• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introvert/Extrovert Face Preference Quiz

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your choices:

We asked you to rate yourself on a five point scale for extraversion.

You rated yourself as an Introvert.

When rating female faces
40% Introverted
60% Extraverted

You seem to have a preference for extrovert faces. This means you might also prefer partners who have this personality type.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i got 50-50.
i dont really like the bbc's quizzes all that much. its like the generic brand for personality tests. lolz.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I got 60% introvert faces and 40% extrovert faces. I guess that makes sense. Although I got sick of the test after a while, and the faces basically looked the same to me, I could tell which ones were introverted because of the general demeanor.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Supposedly, I preferred extroverted faces 80% of the time, and introverted faces only 20% of the time.

But really, I think it is just that I am more attracted to men with normal-sized heads...

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Supposedly, I preferred extroverted faces 80% of the time, and introverted faces only 20% of the time.

But really, I think it is just that I am more attracted to men with normal-sized heads...

this. lol

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
80% preference for extroverted male faces...

:horor:

Who knew!?!?!?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
70% extroverted
30% introverted

Gah, those people were butt ugly on so many levels.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm... That was interesting... I was sure that I picked the extroverts all the time and kept wondering "why do they think introverts are supposed to be ugly", but my result was fifty-fifty.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I wonder if the visual part is based off the same criteria used in the test in this thread and as useless.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When rating male faces

70%
Extraverted

You seem to have a preference for extrovert faces. This means you might also prefer partners who have this personality type.

LucrativeSid

90% preference for extroverted faces. They looked so alive, present, loving, and fun. Introverts can seem that way too, but probably not until they know me. And still, that's only when I'm comparing the same faces to each other. I don't care how much a woman looks like she wants to murder me, if she's hot, she's hot.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know how this test is reliable. However, sometimes I think of myself bieng a mild depressed extraverted who mistype as introverted.

More, in test page, this statement I don't know how is right, but in according to it I am more extraverted than intraverted. And you?

Extroverts, who are at ease with strangers, may be more likely to smile and appear relaxed.

Introverts, who are by definition more reserved, may show less expression in their face when interacting with new people.

Other scientist have been testing a similar theory. Extroverts do seem to appear more facially expressive; that's the subtle difference people are noticing in pictures. The study below came up with similar results.

Posting Pics Online? What Your Photos Say About You | LiveScience:
For the controlled poses, the observers accurately judged extraversion and self-esteem. When participants looked at the naturally expressive shots, which revealed dynamic non-verbal cues, they were nearly spot-on, getting nine out of the 10 traits correct (everything but political orientation).

For instance, both the neutral and expressive photos garnered about a 70 percent success rate.

"Extraversion is one of those things that's probably the easiest trait to judge," Naumann told LiveScience. "Even without seeing whether someone is smiling or not people can pick that up."

But when judging likeability, observers got it right on average for 55 percent of the photos with neutral poses and 64 percent of the expressive photos. Similar results were found for agreeableness, with participants judging correctly 45 percent of the time for neutral poses compared with 60 percent in the expressive images.

Beyond pure science, the researchers say the results, which will be detailed in the December issue of the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, have practical implications.

For example, if you want to come off as an extravert, try to smile more, stand in energetic and less tense ways, and gear your overall appearance to look healthy (as opposed to sickly), neat and stylish, the study found. For those interested in seeming open to new experiences, it'd be best to show off a distinctive style of dressing rather than a healthy, neat appearance.