• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type of Intellectual are You?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I knew you know that I know, but I didn't know that you know that I know that you know that I know. Until now.

I'm reminded why I gave up on a political career so early on in life.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

====================================

Sounds pretty true with how I go about doing things. Cool test.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are The Philosopher!

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

Hooray. I do write a lot... And i'm definitely of a philosophic nature.
I love how they had Plato as the image for my "type" in this test, because Plato and Socrates are my favorite philosophers by far.
Their words are the basis of many thought I have had on many subjects.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Meh.

The Scientist

You scored 72% empirical, 38% public, and 45% teaching-oriented
13436047293517527617.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

The Scientist
You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Looks like your avatar's wife.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
HelloQuizzy.com: The "What Type of Intellectual are You?" Test

My results:

Very much so. Especially considering that public intellectuals are supposed to be interested in addressing issues effecting society at large in greater depth and thus help inform public discourse. And of course I enjoy connecting with people in intellectual discussion, as my one blog helped show.

Stypg is right, if you're not careful, they'll stop cutting themselves and start cutting you.

Public Intellectual
You scored 39% empirical, 56% public, and 49% teaching-oriented

The empirical way annoys me, but I'm drawn to it, because it basically is science.

Public Intellectual

You scored 27% empirical, 41% public, and 62% teaching-oriented

Me too!

You scored 28% empirical, 61% public, and 49% teaching-oriented

Public Intellectuals...whens our first IPO? :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm unrecognized & ahead of my time :coffee: :D

You are The Dialectician!

You scored 9% empirical, 41% public, and 26% teaching-oriented

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Noble, confident, successful! You are The Public Intellectual!

You have the enviable traits of the public intellectual. Unlike many great men and women, you are likely to be widely recognized for your contributions to popular discourse. People might admiringly drop your name in blogs on the internet or invite you to fancy cocktail parties.

However, you may find yourself fighting to maintain the integrity of your ideas. You're very likely to be mischaracterized, politicized, or satirized by scholars and laymen alike. And you may be tempted to stick to your guns, merely out of stubbornness. But when push comes to shove, you're exactly whom thousands of liberal arts major will strive to be some day.
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

empiricism Distribution

You scored 38% on empiricism, higher than 32% of your peers.

publicity Distribution

You scored 60% on publicity, higher than 94% of your peers.

pedagogy Distribution

You scored 56% on pedagogy, higher than 79% of your peers.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
You are The Dialectician!

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm the Lecturer:
You scored 50% empirical, 30% public, and 71% teaching-oriented.

Well, I am a teacher and I'm happy with it :D

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I got scientist.
Personally, I think I'm more of a bibliophile, no matter how hard I try to dedicate myself to science with the same enthusiasm I approach literature.
Damn my need for money.

Shaunward

I got scientist.
Personally, I think I'm more of a bibliophile, no matter how hard I try to dedicate myself to science with the same enthusiasm I approach literature.
Damn my need for money.

The wording in this confused me. One of us is drunk.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
The Scientist

You scored 63% empirical, 24% public, and 13% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

I think I'm more of a bibliophile than a scientist.