• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Animal in You *rawr*

Beorn

Permabanned
AfricanElephant111.jpg

Elephant

Genus and Species:
Loxodonta africana

Collective Term:
A herd of elephants

Careers and Hobbies
Manager
Judge
Musician
Business Exec
Politician
Leader
Singing
Family
Art appreciation

Famous Elephants
Indira Ghandi
Golda Meir
Pavoratti

An elephant personality is a person whose deliberate movements exude confidence and calm in all aspects of his or her life. While maybe not the king of the animal world, it is surely a member of the royal family. With an imposing physical presence and kind, spiritual demeanor, it moves easily through life where few barriers can hold it back.

There's a touch of cool in the stoic elephant that's appealing and reassuring. In all probability this composure stems from the knowledge that they have no natural enemies; even the lion and crocodile personalities pay homage by giving them a respectful berth. Only the unpredictable tiger has been known to trigger any semblance of anxiety in this otherwise fearless animal.

Slow to anger, they can sometimes exhibit a violent temper and use their powerful personality to humble and drive off unwanted intruders. Active during day and night, elephants take naps whenever the urge strikes.

When elephants set their minds to something, they don't waver in their commitment until the task is complete. Their intelligence, combined with a formidable personality, gives them a terrific advantage in business and social affairs while their communication skills make them first-rate leaders. Trustworthy and honest, they always let others know where they stand with regard to their feelings.

In business, elephants are usually found in leadership roles as executives or company presidents and, although highly paid, are never ostentatious with their wealth. In the top echelons of political office, elephant personalities are far more likely to be female. Male elephants are not as predictable as their counterparts, and females are more likely to maintain an even temper.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Wow! The entire personality changes depending on your size. People with wildly fluctuating weight must have MPD.

Now here's a highly scientific and precise personality test that will tell you which animal you are and how you should behave.
Nicely played.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something interesting dealing with animal archetypes:
Which animal on this list do you relate to the most?

Actually, I just looked up the two animals that I already have long-related to, just to see what they "meant":

1. Bear: Protective mother. Hidden strength. Inward looking. To know ones self
(Grizzly Bear: Strength, Power, Introspective and Knowledgeable)

2. Raven: Destroyer / Rebuild, Explorer of the unknown, Mysterious

That's actually pretty accurate, especially the unexpected destroy/rebuild... the endless cycle of death/life and destruction/creation. (I typically use Death of the Endless as my avatar, and understand Destruction.)

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Bat!!

Order:
Chiroptera

Collective Term:
A cauldron of bats ---> Cool! I didn't know that!

Careers and Hobbies
Psychiatrist
Artist
Social Worker
Archeologist
Writer
Musician
Socializing
Philosophy

Famous Bats
Nostradamus
Gypsy Rose Lee

This is a decidedly nonconformist creature, for as an airborne personality, the bat tends to look down at the conventions of the ground animals. And yet, since it is not a true bird and has not mastered the art of smooth controlled flight, it often appears awkward in social situations (hence the phrase "acting batty"). But as compensation for this social ungainliness, many bat personalities sport a built-in radar which enables them to intuitively read the motivations of others.

Identifying bat personalities is not difficult. Being nocturnal creatures, they come alive at night and can be spotted in underground clubs or dimly lit bars. They prefer the sanctuary of dark clothing and dark corners, and you'll never see a bat sporting a heavy tan. These are intelligent, spiritual, creative individuals who use their full range of senses (other than their poor eyesight) to carefully navigate their way through life.

Bats have a habit of flitting in and out of social situations, swooping down to interact briefly with others before quickly flying off to resume their bat lives. Unassertive and aloof, they'll take flight at the first hint of a confrontation to seek comfort in their personal spaces, generally decorated in unusual but expressive ways.

A sixth sense gives bats a number of advantages in their work, and their insightful nature enables them to understand others better than they understand themselves. This intuitiveness makes bats excellent psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and palm readers. They respond poorly to direction however, and function best as a sole practitioners in their own business. Preferring to work at night and sleep by day, a bat's job must be flexible enough to accommodate these unusual hours. A creative streak often finds them in the design and architectural fields, and their unique relationship with dark caves makes you a natural archeologist or spelunker.

Although the bat's spiritual side is always on display, they are not overly emotional. Because of their unusual and sometimes awkward approach to life they can sometimes have difficulty finding companions. However, bats respond well to anyone who shares their philosophical perspective, and they love spending long hours in deep conversation. Once they have successfully located a partner, bats prove to be both dependable and committed companions.

*The bold fits me well

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I thought that was a nice touch too, wasn't it?

At least I had more than four animals to pick from. :alttongue:

It's fantastic. I've got one for every mood. One day a wolf or an owl; the next a shrew. And, for days when my job feels like a circus, an elephant.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's fantastic. I've got one for every mood. One day a wolf or an owl; the next a shrew. And, for days when my job feels like a circus, an elephant.

Bah... elephants work for peanuts. :ranting:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This test is the real deal I tell you.
I got Wolf. So awesome.

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got the bat....
Let's see....a mouse!
I can identify with both creatures in some areas. But I always been called by others as "mousy."

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I took this once before and got Walrus, this time I got Hippo with Walrus as a suggestion.

Mole

Permabanned
I would like to quarrel with the question, for we are all animals - homo sapiens.

And homo sapiens is connected to every other animal and plant that has ever existed on Earth. Each of us, from a wrinkle wort to a wart hog to homo sapiens, share exactly the same four letters of our DNA.

The question I think presumes we are not animals ourselves. It puts us higher than animals. It gives us dominion over animals. But this is just the biblical maunderings of a desert people who knew nothing about natural selection and the genome.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]

I dub thee a catapillar who refuses to come out of his chrysalis.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bat

Order:
Chiroptera

Collective Term:
A cauldron of bats

Careers and Hobbies
Psychiatrist
Artist
Social Worker
Archeologist
Writer
Musician
Socializing
Philosophy

Famous Bats
Nostradamus
Gypsy Rose Lee

This is a decidedly nonconformist creature, for as an airborne personality, the bat tends to look down at the conventions of the ground animals. And yet, since it is not a true bird and has not mastered the art of smooth controlled flight, it often appears awkward in social situations (hence the phrase "acting batty"). But as compensation for this social ungainliness, many bat personalities sport a built-in radar which enables them to intuitively read the motivations of others.

Identifying bat personalities is not difficult. Being nocturnal creatures, they come alive at night and can be spotted in underground clubs or dimly lit bars. They prefer the sanctuary of dark clothing and dark corners, and you'll never see a bat sporting a heavy tan. These are intelligent, spiritual, creative individuals who use their full range of senses (other than their poor eyesight) to carefully navigate their way through life.

Bats have a habit of flitting in and out of social situations, swooping down to interact briefly with others before quickly flying off to resume their bat lives. Unassertive and aloof, they'll take flight at the first hint of a confrontation to seek comfort in their personal spaces, generally decorated in unusual but expressive ways.

A sixth sense gives bats a number of advantages in their work, and their insightful nature enables them to understand others better than they understand themselves. This intuitiveness makes bats excellent psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and palm readers. They respond poorly to direction however, and function best as a sole practitioners in their own business. Preferring to work at night and sleep by day, a bat's job must be flexible enough to accommodate these unusual hours. A creative streak often finds them in the design and architectural fields, and their unique relationship with dark caves makes you a natural archeologist or spelunker.

Although the bat's spiritual side is always on display, they are not overly emotional. Because of their unusual and sometimes awkward approach to life they can sometimes have difficulty finding companions. However, bats respond well to anyone who shares their philosophical perspective, and they love spending long hours in deep conversation. Once they have successfully located a partner, bats prove to be both dependable and committed companions.

R

Riva

Why do I keep on getting a alert on subscribed threads that SuchIrony has made a post on this thread, but to see the last person who has made a post is Qlip and even if I view the thread it keeps on appearing on my subscribed thread alert?

Edit -

Now I see SuchIrony's post and also the alert isn't there anymore.

What a mystery?

*Goes looking for the famous 5*.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My result was stupid. I was told recently I would probably be a love bird if I were an animal. I'll stick with that.

Mia.

Prairie Dog

Careers and Hobbies
Social work
Teaching
Journalism
Psychology
Dancing
Cinema
Reading
Nature
Gardening

If the words infectiously mischievous remind you of anyone, then chances are that you have a prairie dog in your life. Petite, attractive and intelligent, this creature's free time is spent in bucolic surroundings, playing socially bonding games with friends and family. But despite its insatiable curiosity, the prairie dog is cautious about venturing into the unknown and the conflict between its homebody tendencies and restless intellect defines its personality.

Like most insectivorous creatures, prairie dogs are wary of strangers and are anxious to turn them into allies. Even though it leaves an indelible mark on its community, only a handful of people ever claim to truly know a prairie dog. This subtle alienation distresses the prairie dog who suffers its periodic bouts of loneliness in silence.

As letter writers, prairie dogs are without equal. They are generous and unselfish with their time and find sharing to be a source of pleasure. Their personal lives are well organized and they confidently tackle life's challenges while building a successful career. Prairie dogs derive a great deal of pleasure from nature and return the favor by conscientiously recycling and encouraging their community to do the same. They spend most of their recreational time at play with close friends. They prefer group activities that cement social bonding, like card and board games.

Prairie dogs love music and dancing. Outdoor concerts are a special treat, where they draw energy from the crowd under an open sky. They are also creative and enthusiastic lovers, taking pleasure in their partner's pleasure. They are not drawn to any physical type in particular, but seek lovers to whom they can connect on a spiritual level.