amazed my ability to basically spend a lot of time sleeping, eating, and just blahh, and yet I will go totally control freak and expend extreme amounts of perfectionist energy on little projects (im guessing thats the Choleric part). To complicate things more, even though i have some choleric in my inclusion, I have some supine in affection (totally giving people the wrong impression if they see one side of me)! How is this combination possible! I guess it would explain how the ENJ "In charge" personality combines with the NF temperament.
    Great match! Choleric=ENJ (the Phlegmatic mix means that you are a little more responsive than other In Charge's, and perhaps bordering on Get Things going-ENP); Phlegmatic=NF.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    whats funny is that I could say the above about myself with 1000% truth, yet I still see myself as choleric phlegmatic...funny how self inventory works
    If it's similar, then that's because the Choleric expresses like an extrovert, while the Supine wants like an extrovert, while the Supine expresses like an introvert, and the choleric wants like an introvert. So the Choleric might be able to say he "wants" people, but that is basically about him expressing to them for a task-oriented goal. The Supine will use tasks to respond to people.
    (though, as a Choleric, does that mean you could say you were "shy" as well, since that's part of what she said?)
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    i think mine would be melancholy phlegmatic in all areas...
    That would be close enough to INFP. (Since MP borders Supine). Would you happen to be an E4 as well?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That would be close enough to INFP. (Since MP borders Supine). Would you happen to be an E4 as well?
    i feel dumb and lazy now, but what's an E4?

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

oh, so you mean enneagram, right? i'm 5w4

(but i've tested both INTP and INFP)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK, that makes sense. When I first read about Enneagram, I identified the 9 types with the five temperaments and four "Phlegmatic blend" pairs, and the 4 sounded like the MelancholyPhlegmatic/SupinePhlegmatic range (introverted, and between people-focused and task-focused). As 5 sounds like a Melancholy; a full MP would make perfect sense as a 5w4.

Type Ideas