First 2101112131422 Last

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Your Score: Rationalist
    1 optimism, -1 faith, and 2 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Suprise.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

2 optimism, -5 faith, and 6 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.
    My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 56% on optimism
    You scored higher than 1% on faith
    You scored higher than 95% on logic

MBTI
    FiSi

Optimist

5 optimism, 2 faith, and 1 logic

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

(I knew this.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Smile

Optimist

2 optimism, 4 faith, and 2 logic

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

I guess this was their closest philosophy to the Christian life philosophy. We are not a dying breed. All things will work out in the end. All evil will one day be overcome by good. We live in a fallen world--to live is Christ, to die is gain.

You know who were the famous Christians: Paul, Peter, John...

The opposite of a Christian life philosophy is any life philosophy that doesn't exalt Jesus as Lord and Savior of their life.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    INTP

I'm a regressionist.

I was going for a realist, too...

You scored higher than 8% on optimism
    You scored higher than 4% on faith
    You scored higher than 85% on logic

Pssh.

The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Lol.

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with.

"It's hot today."
    "Why?"
    "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze."
    "Why?"
    "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region."
    "Why?"

I only ask 'why?' when I really want to know. We regressionists are not stupid.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Existentialist
    -1 optimism, 3 faith, and -4 logic!

In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Regressionist.

You should've done a poll. Then we could've seen the spread across the forum.

MBTI
    infp

Existentialist, but I disagree, the description didn't suit me at all.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

I wouldn't say I worship any deities and I find religion to be quite one sided..

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Nice test...

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas