• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Your Taste in Art Says about You

myriah

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
21 Islamic, 5 Impressionist, 4 Ukiyo-e, -13 Cubist, -7 Abstract and -5 Renaissance for me! Pretty interesting test, I'd say. I wonder how many other NFs prefer Islamic art.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Simple, Progressive, and Sensual

13 Ukiyo-e, -9 Islamic, -6 Impressionist, 13 Cubist, 0 Abstract and -21 Renaissance!

Ukiyo-e (浮世絵, Ukiyo-e), "pictures of the floating world", is a genre of Japaneseand paintings produced between the 17th and the 20th centuries. it mostly featured landscapes, historic tales, theatre, and pleasure. Ukiyo is a rather impetuous urban culture that has bloomed in popularity. Although the Japanese were more strict and had many prohibitions it did not affect the rising merchant class and therefore became a floating art form that did not bind itself to the normal ideals of society.

People that chose Ukiyo-e art tend to be more simplistic yet elegant. They don't care much about new style but are comfortable in creating their own. They like the idea of living for the moment and enjoy giving and receiving pleasure. They may be more agreeable than other people and do not like to argue. They do not mind following traditions but are not afraid to move forward to experience other ideas in life. They tend to enjoy nature and the outdoors. They do not mind being more adventurous in their sexual experiences. They enjoy being popular and like being noticed. They have their own unique style of dress and of presenting themselves. They may also tend to be more business oriented or at the very least interested in money making adventures. They might make good entrepreneurs. They are progressive and adaptable.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
12277452859599324131.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

Abstract art uses a visual language of form, color and line to create a composition which exists independently of what may appear to others as visual realities. Western had been underpinned by the logic of perspective and an attempt to reproduce an illusion of visible reality. It allowed the progressive thinking artists to show a different side to the world around them. By the end of the 19th century many artists felt a need to create a 'new kind of art' which would encompass the fundamental changes taking place in technology, science and philosophy. Abstract artists created art that was diverse and reflected the social and intellectual turmoil in all areas of Western culture.

People that chose abstract art as their preferred artform tend to be visionsaries. They see things in the world around them and in people that others may miss because they look beyond what is visual only with the eye. They rely on their inner thoughts and feelings in dealing with the world around them instead of on what they are told they should think and feel. They feel freed from the tendancy to be bound by traditional thought and experiences. They look more toward their own ideas and experiences than what they are told by their religious upbringing or from scientific evidence. They tend to like to prove theories themselves instead of relying on the insight or ideas of others. They are not bound by common and mundane, but like to travel and have new experiences. They value intelligence, but they also enjoy a challenge. They can be rather argumentative when they are being forced or feel as if they are being forced to conform.

Fair enough..i'm actually about to steal the picture above for my new avatar, i just like it that much :D

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

24 Ukiyo-e, 7 Islamic, 0 Impressionist, -20 Cubist, -22 Abstract and 10 Renaissance!

12096476048466208671.jpeg

Ukiyo-e (浮世絵, Ukiyo-ehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Japanese), "pictures of the floating world", is a genre of Japaneseand paintings produced between the 17th and the 20th centuries. It mostly featured landscapes, historic tales, theatre, and pleasure. Ukiyo is a rather impetuous urban culture that has bloomed in popularity. Although the Japanese were more strict and had many prohibitions it did not affect the rising merchant class and therefore became a floating art form that did not bind itself to the normal ideals of society.

People that chose Ukiyo-e art tend to be more simplistic, yet elegant. They don't care much about new style but are comfortable in creating their own. They like the idea of living for the moment and enjoy giving and receiving pleasure. They may be more agreeable than other people and do not like to argue. They do not mind following traditions but are not afraid to move forward to experience other ideas in life. They tend to enjoy nature and the outdoors. They do not mind being more adventurous in their sexual experiences. They enjoy being popular and like being noticed. They have their own unique style of dress and of presenting themselves. They may also tend to be more business oriented or at the very least interested in money making adventures. They might make good entrepreneurs. They are progressive and adaptable.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Traditional, Vibrant, and Tasteful
13814686525156064135.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

14 Islamic, 13 Impressionist, 12 Ukiyo-e, -20 Cubist, -19 Abstract and 1 Renaissance!

Islamic art is developed from many sources: Roman, Early Christian, and Byzantine styles were taken over in early Islamic architecture; the architecture and decorative art of pre-Islamic Persia was of paramount significance; Central Asian styles were brought in with various nomadic incursions; and Chinese influences . Islamic art uses many geometical floral or vegetable designs in a repetitive pattern known as arabesque. It is used to symbolize the transcendent, indivisible and infinite nature of Allah.

People that like Islamic art tend to be more traditional people that appreciate keeping patterns that they learned and experienced from their past. It is not to say that they are not innovative personalities, they just do not like to let go of their roots. They like to put new ideas into details and make certain that they will work before sharing them with others. Failure is not something they like to think about because they are more interested in being successful and appreciated for their intelligence. These people can also be or like elaborate things in their life as long as they are tasteful. They tend to prefer geometric patterns and vibrant colors.

nice picture. as a painter myself i'm into fantasy landscapes, vibrant colors, and fluidity, and i do love patterns and endlessness. i also love art that has hints of mysticism and tradition in it. :yes: though i think i ended up choosing the individual pieces based more on color/content than style.

myriah said:
I wonder how many other NFs prefer Islamic art.

+1

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
HelloQuizzy.com: Traditional, Vibrant, and Tasteful

16 Islamic, -1 Impressionist, 14 Ukiyo-e, -24 Cubist, -21 Abstract and 15 Renaissance!

Islamic art is developed from many sources: Roman, Early Christian, and Byzantine styles were taken over in early Islamic architecture; the architecture and decorative art of pre-Islamic Persia was of paramount significance; Central Asian styles were brought in with various nomadic incursions; and Chinese influences . Islamic art uses many geometical floral or vegetable designs in a repetitive pattern known as arabesque. It is used to symbolize the transcendent, indivisible and infinite nature of Allah.

People that like Islamic art tend to be more traditional people that appreciate keeping patterns that they learned and experienced from their past. It is not to say that they are not innovative personalities, they just do not like to let go of their roots. They like to put new ideas into details and make certain that they will work before sharing them with others. Failure is not something they like to think about because they are more interested in being successful and appreciated for their intelligence. These people can also be or like elaborate things in their life as long as they are tasteful. They tend to prefer geometric patterns and vibrant colors.

charnack

MBTI Type
INTP
Interesting...

Balanced, Secure, and Realistic.

22 Impressionist, 7 Islamic, 1 Ukiyo-e, -19 Cubist, -8 Abstract and -8 Renaissance!

Balanced, Secure, and Realistic.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

Impressionist Distribution

You scored 17% on Impressionist, higher than 88% of your peers.

Islamic Distribution

You scored 22% on Islamic, higher than 96% of your peers.

Ukiyo-e Distribution

You scored 2% on Ukiyo-e, higher than 47% of your peers.

Cubist Distribution

You scored -18% on Cubist, higher than 28% of your peers.

Abstract Distribution

You scored -22% on Abstract, higher than 23% of your peers.

Renaissance Distribution

You scored -1% on Renaissance, higher than 53% of your peers.

H

Hate

Non-conformist, Visionary, and Independent

6 Abstract, -7 Islamic, -5 Ukiyo-e, 5 Cubist, -1 Impressionist and -17 Renaissance!

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
My result was Impressionist.

Although I do agree that impressionism is what I like best in visual arts, as well as surrealism, I sort of disagree with the profiling it gives with your results and I think the styles of art tested were a little too narrow and rather arbitrary. But those were just my qualms with the test.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroverted, Progressive, and Intelligent
16 Cubist, -7 Islamic, -11 Ukiyo-e, -4 Impressionist, 1 Abstract and -28 Renaissance!

15211975454650503068.jpeg

Cubism was a 20th century avant-garde movement, pioneered by Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque. It revolutionized European art and inspired changes in music and literature. The first branch of cubism, known as Analytic Cubism. It was both radical and influential as a short but highly significant art movement between 1908 and 1911 mainly in France. In its second phase, Synthetic Cubism, (using synthetic materials in the art) the movement spread and remained vital until around 1919.

People that chose Cubist paintings as their favorite art form tend to be very individualized people. They are more extroverted and less afraid of speaking their opinions then other people. They tend to be progressive and are very forward thinking. As the cubist painting is like looking into a shattered mirror where you can see different angles of the images, the people that prefer these paintings like looking at all angles of a problem. These people are intelligent and they are the transformers of our generation. They look beyond what is seen into what things could become. They are ready to leave the ideas of the past behind and look at what the future has to offer.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Very cool test!!

My result was Islamic, "Traditional, Vibrant and Tasteful"
13814686525156064135.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

This makes total sense for me if you use the definition of Traditional that the test describes:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Non-conformist, Visionary, and Independent

People that chose abstract art as their preferred artform tend to be visionsaries. They see things in the world around them and in people that others may miss because they look beyond what is visual only with the eye. They rely on their inner thoughts and feelings in dealing with the world around them instead of on what they are told they should think and feel. They feel freed from the tendancy to be bound by traditional thought and experiences. They look more toward their own ideas and experiences than what they are told by their religious upbringing or from scientific evidence. They tend to like to prove theories themselves instead of relying on the insight or ideas of others. They are not bound by common and mundane, but like to travel and have new experiences. They value intelligence, but they also enjoy a challenge. They can be rather argumentative when they are being forced or feel as if they are being forced to conform.

It feels good to have confirmed my type. Good test :).