User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

ESTJ.

Good one.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'm stuck on ISTP mode.
    I have figured out why, though: I think that, to get "F" instead of "T," I would have to choose: "I feel more torn between the values I hold dear in my heart, and the responsibilities I am expected to uphold and take accountability for." I don't feel torn about that at all. If expectations of me conflict with my values, then I will always choose my personal values. Or, to be more specific (which is how I prefer to communicate), I am a pacifist and am opposed to all war. If someone expected me to work full-time and cut out that freelance journalism business and the only job available was to do public relations for a defense-related business, well, that job isn't going to happen. I don't feel conflicted about that at all.
    So I chose "...the need to fit in and connect with the lives of others, and knowing and understanding how things work for myself." That does seem to be a choice that I do feel more torn about making. Do I want to connect with others, which I like, or enjoy my tertiary Ti function, which is fun, too? (aargh! decisions!)
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 12-03-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: needed to add something
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

ENTP
    or
    ENFP

Nice!
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I'm stuck on ISTP mode.
    I have figured out why, though: I think that, to get "F" instead of "T," I would have to choose: "I feel more torn between the values I hold dear in my heart, and the responsibilities I am expected to uphold and take accountability for." I don't feel torn about that at all. If expectations of me conflict with my values, then I will always choose my personal values. Or, to be more specific (which is how I prefer to communicate), I am a pacifist and am opposed to all war. If someone expected me to work full-time and cut out that freelance journalism business and the only job available was to do public relations for a defense-related business, well, that job isn't going to happen. I don't feel conflicted about that at all.
    So I chose "...the need to fit in and connect with the lives of others, and knowing and understanding how things work for myself." That does seem to be a choice that I do feel more torn about making. Do I want to connect with others, which I like, or enjoy my tertiary Ti function, which is fun, too? (aargh! decisions!)
    maybe you're an istp?
    Hello

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah I honestly don't ever feel conflicted by my values or "what I'm expected to uphold and take accountability for." It doesn't seem like a dichotomy. The values that I have don't EVER really conflict in that way at all.

The wording there is a bit awkward too, since I don't often really think of my values. But eh, I'm probably just weird. I only have a few that I can think of that I really draw the line on in situations, and they're related to people only.

And yeah I chose the ISTP option as well.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    xxxx

As a less significant side note, the forum uses MM-DD-YYYY format, while the OP times updates by DD-MM-YYYY. I think it'd be a little easier to understand the update time if it was more consistent with the forum standard.

Also, with the new wording, I get a result of INTP.

*mini seal of approval here*
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

your tests keep giving me ENFJ!

Should it be giving something else?
    Hello

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I got ENTJ both times (there was a result I was equally torn by, but neither of those answers changed the type I got). This pretty much makes sense, since I get to be pretty ENTJ-ish at work. Since I spend most of my days working..

And babylon it's because you're a Feeler. Get over it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Changed the wording a tiny, tiny bit.
    Hello