Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default Philosophical personality test

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...11862379420906

Foundationalist

Foundationalists believe in logical, ordered opinions, built on other opinions. Building ideas is like building a house - you have to start at the most basic truths, and work your way up from there, otherwise it simply doesn't work. Thus, a foundationalist's entire goal is to find a single universal truth, that cannot be refuted by any argument. Once that truth has been found, everything else can fall into place. "I think, therefore I am" is often argued to be one of these basic truths.

Famous foundationalists include: Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Foundationalism is Realism.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Rationalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Rationalist

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Regressionist

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with.

"It's hot today."
    "Why?"
    "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze."
    "Why?"
    "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region."
    "Why?"

And so on.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTJ

Regressionist
    Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with.

"It's hot today."
    "Why?"
    "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze."
    "Why?"
    "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region."
    "Why?"

And so on.

Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend.

The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Rationalist
    Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Spiritualist
    Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

An NF had to answer sooner or later !
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Skeptic
    The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP

Regressionist

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Spiritualist
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers