User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The Scientist
    You scored 56% empirical, 30% public, and 13% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"
    I also relate to the Bibliophile, aside from the inane proclamation that the Bibliophile , known for the systemic synthesis of ideas, be geared toward business or politics

garbage

You scored 60% empirical, 54% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!
    Indeed.

*blows on bubble pipe*

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Public Intellectual

You scored 27% empirical, 41% public, and 62% teaching-oriented
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am The Professor
    You scored 46% empirical, 61% public, and 71% teaching-oriented

The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

*sighs* I thought I didn't want to be a teacher anymore...

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

The Lecturer

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENTP

The Philosopher
    You scored 8% empirical, 12% public, and 65% teaching-oriented

You are The Philosopher!

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

The Lecturer

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    It's not that I'm against people being emotional in and upon itself, it's that I don't like when his public statements are grounded in emotion and he uses his economic (which is grounded in reason) laurels to argue from authority. It's the same (but perhaps opposite) of say, celebrities, trying to dictate economic policy.

Okay, sheriff?
    Yeah I know what you mean, I think. I was just kidding. But yeah, anyone who argues from authority is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Stypg is right, if you're not careful, they'll stop cutting themselves and start cutting you.
    Would you kindly type out my username correctly? Would you kindly cut yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean, I think. I was just kidding. But yeah, anyone who argues from authority is annoying.
    I know. I added the sheriff bit to show that I was playing the game by going along with the joke.

I can be playful.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

HelloQuizzy.com: The Bibliophile

Vague, but I suppose fairly true in its vagueness. Kind of funny how low I was on pedagogy for someone that's aiming to teach, though.

Of course, I could go about criticizing the questions. If nothing else, I liked 14 the least, because I notice patterns by reasoning with logic. I could not understand how the two were mutually exclusive.
    Go to sleep, iguana.