User Tag List

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Type of Intellectual are You?

Senior Member Array Harold Saxon's Avatar

The Professor

You scored 57% empirical, 66% public, and 84% teaching-oriented

The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

Symbolic Herald Array

Default stop, collaborate, and listen

The Collaborator

You scored 71% empirical, 41% public, and 13% teaching-oriented

You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

~ oh my, would I be such a dismal teacher?

7w6 sx/sp
    ILE Ti

Your result for The "What Type of Intellectual are You?" Test ...
    Public Intellectual

You scored 43% empirical, 79% public, and 62% teaching-oriented
    Noble, confident, successful! You are The Public Intellectual!

You have the enviable traits of the public intellectual. Unlike many great men and women, you are likely to be widely recognized for your contributions to popular discourse. People might admiringly drop your name in blogs on the internet or invite you to fancy cocktail parties.

However, you may find yourself fighting to maintain the integrity of your ideas. You're very likely to be mischaracterized, politicized, or satirized by scholars and laymen alike. And you may be tempted to stick to your guns, merely out of stubbornness. But when push comes to shove, you're exactly whom thousands of liberal arts major will strive to be some day.

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

You are The Bibliophile!

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!
    hmmm... I have been thinking about going into politics... ideally working for a public policy group I can believe in.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

I'm not an intellectual.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

The Scientist
    You scored 57% empirical, 35% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!

Funny... I've been called a Buzz Killington.. but I could give a crap about having a law named after me.

Junior Member Array alexshippee's Avatar

You are The Dialectician!

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.

Gotta catch you all! Array Blackmail!'s Avatar

You are the Professor

You scored 61% empirical, 74% public, and 71% teaching-oriented
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI