• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So now I'm INTJ?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I took the humanmetrics test again. Last time I took it (a few weeks ago) I got the result of ISTJ. I also took another MBTI test online (don't remember what it was) and got ISTJ. Tonight however, I got INTJ.

???

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nearly everyone swings on a letter sometimes.
But if you hardly ever change from your original type, then you probably shouldn't take it too seriously.

Out of the tons of times I've taken the test, I've come out as an INTJ twice(usually when I was thinking too hard).
With such a low rate of variance, I think it's safe to assume that I'm still an INTP. :)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Nearly everyone swings on a letter sometimes.
But if you hardly ever change from your original type, then you probably shouldn't take it too seriously.

Out of the tons of times I've taken the test, I've come out as an INTJ twice(usually when I was thinking too hard).
With such a low rate of variance, I think it's safe to assume that I'm still an INTP. :)
Cool. Well answer me this: What is more desirable a personality, ISTJ or INTJ? :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha.
You know I can't answer that. It's totally subjective. :D
For me, personally, I have a harder time relating to ISTJs.
Even then, I know they are better for some things than an INTJ is.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'll just assign days then. m-w-f I'll be ISTJ all other days are INTJ. I guess.

hah

Roger Mexico

MBTI Type
INTP
I took the humanmetrics test again. Last time I took it (a few weeks ago) I got the result of ISTJ. I also took another MBTI test online (don't remember what it was) and got ISTJ. Tonight however, I got INTJ.

???

Dude, I've tested ENTJ on that test before. And ISTP, which would be more likely but still probably just me being in a weird mood when I took it.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
From some posts of mine in DaRick's introduction thread:

It sounds to me like you're an ISTJ with an understandable lack of recognition of yourself in the various descriptions of Sensing in general and the ISTJ type in particular. You might find this thread interesting. (The discussion gets going from post #7 onwards.)

I have to say that it just doesn't resonate with me that an INTJ could ever be in doubt about being an INTJ and especially be seriously considering ISXJ. :huh: But, stranger things have happened and I have much to learn, so INTJ test don't let my opinion sway you. ;)

Oh, I didn't intend to imply that doubting one's type is an S thing. Lots of Ns doubt their type. :yes: However, in my experience INTJs are less likely to do so, and you would be the first I have encountered who has seriously considered ISXJ as an alternative (whereas I've heard of ENTJ, INTP and ENFJ as alternatives under consideration).

(...)

Yeah, I can't say I blame intelligent S's for not self-identifying as such upon reading their descriptions. :(

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Types I have tested as while taking the tests as honestly as I could...

INFP, INFJ, INTJ, INTP, ENFJ, ISFP (In that order of number of test results)

But if you look at the individual temparments it's usually pretty easy to figure out where you fall.

SJ -The Guardian's core needs are for group membership and responsibility. Guardians need to know they are doing the responsible thing. They value stability, security and a sense of community. They trust hierarchy and authority and may be surprised when others go against these social structures. Guardians know how things have always been done, and so they anticipate where things can go wrong. They have a knack for attending to rules, procedures, and protocol.

NT - The Rational's core needs are for mastery of concepts, knowledge, and competence. Rationals want to understand the operating principles of the universe and to learn or even develop theories for everything. They value expertise, logical consistency, concepts and ideas, and seek progress. They abstractly analyze a situation and consider previously un-thought-of possibilities. Research, analysis, searching for patterns, and developing hypotheses are quite likely to be their natural modus operandi.

NF - The Idealist's core needs are for the meaning and significance that come from having a sense of purpose and working toward some greater good. Idealists need to have a sense of unique identity. They value unity, self-actualization, and authenticity. Idealists prefer cooperative interactions with a focus on ethics and morality. Idealists tend to be gifted at unifying diverse peoples and helping individuals realize their potential. They build bridges between people through empathy and clarification of deeper issues.

SP - The Artisan's core needs are to have the freedom to act without hindrance and to see a marked result from action. Artisans highly value aesthetics, whether in nature or art. Their energies are focused on skillful performance, variety, and stimulation. Artisans tend to be gifted at employing the available means to accomplish an end. Their creativity is revealed by the variety of solutions they come up with. They are talented at using tools, whether the tool be language, theories, a paint brush, or a computer.

Source 4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory

I chose INFJ because it is the NF type that displays the most NT traits.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Similar to Kiddo, I've basically tested out as ALL of the INxx's at various points, and depending on the test. INFJ and INTJ historically have been the most common. But testing INTJ I believe is simply the result of my becoming very analytical when I take any sort of test.

Stepping back and looking at how I interact with others, my motivations, and what makes me 'tick', I'm very much NF. I don't really care about NT stuff, basically (even though I can be quite analytical/logical and am NT in my current job), and NT isn't really my 'guiding force' in life. :) And actually when I'm just being uninhibitively ME, outside of work, there's like zero NT, in terms of what I talk about and how I approach things.

So yeah, the temperament stuff is helpful.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I've tested as an INFJ; INTP; INTJ and ENTJ.

I think one's psychological state determines (alongside many other variables) the ultimate direction of the test.

No clear determination as to accuracy is necessarily offered. Theories are patchwork and should be considered empirically open to revision, if only to avoid stagnation.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always test as an INTP but I'm pretty positive I'm not. (Order of likelyhood = ISTP>INTJ>>INTP). I've never come across a very accurate test, I see them more as a guideline for which descriptions you should look into, rather than an absolute mark of type.

Introverts_Unite!

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'll just assign days then. m-w-f I'll be ISTJ all other days are INTJ. I guess.

hah

Ha ... this strikes me as NT-like humor.

The issue with ISTJ vs INTJ switch-hitting (at least according to classic type dynamics theory) is that
-- ISTJ's INFERIOR function is ==> iNtuition, ( with Sensing=dominant internal)
-- INTJ's INFERIOR function is ==> Sensing (with iNtuition=domiant internal)

So in this case, it's not just a simple one-letter leap, it's a first-to-worst function and worst-to-first issue, assuming all the other I-T-J preferences are firm. Not too many people can pull that off on a consistent basis. My first go-round at the MBTI showed me landing in the S function as well, but when I analyzed the questions, I found I was answering not according to my own preferences, but those of my family expectations and job roles. I'm actually a very strong intuitive, but externally - all my life - I have had to fight chronic Sensory battles before relaxing into my inner N.

It could be that a strong external J function is fuzzying-up the dominant introverted function on the testing. I think the suggestion of looking at NT vs ST/SJ is your best bet in clarifying True Type. Also - the MBTI is more statistically reliable than other instruments.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Ha ... this strikes me as NT-like humor.

The issue with ISTJ vs INTJ switch-hitting (at least according to classic type dynamics theory) is that
-- ISTJ's INFERIOR function is ==> iNtuition, ( with Sensing=dominant internal)
-- INTJ's INFERIOR function is ==> Sensing (with iNtuition=domiant internal)

So in this case, it's not just a simple one-letter leap, it's a first-to-worst function and worst-to-first issue, assuming all the other I-T-J preferences are firm. Not too many people can pull that off on a consistent basis.
It could be that a strong external J function is fuzzying-up the dominant introverted function on the testing.
I think the suggestion of looking at NT vs ST/SJ is your best bet in clarifying True Type.

I agree with your central theme.

If I were to "switch" teams, I think the easiest transition would be to return to an INFJ role.

Chaz

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm usually an INTP. Sometimes I've got INTJ though.

redacted

i've tested as ENTJ, ENFJ, ENTP, ENFP, INFJ, INTP, INFP

never tested as INTJ or any S type.

???

your post screams of ISTJ