• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rationalist
72 optimism, 50 faith, and 65 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Although it must be said, many of the questions did not have the answers I would choose. So I just chose the closest ones. :p

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.
:BangHead:

That is not the definition of rationalism, and the first sentence isn't even true.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
Although it must be said, many of the questions did not have the answers I would choose. So I just chose the closest ones. :p

Me too.

... Rationalist, 79 optimism, 40 faith, and 92 logic!

Plus l like existentialism a lot, so it sux they're opposites...

Heh, the rationalist maybe would say there is nothing which opposes reason. Plus he didn't just say it, it's true. hehe

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
What's Your Philosophy

OkCupid.com: Take The What's Your Philosophy? Test

Regressionist
47 optimism, 50 faith, and 63 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Regressionist
42 optimism, 46 faith, and 73 logic!

13477029595783874637.jpeg

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Interesting... seems like it might fit. I've asked "why" ever since I can remember.

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Regressionist
53 optimism, 46 faith, and 77 logic!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spiritualist. Don't fully agree with the description though.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Rationalist

61 optimism, 48 faith, and 60 logic!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Rationalist

61 optimism, 48 faith, and 67 logic!

Cool, almost the exact same score for me before.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lmao .. This is quite funny as my mood is very sombre at the moment (i rise from the ashes, and i feel good, something/someone has to knock me back down so i start all over again). So i wonder if i took this test in a few days time, would the result be different. Anyway.

Existentialist

35 optimism, 58 faith, and 44 logic!

In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Rationalist

60 optimism, 50 faith, and 56 logic!

The provided definition seems to discredit the percentage balance, particularly concerning my 'faith' score...

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Spiritualist
56 optimism, 63 faith, and 54 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

Compared to other takers:

31/100 You scored 56% on optimism, higher than 31% of your peers.

74/100 You scored 63% on faith, higher than 74% of your peers.

26/100 You scored 54% on logic, higher than 26% of your peers.

Not bad. :headphne:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It tells me I'm a rationalist, which is false.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wow, I don't feel optimistic in my day-to-day life, quite negative actually! :D But, overall & theoretically I believe there is something better and we just need to find a way to achieve it...

Optimist

56 optimism, 73 faith, and 60 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow, I don't feel optimistic in my day-to-day life, quite negative actually! :D But, overall & theoretically I believe there is something better and we just need to find a way to achieve it...
Optimist

65 optimism, 60 faith, and 56 logic!
1856587750278154765.jpeg

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

Same here my friend. It's my best defense mechanism, what would I do without it?:D

bad situations+optimism= hope/faith=> willingness to make an effort=> higher probability for a positive outcome.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Regressionist

49 optimism, 33 faith, and 79 logic!

13477029595783874637.jpeg

The underlined idea is the only thing I don't agree on. Depending on how realistic the question sounds, I'd probably give it a 'maybe'. I'm not sure if I agree with this philosophy yet until I do more research.

P

Phantonym

Rationalist

63 optimism, 50 faith, and 73 logic!

That seems so...dry. Optimistically rational, that's better.