User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

What the hell is up with all of these spiritualits... and worst of all Optimists in this thread?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    What the hell is up with all of these spiritualits... and worst of all Optimists in this thread?
    Heavens, we wouldn't want any differences of opinion, now, would we?

I need to make a macro of that so I can say it to you regularly.

Claims I'm a rationalist - which may or may not be correct, but I have similar gripes about the questions as those expressed above. A good number of them seemed to willingly miss the point from my philosophical POV.

MBTI
    TiSe

Skeptic

The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.

MBTI
    TiSe

I thought this forum was created to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of types. I am expected to learn more of MBTI, understand perspectives of other types, and have some productive discussions on type theory. However if the forum was made purely as a factionist ploy to one up INTPC, then I will be as indifferent to the infantile banter and type-centric behavior as I was there.

MBTI
    INXP

Part of the type diversity is that some of them will not always see the point of what others believe. There's going to be some conflict along with the acceptance.

Don't want it to turn into a hate fest, but there's no value to acceptance if it's unconditional.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    INTJ

To be honest I got Rationalist first, but the test is so simplistic and being a philosophy major I knew what every response I had meant, so since the result made so sense with how I answered, I retook it for the answer that was closest to me : )

Skeptic
    The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Yeah David Hume is pretty badass.

MBTI
    INFJ

Your Score:Skeptic

I'm surprised that I even took the test. I can't abide philosophy. I barely got past Philosophy 101 (Plato and Aristotle) in school. All I did was argue with my professors.

How does that relate to mybeing a neo-pagan? Hmmm.

Score: 0 optimism, 0 faith, and -3 logic!

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I thought this forum was created to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of types. I am expected to learn more of MBTI, understand perspectives of other types, and have some productive discussions on type theory. However if the forum was made purely as a factionist ploy to one up INTPC, then I will be as indifferent to the infantile banter and type-centric behavior as I was there.
    I was never on INTPC, but I got your back on that one.

to the divisiveness.
    Last edited by Crabapple; 05-09-2007 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Dinna wanna double post.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

Practicing any particular faith?
    I'm a recovering Catholic and not involved in an organized religion. I'm more directed to Buddhism.
    Last edited by Zhash; 06-01-2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: didn't make sense

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

SKEPTIC