MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Interesting test - thanks for posting.

It wasn't just about expression for me though...some of them has weird foreheads or chubby faces (what does that have to do with introversion/extraversion?).
    Yeah, I agree, I think I could see what they were going for but the people SCARED me.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Interesting test - thanks for posting.

It wasn't just about expression for me though...some of them has weird foreheads or chubby faces (what does that have to do with introversion/extraversion?).
    I know right!
    Here's some background:

Perfect profile

His technique of digitally manipulating faces first attracted attention four years ago, when he showed that women prefer more masculine faces during the fertile period of their menstrual cycle. Faces were made more masculine by strengthening the jawline and brows and more feminine by widening the face and raising the eyebrows.

Now Professor Perrett is using the same techniques to investigate the connections between facial features and personality. Perrett is using the most widely accepted model of human personality: the five-factor model. This consists of:

Openness to experience - creative, original, independent
    Conscientiousness - careful, hard-working, conscientious
    Extraversion - affectionate, talkative, sociable
    Agreeableness - forgiving, sympathetic, warm
    Neuroticism - nervous, worrying, highly strung
    Altered images

For the time being, Perrett has decided to focus his attention on the best understood of the 'big five' personality factors: extraversion and its opposite state, introversion. Extraverts are talkative, fun-loving and sociable, while introverts tend to be reserved, quiet and retiring.

In previous experiments, Perrett and Little have found that digitally altering the masculinity and femininity of a face affects how people perceive aspects of their personality.

"As we manipulate female faces to make them more feminine, people see them as more extravert," says Perrett.

But masculinity and femininity is only part of the story. Pinning down the essence of an introvert or extravert face is more complicated.

Perrett and Little found that there was little data on what constituted an extravert or an introvert face. However, Perrett and his team came up with an ingenious solution.

After showing a group of volunteers 15 carefully chosen faces, the team asked them to complete a 20-item questionnaire. The questionnaire asked the volunteers to say which faces best represented certain character traits.

The team then carried out a statistical technique known as factor analysis on the results. This allowed them to draw out the features in a face that people regard as extravert and introvert.

Volunteers rate face composites in a university computer laboratory.
    With this information, they created average extravert and average introvert faces from the same 15 images by using computer software to amplify some features and suppress others. These composite images were then used to transform other faces, making them either more introvert or more extravert.

"A lot of the things that we're seeing in extravert and introvert faces are transient things like how likely you are to smile," says Dr Tony Little, of the Perception Lab at St Andrews. Indeed, while the withdrawn look of introvert faces is instantly recognisable, extravert faces seem to be fixed in the earliest stages of a grin.
    Mmmm hmmm...
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Phantonym

You rated yourself as an Introvert.

When rating male faces:

60% Introverted
    40% Extraverted

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Mmmm hmmm...
    So this about as informative as taking a "what animal are you?" quiz.
    Hey, it's fun!
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

[QUOTE=EnFpFer;1004601]"A lot of the things that we're seeing in extravert and introvert faces are transient things like how likely you are to smile," says Dr Tony Little, of the Perception Lab at St Andrews. Indeed, while the withdrawn look of introvert faces is instantly recognisable, extravert faces seem to be fixed in the earliest stages of a grin. [QUOTE]

I noticed that this year. It's actually how I am alll the time. I only relax my face right before falling asleep. It's how I can tell I'm about to go lights out. When I relax my face in the mirror conciously I don't think it lowers my looks. Maybe I'll get up the balls to post it and see if it's just introverted vs. extroverted preference. (I usually prefer introverted men - I'm not sure what male looks I actually prefer)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Some of those people were absolutely scary.
    So it wasn't just me thinking that? Oh thank god for that lol I kept thinking what's my choice here, mass murderer or pedo, choices choices.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

They aren't very good at equally positive descriptions

Careless,
    Lazy,
    Negligent

vs.

Careful,
    Hardworking,
    Conscientious

--

Vengeful,
    Callous,
    Cold

vs.

Forgiving,
    Sympathetic,
    Warm

---

Uncreative,
    Conventional,
    Conforming

vs.

Creative,
    Original,
    Independent

--

At ease,
    Calm,
    Relaxed

vs.

Nervous,
    Worrying,
    Highly Strung

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    So it wasn't just me thinking that? Oh thank god for that lol I kept thinking what's my choice here, mass murderer or pedo, choices choices.
    Ha, I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing what we can look beyond when we really put our minds to it!
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Yeah. Some of those questions were basically: Are you dumb, dull, unoriginal and generally worthless or super awesome, badass, creative, and god's gift to the world?

How do you think people are going to answer?

MBTI
    INFP

You rated yourself as an Introvert.

When rating female faces

20% 80%
    Introverted Extraverted