You are a Scientific Visionary
You know how to mix the "how" and the "why."
Your Communication Style
You love to think, logically and creatively. You are most productive at work when you are solving problems by analyzing specific situations or by creating multiple options. You're adept at strategic planning at the highest levels.
You are very aware of what's happening around you and/or what's going to happen in the future. It's almost like you have a sixth sense. You see the forest where most people are looking at trees or clumps of trees. This gives you a vision toward which to direct people's energies and thought processes. When you do this, people are amazed and excited about following your vision and strategies.
You're also able to break the vision and strategies into workable components that are easy to understand because they are linear, logical and uncomplicated. You also always ask a very important question when you're thinking through the solutions: "What is missing or doesn't fit?" Others on the project are surprised when you question your own assumptions, facts and logic.
You have an unassuming manner in getting people to follow what you want them to do. Some of the reasons you're so successful at getting people to follow your vision and strategies are as follows:
1. Before you speak and ask others to do something, you have the whole project meticulously laid out so it makes sense and it's easy to follow;
2. You ask for input and genuinely try to accommodate the plan to what people suggest;
3. When problems arise, you can be very creative in finding, or assisting others in finding, optional ways to handle the situations
4. And, as a whole, your mannerisms and your ways of communicating are clear and personable.
Your Communication Skills
Your communication skills are exceptional. You have a way of making people very relaxed and open during a dialogue with you. You pick up the most salient points and nonverbal gestures during a conversation. Then, you imaginatively redirect them in along your own lines of thought so that people feel they have fully participated in the process.
Respecting Others Needs
The one thing you don't like to do is to push or cajole others into doing something they are resisting. Yes, the project must be finished, but not at the expense of other people's individual feelings or integrity. Your respect for the rights of others supersedes the immediate need to accomplish the goal as planned. You'll find a creative way to meet the challenge while including the personal preference of the individual. That's why people enjoy being on a team or project with you. It's also why many people follow you even though you don't like to think of yourself as a great leader.
Back to top
People who have a predominantly Left-brain Abstract thinking style thrive on careful analysis of all pertinent factors before making any decisions. Their style is naturally systematic and detail-oriented, characterized by the pursuit of logic, predictability and discipline. They may appear distant and aloof at times, as they prefer to listen rather than talk. They tend to stick to the rules and stay within the confines of their orderly world.
When communicating with a Left-brain Abstract person, you are likely to experience the following characteristics:
* You might find their passion for logical analysis to be ponderous or overly pedantic at times, but if you keep an open mind, their conclusions could be beneficial to you.
* In situations where you must collaborate on a project or a plan, their tendency to stick to the rules can be limiting to your own creative visions. Present your optional ideas as logical alternatives worthy of consideration.
* They may appear distant and aloof at times, as they prefer to listen rather than talk. Don't take this personally or assume they're arrogant. Remember that they're absorbing and processing information before they render an opinion.
* They can be a valuable source of background or historical information, which you sometimes tend to overlook while you aim for the "big picture." Nevertheless, expect them to provide more details than you might care for.
People who have a predominantly Right-brain Concrete thinking style thrive on interacting with people and being the center of attention. They inspire others with their charm and warm personality. They can read other people very easily and use their intuitive skills to adapt effortlessly to changing situations. They are excellent at exciting and persuading others to follow their suggestions. They often speak without spending too much time thinking about what to say.
When communicating with a Right-brain Concrete person, you are likely to experience the following characteristics:
* At times, you might find their ebullient need to be the center of attention to be overpowering or annoying.
* Like therapists, they can sometimes encourage you to open up and confide with them about personal problems or concerns you have. You're usually okay with this, as long as they don't pry too deeply or push their solutions too strongly.
* As much as you think before you speak, they think by speaking. They are excellent at exciting and persuading others to follow their suggestions.
* Even if they don't take logic or factual data into account, they may come up with innovative or imaginative ideas that are worthy of your consideration.
* Since you both like to come up with ideas, the verbal interaction can be both personally rewarding and productive. They may not share your visionary creativity, but they often have an intuitive sense of what is most suited for you.
* They can sometimes seem manipulative in getting their way. While you might find their personal charm and charisma irresistible, don't allow yourself to be swayed in a direction that you know is not right for you.
People who have a predominantly Left-brain Concrete thinking style are action-oriented and thrive on challenge. As movers of people and organizations, they enforce rules, focus on goals, meet deadlines, and demand immediate action. They typically avoid getting bogged down in details and want to go directly to the bottom line. They prefer short and easy action-items or conclusions. They are decisive people who want to get things done quickly and efficiently.
When communicating with a Left-brain Concrete person, you are likely to experience the following characteristics:
* You might find their style at times overbearing or in some cases, even intimidating. As a result, you're likely to interact with them only as much as absolutely necessary.
* When it comes to solving problems, they view feelings or abstract concepts as intrusions that prevent them from reaching a firm conclusion. You'd be better off not allowing your feelings to become too much of an issue.
* On the other hand, your feelings about certain situations are paramount to your comfort level, so don't be afraid to let them know how important that is to you.
* There might be times that you will feel they are pushing too hard to get you to make a final decision. On the other hand, you might be struggling with all the options you're considering and could benefit from their decisive nature.
* Don't be offended by their direct talk if it seems abrupt