User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What Your Taste in Art Says about You

Non-conformist, Visionary, and Independent

6 Abstract, -7 Islamic, -5 Ukiyo-e, 5 Cubist, -1 Impressionist and -17 Renaissance!

My result was Impressionist.

Although I do agree that impressionism is what I like best in visual arts, as well as surrealism, I sort of disagree with the profiling it gives with your results and I think the styles of art tested were a little too narrow and rather arbitrary. But those were just my qualms with the test.

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    6w7 sx/sp

Extroverted, Progressive, and Intelligent
    16 Cubist, -7 Islamic, -11 Ukiyo-e, -4 Impressionist, 1 Abstract and -28 Renaissance!

Cubism was a 20th century avant-garde movement, pioneered by Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque. It revolutionized European art and inspired changes in music and literature. The first branch of cubism, known as Analytic Cubism. It was both radical and influential as a short but highly significant art movement between 1908 and 1911 mainly in France. In its second phase, Synthetic Cubism, (using synthetic materials in the art) the movement spread and remained vital until around 1919.

People that chose Cubist paintings as their favorite art form tend to be very individualized people. They are more extroverted and less afraid of speaking their opinions then other people. They tend to be progressive and are very forward thinking. As the cubist painting is like looking into a shattered mirror where you can see different angles of the images, the people that prefer these paintings like looking at all angles of a problem. These people are intelligent and they are the transformers of our generation. They look beyond what is seen into what things could become. They are ready to leave the ideas of the past behind and look at what the future has to offer.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar

Very cool test!!

My result was Islamic, "Traditional, Vibrant and Tasteful"

This makes total sense for me if you use the definition of Traditional that the test describes:
    People that like Islamic art tend to be more traditional people that appreciate keeping patterns that they learned and experienced from their past. It is not to say that they are not innovative personalities, they just do not like to let go of their roots. They like to put new ideas into details and make certain that they will work before sharing them with others. Failure is not something they like to think about because they are more interested in being successful and appreciated for their intelligence. These people can also be or like elaborate things in their life as long as they are tasteful. They tend to prefer geometric patterns and vibrant colors.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert

Non-conformist, Visionary, and Independent

People that chose abstract art as their preferred artform tend to be visionsaries. They see things in the world around them and in people that others may miss because they look beyond what is visual only with the eye. They rely on their inner thoughts and feelings in dealing with the world around them instead of on what they are told they should think and feel. They feel freed from the tendancy to be bound by traditional thought and experiences. They look more toward their own ideas and experiences than what they are told by their religious upbringing or from scientific evidence. They tend to like to prove theories themselves instead of relying on the insight or ideas of others. They are not bound by common and mundane, but like to travel and have new experiences. They value intelligence, but they also enjoy a challenge. They can be rather argumentative when they are being forced or feel as if they are being forced to conform.

It feels good to have confirmed my type. Good test .