• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Animal in You *rawr*

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
mountain goat. apparently i should be looking for another mountain goat, or an eagle to pull me off the cliff side and dump me down the ravine to feast on my broken body in a meal of true love.

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
Homo sapiens.

This animal can't decide whether they are a devil or an angel. They can't decide whether to look up to God or down the long tree of life to the first living cell.

Some are afraid they will be the last living cell in a dead body, and so seek salvation in The Environment.

Some believe that real life is all there is, even though they are in an altered reality on Central.

And some live in the mytho-poetic and can't cope in real life.

But most of all, homo sapiens are a mystery to themselves and to me and to you.

A

Anew Leaf

The planet saturn neither spins nor toils

I got the planet Saturn.

*rings this joke for all it's worth* :ninja:

Mole

Permabanned
I got the planet Saturn.

*rings this joke for all it's worth* :ninja:

I think of you as the lily of the field. I confess my soft spot for you. And I wait by the phone for your invitation to Saturnalia. But not a word from you. Not a niggle.

But consider, you are not the biggest planet in the solar system, and I think Jupiter has their eye on me.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lion. I wanted to be either cat or fox. :sadbanana:
I wonder if [MENTION=10808]Jenaphor[/MENTION] would like to change. Lion is more like her. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First try was beaver, but the description wasn't that great a fit at all. I tweaked one of the answers that I was had been on the fence about and came up with horse, which is a much better description overall even if things here and there aren't quite right. (I'm not quite as social as this makes out to be, which is funny because my answer was the one right above "homebody" and yet I got something even MORE sociable than my answer.) Haven't read others, so there might be even better matches somewhere in there.

Horses are those strong, capable people that breeze through life with envious ease. But a closer look at these free-spirited personalities finds surprisingly complicated individuals that are sensitive to criticism and hate to be ignored. No one should say anything behind the horse's back, for its sense of hearing is fiercely acute and its temper carries quite a kick.

Friendly, sensible and ticklish, horses insist at taking charge of their lives unless a special someone comes along and takes control. Then the horse suddenly becomes a supportive, broad-shouldered mate ready to go anywhere and support any burden for the good of the relationship. They are deliberate creatures and are always trying to anticipate life's obstacles. Although it is capable of bounding over most challenges, the horse certainly isn't too proud to admit its shortcomings by taking the easy route wherever possible.

Horses' strong physique is well maintained by physical activity, and they exude personal charm and confidence. Sometimes, however, others take advantage of their helpful spirit. When this happens they react with predictable horse behavior - saddling up and running off without a word. Usually though, a long, solitary walk lets them blow off steam and they soon resume their good-natured demeanor. Their social skills are at their best during twilight, when they gather with friends to ruminate and discuss the events of the day.

Long hikes and nature walks are among a horse's favorite pastimes, and their enormous endurance is evident in their talent for long-distance running.

Horses enjoy all forms of activity, ranging from dancing and swimming to basketball and football, although they prefer team sports to solitary pursuits. They are well traveled and insist on journeying in comfort. Rather than blazing new trails like the fox and wildcat personalities, horses prefer to frequent popular tourist destinations like their fellow herbivores the sheep and bison.

With their gregarious natures these sturdy beasts generally rise to the top of their fields, especially in sales and public relations positions, but due to their lack of aggression are not natural leaders. They prefer to slipstream behind others and control events from behind the scenes. If they are to be found in the political arena, it is usually in a key advisory position and almost never as the person in the limelight.

EDIT: Tried it again and this time got "bat." There's a lot there that fits too.

http://www.animalinyou.com/profile.php?a=bat

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Once again I get the Swan result
swan.jpg
Swan

Genus and Species: Cygnus atratus, Collective Term: A ballet of swans

Careers and Hobbies: Therapist, Doctor, Personnel Manager, Dancer, Actor, Writer, Music, Ballet, Quiet vacations, Social causes

Famous Swans: Princess Diana, Celine Dion, Rudolf Nureyev, Grace Kelly, Winona Ryder

Throughout the ages, swans have been venerated for their elegant grace and gentle beauty. So it's little surprise that these personalities attract such admiration as they sail serenely through life. The swan's noble reputation is its greatest asset and it takes care to cultivate its image by always appearing calm in public.

Things are very different just below the surface, for fueling the swan's elegant glide is a high-energy paddling that consumes most of its emotional stamina. While it's common for a bird personality to exhibit this kind of emotional volatility, it is particularly noticeable in the swan when contrasted with its tranquil exterior.

Supporting a high-profile swan persona requires substantial energy, and a high metabolism can leave them feeling exhausted and drained. When life gets overwhelming, they will take off and find a tranquil, gentle place to meditate and recharge before returning to the real world. This unsettled aspect of their personality means that a swan has probably moved to a different city at least once its life, or is at least planning to do so.

Appearance is important to the swan who enjoys the finer things in life and it spares no expense in pampering itself. It would be a mistake to simply dismiss it as a fragile beauty though; for it is a well traveled, worldly bird who has seen the best and worst of the human condition. Its experiences have made it a well-rounded and worldly individual who can adapt to almost any career. It has no problem with taking direction from a boss and is always prepared to accept input from others.

Its work is well integrated into its life and it strives to find balance in its career and family life. Because swan personalities are often gangly and awkward as children, they have substantial experience in dealing with difficult people and are well equipped to handle conflicts in the workplace. Their innate empathy makes them ideal therapists, doctors, nurses or personnel managers. With their natural beauty they are also well suited for careers in the arts, with a particular affinity for music, ballet and acting.

Here is test creator, Roy Feinson's, concept of "bird personalities" in general:
Bird personalities are those attractive, talented people who brighten our day with their infectious joire de vivre. But maintaining this high-flying lifestyle requires a high metabolism that often makes them flighty and emotionally jittery. While their showoffy attitudes generate criticism, they're are always at the top of the list when it comes to sending out the party invitations.

Unable to remain in one place for long, birds love to travel, sometimes for no other reason than the sheer joy of exploration. Rarely alighting to integrate with the locals, they are consummate voyeurs preferring to people-watch through eagle eyes. So, to the other terrestrial personalities, birds are mysterious and enigmatic individuals who have disassociated themselves from the everyday life of land creatures. Birds also exhibit a decided theatrical streak that leans toward the melodramatic. Birds of prey - vultures, eagles and owls -- are particularly fascinating.

Proud, strong, and universally admired for their independent soaring spirits, their agile bodies are usually in excellent condition. Birds do not adjust well to the confines of the office unless the work is creative and challenging and are drawn to occupations as artists, writers, and editors. They also covet jobs that take them outdoors -- particularly as construction workers, park rangers and pilots. While their talents as performers and their love for beauty makes them ideally suited for careers as models, dancers, actors, aerobic instructors, interior designers and architects. With their brilliant organizational skills, birds are also outstanding managers and business owners. On the other hand, they tend to be finicky and picky, sometimes alienating subordinates with their unrelenting perfectionism.
Just interesting for me to have this come up again as I concurrently reflect on something I read this summer:

The Bird as Symbol in Current Culture
I first noticed the bird motif on the pro-ana sites. Girls described wanting to have bird bones, to be feather thin, ‘become frail’, to be light as air, be delicate, small, like a shimmering, (starving) sparrow.

The bird lust has seeped into other facets of culture, fashion primarily. Bird tats, shirts, golden necklaces on mall teens; over priced frumpy Anthropolgie dresses with hummingbird patterns splayed across the skirt and bodice. The bird, the common bird, not the scavenger vulture or populist pigeon, but the sparrow of all creatures, the frail, dumb, petite beaked thing has been adopted as a hipster talisman, a way to signify delicacy and airiness.

It’s gone from collar bone tattoos and into the mainstream. Jonathan Franzen wrote in the NYT that he is a secret bird watcher, which he described as very uncool, which is not true! It is very cool, right now, probably cooler than collecting vinyls and collecting customized moleskin notebooks.

Here’s what I despise about the mass bird adoption, it glamorizes frailty...​
< continue reading... >

Last edited:
R

Riva

Warthog

Careers and Hobbies

Personal injury law
Mercenary
Rug merchant
TV commentator
Poker
Hockey
Confrontations
Gardening
Football Gambling

Famous Warthogs

Dennis Franz
Newt Gingrich
Jimmy the Greek

Warthogs are those seemingly self-assured individuals who are never at a loss for words. Their bellicose behavior dominates all aspects of their successful lives (a la Newt Gingrich.) Neither polished nor good-looking, warthogs have stumbled upon a unique combination of aggression and charisma and have adopted it as their survival strategy. Although these ultra-intelligent animals are self-centered to the core, they do have a few redeeming qualities that make them worthy of business partnerships and interesting relationships.

Little pride is taken in their physical appearance and they are homely in both personality and countenance. Preferring intimidation and bluster in achieving their goals, they have little inclination to observe social niceties. Their distaste for etiquette also extends to their backbiting and manipulation, but they can be quite charming when the situation calls for it.

With their uncanny ability to discern the motives of others, warthogs are masters at spotting weaknesses in their opponents. But as is typical of most herbivores, their swaggering behavior stems from deep insecurities. Hostility is a wonderful defensive tool, made even more potent when combined with a quick tongue and sharp mind.

Warthog reading habits reflect their personalities, and they're more likely to be reading The Game than Eat, Pray, Love. Reflected in their unkempt personal living quarters, their personal life is disorganized and resembles a pigsty. Warthogs thrive on clutter and chaos.

A warthog's active mind is always on the lookout for opportunities, and they are canny businessspeople. They respect strength and loyalty in others, and their excellent negotiating skills stand them in good stead in their business dealings. They persevere until their goals are met, even if it means fighting dirty or breaking the law to do so.

It's common for warthogs to be self-employed. With their self-discipline and strength of character, they are formidable business adversaries. They reward loyalty but have a vindictive streak for those who cross swords with them. Their tempers often overcome their good judgment.

Warthogs make excellent personal injury lawyers, salespeople, mercenaries or poker players. Even though warthog personalities are almost universally disliked they are able to succeed by determination alone.

--------------

Edit -

I can remember taking this test before and getting the result Fox.

Careers and Hobbies

Computer programmer
Lawyer
Doctor
Advertising
Chess
Gambling
Debating
Jeopardy

Famous Foxes

David Duchovny
Hugh Grant
Johnny Cochran
Michael J. Fox

The fox is very much a creature of the night and is, along with its dog relatives, the most gregarious of the carnivores. Their agile minds are always active, and although they never intend to harm others foxes have developed a reputation for slyness and manipulation. The female of the species is called a vixen for good reason: With her sharp mind and equally sharp tongue, she is best left alone when angry.

Appealing, cerebral and of average size, the fox is a close relative of both the wolf and dog personalities and displays typical canine qualities of loyalty, passion and creativity. Largely misunderstood to be a shy, retreating individual, it's the fox's unique stature as a small carnivore that defines its survival strategy. Because it cannot succeed in the world using brute force alone, it must rely on its sharp mind and engaging personality to garner resources. Consequently it spends a lot of time in its head, giving the impression that it's trying to outsmart its friends. The fox is often surprised to learn that its intellectual pursuits are intimidating.

Foxes are fussy eaters and feed on a wide range of foods. With an appreciation for the finer things in life, they demand quality in entertainment, food, and friends. A love for exploration is mixed with enjoyment in overcoming challenges, and foxes are often out climbing mountains or journeying to exotic, forbidden places.

Flamboyance is usually not the fox's style, preferring to remain inconspicuous in choose subtlety and cunning over brute strength. They live in small, cozy environments and their houses are usually organized and neat. As a hunter personality, foxes are in good physical shape and enjoy sports that challenge their mind and body.

Foxes are typically successful in the workplace, but their competitiveness and ambition sometimes make coworkers feel belittled. They would never deliberately take advantage of others, but their single-mindedness often blinds them to their feelings. So they thrive in their own businesses and like to surround themselves with family and friends in these ventures. Although they demand consensus in all decisions, they dominate discussions and steer the plans to reflect their own agenda. Competent in a wide range of fields, foxes are particularly well suited for a career as computer programmers, lawyers, doctors or professional chess players.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Shrew

shrew.jpg

The diminutive shrew is the archetypal insectivore. Intelligent, thrifty and self absorbed, it knows how to get what it wants regardless of who stands in its way. Cursed with an overactive metabolism, the shrew is unable to stand still for even a minute. Whether it's picking up the kids, shopping at a garage sale or poking its nose into other people's business, it just keeps going and going. If its outta-my-way attitude provokes resentment from friends, that's just too bad. A shrew's gotta do what a shrew's gotta do.

Sharing does not come naturally to shrews, and they are typically the last to pay their portion at a group dinner. It's not that shrews are greedy, rather they're responding to a compulsive need to save for the future. In this respect they are much like their cousin the mouse, who takes planning for the future to extremes.

With the conviction that it knows what's best for everyone, shrews are always ready with free advice. They seem to delight in butting into other people's private affairs. Sometimes the shrew turns this hobby into a career as a gossip columnist, movie critic, or TV evangelist. But more often than not, it retains its amateur status and practices on its long-suffering friends.

Because shrews are constantly on the move, careers that require concentration and sober thinking are unsuitable. They perform best in chaotic jobs and thrive on the unpredictability of disorder, making them natural production assistants, circus performers, wedding organizers or emergency room technicians.

Their predilection for collecting and organizing things would also make them good librarians or or bookkeepers, while the desire to keep moving makes them suitable for any job requiring travel and creativity.

Shrews' sharp eyes have a knack for spotting the hole in the fence, and with their ability to make instant decisions they impetuously seize the moment and scuttle on through. Their smart mouths and high energy are put good use in the workplace, and they excel as salespeople and journalists. But sometimes their reputation precedes them and they encounter built-in resistance to their pitch even before they've opened their mouths.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
zebra.jpg

These strong shouldered quadrupeds are closely related to horse personalities. But since zebras have evolved in the competitive environment of the African plains, they've developed a tougher exterior and more aggressive demeanor than their cousins.

Those that come into contact with the zebra find it to be a powerfully loyal and intelligent friend. Its black and white nature shuns the gray zones of compromise and its decided idealism is incapable of accepting defeat in an argument. Zebras find it difficult to be punctual when it comes to meeting commitments that have little value to them, and close examination of this trait reveals the subtle arrogance that pervades the zebra's personality.

While its behavior might be construed as selfish, the zebra is generally appalled to discover that others have perceived it to be egotistical. Zebras always expect to be given the benefit of the doubt and are perpetually on the offensive when it comes to setting the record straight with regard to their motives.

Wild and untamable, zebras have quite an aggressive streak and their enormous self-confidence gives them an unusually swaggering gait. Quick to anger, a zebra's temper often gets the better of it and they are considered so volatile that even lion personalities will think twice before accosting them. However, they rarely initiate these confrontations and are peaceable and self-contained if left alone. Zebras have a tendency to view the world in black and white and have a strong sense of right and wrong. Unlike their horse cousins, they are unwilling to be saddled with the burdens of others and insist that everyone carry his or her own weight.

Once the zebra's mind is made up, it is difficult to shift its position, which explains its reputation for stubbornness. This reputation is somewhat unfounded however, since the zebra's opinions are only formed after deliberate and logical consideration. This analytical thinking primes them for careers in science, engineering, accounting and football refereeing.

Zebras' strong sense of justice makes them ideal for careers in the legal system, including police work or law, while their ability to endure a long race might bring them success in politics. Their love for things tangible makes it unlikely that they'll excel in the arts, and a distaste for physical labor makes zebras largely unsuitable for blue-collar jobs.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ouh yeah

alaska-sea-otter_485.jpg

Otters are petite, engaging creatures overflowing with positive energy. Intelligent and bright, they are also popular, eminently lovable and display the highly developed social skills that typify the small carnivores. Otters mix easily with a wide range of animal personalities.

Lazy? Let's just say easily distracted. Life has so many diversions for the otter that it's impossible to predict how it will fill its day. But when an otter gets focused on a problem, its keen intelligence rises to the challenge and it will not give up until the nut is cracked.

Otters feel entitled to the good things in life and a general sense of well being gives them the confidence to not have to save for the future. A lover who wants to impress an otter should know that otters love to eat out and have a predictable penchant for sushi.

Although intelligent and witty, otters have a tendency to suffer from self-doubt and fear of failure can prevent them from living up to their true potential. Still, they are a great problem solvers, with the ability to spend endless hours on abstract or practical challenges. As workers, they are dedicated and capable and always eager for a chance to prove themselves.

Their determination makes otters valuable employees, and although they often feel that their contributions are undervalued they would rather accept lower pay than risk confrontations in their workplace.

Although they are fine motivators otters avoid taking leadership roles, performing better in group situations with their social skills coming in handy when counseling coworkers through their problems. Their dexterous hands are useful in a wide range of careers, and they're ideally suited for work in engineering, advertising, and design.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've also tested as Fox (and another one I don't remember)

Wild Cat

Genus and Species:
Felis sylvestris

Collective Term:
A clowder of wildcats

Careers and Hobbies
Explorer
Dancer
Travel agent
Researcher
Writer
Traveling
Massages
Shopping
Dancing

Famous Wild Cats
Michelle Pfeiffer
Heather Locklear

Wildcat personalities do not differ substantially from their domestic cousins and exhibit the aloof behavior that is common to all felines. With their well-deserved reputations as creatures of comfort, wildcats jealously guard their independence while indulging in the finer things in life. Attractive, solitary, creative and curious, these individuals are quite happy to observe the world from a distance.

The wildcat would never take a conventional route and prefers to explore life from off the beaten track, relying heavily on its instincts and powers of observation to guide it safely through the jungle. Its air of indifference and need for privacy keeps it on the outskirts of society, but its love for comfort always brings it back.

Exceptional personal hygiene is a hallmark of the wildcat personality, and from their hair to their fingernails they are immaculately groomed. Shopping for clothing or personal-care items spices up long, dreary days.

When someone wrongs a wildcat, they make it their business to even the score. Displaying superb patience, wildcats will even wait years for the right moment. When the occasion comes to strike, they gather all their force and attack. In the face of a ferocious display of hissing and blustering, their surprised victim has little chance of escape.

The wildcat differs from its lion relatives in its approach to its social structure. With an aversion to the complex family organization of the lion, the wildcat finds freedom and self-indulgence to be far more compelling. As a natural explorer it disdains staying in one place for long, preferring the freedom of solitary roaming in exotic locales. This wanderlust makes it ideal for a career as a travel agent, explorer, mountain climber, researcher or writer.

Although wildcats are uncomfortable performing in front of large groups, their grace and lithe bodies make them natural dancers or gymnasts.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something interesting dealing with animal archetypes:

Animal Totems

Which animal on this list do you relate to the most?

From what I've read of the list, these choices tend to ring home for me:

Bird
To unite with others. but retain ones individualism. Freedom in flight

Blackbirds
Mysticism. Hypnotic hold over others. Can move between the seen and unseen worlds with clarity
(Druid legends say that the three birds of Rhiannon are blackbirds and their song can put the listener into a trance state which enables them to travel to the otherworld )

Butterfly
Changling. Able to transform. Balanced in all things. Grace and beauty

Crow
Crows are symbols of creation and spiritual strength. They remind us to look for opportunites to create and manifest the magic of life. They are messengers calling to us about the creation and magic that is alive within our world everyday and available to us! Council with wisdom, Resourceful.

Owl
Wisdom. Ability to see in to shadows. Insight (for self and others). A solo worker but able to assist others when required.

rav3n

Lion. I wanted to be either cat or fox. :sadbanana:
I wonder if [MENTION=10808]Jenaphor[/MENTION] would like to change. Lion is more like her. :D
I lack a tightly bonded family unit to be a lion although when we eat together, it's everyone for themselves. ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It is funny what can a simple animal test tell you these days.

Vulture

Physically and socially, the vulture is a clumsy creature and its unusual features border on homeliness. Its somewhat bloated body is unusual for a creature of the air, since birds can't afford excess ballast when they're flying around. So vultures are forced to soar at the mercy of the currents and wait for opportunities to present themselves, and unlike the smaller birds are unable to control their own destinies.

Don't make the mistake of underestimating the vulture though, for it's awkward outward appearance masks an intensely sharp mind capable of long range vision. With infinite patience, the vulture uses its keen senses to detect when the moment is ripe before swooping in and claiming its prize. Most people only encounter the vulture's devious mind when it's feeding at the carcass of their dreams. Nope, the vulture is no angel and those wings on its back have no connection to the divine. For a vulture would look ridiculous wearing a halo while taping her friend's intimate conversations for the special prosecutor.

Like most birds of prey, vultures love to travel. They particularly favor long trips and are always on the lookout for business opportunities. Even when vacationing with family, a vulture would interrupt the trip if they spied a chance to make money.

Vultures hate to work, preferring to shadow other aggressive characters until opportunities arise. They circle these situations with infinite patience and have an uncanny ability to determine when the moment is ripe. Only when assured of a reward will they swoop in and take control. They can be extremely possessive with their prize and will defend it against all intruders. However, cultures won't risk injury, and they take flight when the situation becomes volatile.

When others observe a vulture circling they can be confident that an opportunity is at hand. Always alert to the opportunity to buy or sell, they make excellent stockbrokers and trade their services for a percentage of the profits. The species also earns a living by buying up ailing businesses and selling off their assets to make a quick buck.

With their excellent vision, vultures are also able to provide far-sighted leadership as business advisers, lawyers or company directors.