• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Prototype Thread (Test My Awful Super-Short Test, and Give Feedback!)

VagrantFarce

Test is here: MBTI Prototype

After trying it out, please post feedback :) The more the better.

Important note: I will be updating the OP periodically with updated tests based on feedback. After a certain amount of time I will be locked out of editing the OP, so if the OP hasn't been updated in a while, check the newest posts for updates.

12/03/2009 - changed the wording a bit (x3)

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OMGZ!!! I got ENFP!!! WINZ! :worthy: :bananallama::banana::wubbie:

My answers were:

"I feel more torn between relying on stability and what I am familiar with, and trusting unknown possibilities"

"I feel more torn between the values I hold dear in my heart, and the responsibilities I am expected to uphold and take accountability for"

"When making a decision I feel more inclined to seek out and evoke input, from myself and others, to ensure the most informed decision possible"

"When interacting with others I generally feel impatient with too slow a pace."

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Woah. I like this test. It also seems a lot harder to reverse-engineer :thinking:
And yes, I got ISTP.

"I feel more torn between avoiding "expected" interpretations, and simply accepting the surface details for what they are."
"I feel more torn between the need to fit in with the lives of others, and knowing and understanding how things work for myself."
"When interacting with others I typically feel pressured by too fast a fast pace."
"I find it more rewarding when I'm focusing on the surface details, considering things as they present themselves as and just letting go."

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
The first time I got INTP. :shock: But I changed one answer and got ISFJ, which is much more suitable.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
This time, I got istp. I still don't see myself as a "t" but this is the second time in a row...

I feel more torn between avoiding "expected" interpretations, and simply accepting the surface details for what they are.
Comment: This feels accurate for me because I don't like cliches... but I do like to just bask in the joy of my senses.

I feel more torn between "...the need to fit in with the lives of others, and knowing and understanding how things work for myself."
Yes, true. How can I fit into the world... but how can I explore it and see what makes it work? I love taking things apart to see what's inside and how they function. I'm not the best at putting them together but I have this endless sense of curiosity.

When interacting with others I typically feel pressured by too fast a fast pace."
Yep. Right. Where's the race? Just slow down and enjoy the experience.

I find it more rewarding when I'm focusing on the surface details, considering things as they present themselves as and just letting go."
What a beautiful world! This works for me.

So... I really don't see myself as an ISTP, but it was an interesting test.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
INFJ.

So close...

MUCH better descriptions, though.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
INFJ

I liked that. For me it was harder to see which description went with which, than other tests.

VagrantFarce

And what's the function that makes the person genuinely interested in posting the information gathered from the dissection?

I'm not sure you could tie that sort of behaviour to one of the functions. I think all people get excited when talking about what they enjoy doing.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm not sure you could tie that sort of behaviour to one of the functions. I think all people get excited when talking about what they enjoy doing.

Such as how you enjoy talking about MBTI? ;)

As for feedback, I'm going to blindly speculate and say that the Ni/Se vs. Ne/Si question such that Ni/Se is preferred, largely because of it's more easily comprehendable wording.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFP. Seems alright to me.

wolfy

awsm
I got INFP

I got ISFP by changing

"...relying on stability and what I am familiar with, and trusting unknown possibilities."

"...avoiding "expected" interpretations, and simply accepting the surface details for what they are."

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I got INFJ. I sometimes test as an INTJ, but never an F until now. These were my responses:

"I feel more torn between...
"...avoiding "expected" interpretations, and simply accepting the surface details for what they are."

"...the need to fit in with the lives of others, and knowing and understanding how things work for myself."

"When interacting with others...
"...I typically feel pressured by too fast a fast pace."

"I find it more rewarding when...
"...I'm consciously attending to the expected interpretations of things, to remain independant of them."

The wording for the first and last questions were admittedly a bit confusing to me.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I got INFP...

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
I got INFP.

Which is not too far off...if I weighted my axes, I'd be INtj anyway.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFJ :huh:

Kay went again and changed one answer that I don't really understand and probably answered wrong because of that, got ENTP.

v Is too wordy for me =/

"...relying on stability and what I am familiar with, and trusting unknown possibilities."