• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI form M. Ever take it?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The MBTI form M. is a professionally devised type evaluating test. It's apparently the standard testing item for administators who are actually serious about the MBTI in the USA, and it's the test that was used to collect the data on those famous American population figures we hear so much about (the ones that said ISFJs were the most common an INFJs were the least common).

So I was wondering if anyone here, to their knowledge, was ever tested with the MBTI form M.

Well?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is that the Step II? Or the TDI? I forget at the moment, and will have to look it up. I remember from the Wikipedia article that there was the shorter Form J, and the longer Form M, and IIRC, the longer form was for Step II.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that the Step II? Or the TDI? I forget at the moment, and will have to look it up. I remember from the Wikipedia article that there was the shorter Form J, and the longer Form M, and IIRC, the longer form was for Step II.

There are a whole bunch. There's a form Q and a form G (now obsolete) as well. Anyhow, form M is equivalent to step I.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, just looked it up. Form J was the "longer" one, and for the TDI (that's the one that adds the fifth factor of Comfort-Discomfort!) Form M is "the most current form of the MBTI instrument" (an apparently also the one the statistics were based on), from 1998.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, just looked it up. Form J was the "longer" one, and for the TDI (that's the one that adds the fifth factor of Comfort-Discomfort!) Form M is "the most current form of the MBTI instrument" (an apparently also the one the statistics were based on), from 1998.

Yup. The fact that it is the basis for those statistics is one of the reasons I've very curious if anyone has taken it. It's looking to me like no one here has, and I'm not very surprised.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It appears to be the official regular test, for now. If others here have not used that form, it is probably because they have ascertained their type through some other means (other tests online, comparing with type profiles or function use, etc).
I guess it would be a good question of how many people here have taken the actual test. There's even one online that we discussed, which was said to be the identical questionnaire (not sure if that meant Form M, though. Thread was "Most Accurate Type Test" or something like that).

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People take hodgpodges of tests, of many a dubious author, often unreasonably short in length. They pile these results together, and frequently come here expressing their confusion. Standardization would be very nice.

The more I've read about the form, the more convinced I am that it does indeed deserve priority over the other MB type tests, but I''ve still never seen it, so I must be skeptical. Never the less, it has far more of the things one should demand of a personality test going for it. And besides, since it is the one those population statistics are obtained from, it is in some sense the ony test that can actually be used for comparing oneself to the population (since we can't say just how different the results would have been with any other test, and thus, they are not comperable).

G

garbage

I've had other people express their interest to me in the MBTI, and they're interested in taking the "official" test. I didn't have to pay for mine, so I'm not sure what to tell them. Would this form M be the way for them to go?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had other people express their interest to me in the MBTI, and they're interested in taking the "official" test. I didn't have to pay for mine, so I'm not sure what to tell them. Would this form M be the way for them to go?

Yes, it is the standard, official MBTI.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
umm... I took some official form of the test while in college through the career center and the university picked up the cost... not sure which version it was specifically though :)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
umm... I took some official form of the test while in college through the career center and the university picked up the cost... not sure which version it was specifically though :)

Do you have any recollection about how many questions there were? And what year was this?