• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type of Intellectual are You?

Lightyear

The Bibliophile

You scored 23% empirical, 29% public, and 45% teaching-oriented

You are The Bibliophile!

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
You are The Lecturer!

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!

I rather like the profile.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
"The Dialectician

You scored 17% empirical, 67% public, and 45% teaching-oriented

Example: Aristotle

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually."

That describes me very well! Especially the italiced sections I relate to... :blush:

And I :wubbie: Aristotle.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Public Intellectual

You scored 38% empirical, 41% public, and 52% teaching-oriented

17590292839253652030.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

Noble, confident, successful! You are The Public Intellectual!

You have the enviable traits of the public intellectual. Unlike many great men and women, you are likely to be widely recognized for your contributions to popular discourse. People might admiringly drop your name in blogs on the internet or invite you to fancy cocktail parties.

However, you may find yourself fighting to maintain the integrity of your ideas. You're very likely to be mischaracterized, politicized, or satirized by scholars and laymen alike. And you may be tempted to stick to your guns, merely out of stubbornness. But when push comes to shove, you're exactly whom thousands of liberal arts major will strive to be some day.

Krugman..... that's my boy!!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
The Scientist
You scored 79% empirical, 37% public, and 43% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

Your Analysis

You scored 79% on empiricism, higher than 97% of your peers.

You scored 37% on publicity, higher than 60% of your peers.

You scored 43% on pedagogy, higher than 51% of your peers.

Jaguar

You are The Lecturer!

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said.
You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience.
But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research.
You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bibliophile. It's funny, I have this picture (of Jefferson) hanging in my office.

Capture-1.jpg

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
You are The Bibliophile!

You scored 31% empirical, 29% public, and 26% teaching-oriented

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
The Philosopher

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
You are The Philosopher!

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

Hm, it's less that I enjoy teaching, and more that I just end up teaching...

After reading the profiles, Scientist probably fits me better.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
You are The Philosopher!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
lol

The Collaborator

You scored 72% empirical, 43% public, and 43% teaching-oriented

The Collaborator
You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
9098079606054086772.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

You are The Dialectician!

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Professor

You scored 51% empirical, 48% public, and 58% teaching-oriented

The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

hmmm... interesting, i don't see myself this way.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
The Scientist
You scored 60% empirical, 29% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
The Scientist

You are The Scientist!

The same for me. 51% empirical, 26% public, 16% teaching oriented.

Some of it's true...but for the rest...I call bull pucky.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Collaborator

You scored 72% empirical, 43% public, and 43% teaching-oriented

The Collaborator
You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

Sure, why not.