Thread: BBC Gender Test

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I got a -50, typical female score.

EDIT: Took it again & realized I didn't read the instructions right (because I often don't read instructions - is that male or female? )
    Got -25, so still female, but not so bad on the 3D rotation.

Angles
    Your score: 14 out of 20

If you scored 13 - 17: You found this test neither hard nor easy. This suggests your brain has male and female traits when it comes to spatial ability.

Spot the difference
    Your score: 14%

?If you scored between 0 - 33%: You may have more of a male brain.

Hands
    You said your right thumb was on top
    when you clasped your hands together.
    Right thumb on top: This suggests the left half of your brain is dominant. Some scientists believe that if you are left brain dominant, you would be more verbal and analytical.

Empathising
    Your empathy score is: 12 out of 20??

Average score for men: 7.9 out of 20
    Average score for women: 10.6 out of 20
    Women in general are better at empathising.

Systemising
    Your systemising score is: 9 out of 20

Average score for men: 12.5 out of 20
    Average score for women: 8.0 out of 20

Eyes
    Your score: 7 out of 10
    If you scored 7 - 10: Your result suggests you are a good empathiser, sensitive to other people's emotions. Women generally fall into this category.

Fingers

Your ratios came to:
    Right Hand: 0.95
    Left Hand: 0.95

Average ratio for men: 0.982
    Average ratio for women: 0.991

Men generally have a ring finger that is longer than their index finger, which gives them a lower ratio than women, whose ring and index fingers are usually of equal length.

Faces
    Your choices suggest you prefer more masculine faces.

3D shapes
    Your score: 5 out of 12 ?
    Average score for men: 8.2 out of 12?
    Average score for women: 7.1 out of 12

??If you scored 0 - 6: Twice as many women as men score in this category. Previous studies suggest that those with a female-type brain or with an arts background fall into this range.

Words
    Your score: you associated 14 word(s) with grey and you named 13 word(s) that mean happy.

Average score for men: 11.4 words total
    Average score for women: 12.4 words total

If you produced 6 - 10 words: Most people in this range have a female-type brain.

Ultimatum
    If you had to split 50 with someone, you said you would demand 25
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 04-02-2010 at 10:40 PM.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I scored +50, like an average man.

Angles
    This task tested your ability to identify the angle of a line by matching it with its twin. This is a spatial task, which looks at how you picture space.
    Your score: 15 out of 20
    Average score for men: 15.1 out of 20
    Average score for women: 13.3 out of 20
    What does your result suggest?
    If you scored 13 - 17: You found this test neither hard nor easy. This suggests your brain has male and female traits when it comes to spatial ability.

Spot the difference
    This task tested your ability to identify which objects changed position. You lost points, if you incorrectly identified objects.
    Average score for men: 39%
    Average score for women: 46%
    What does your score suggest?
    If you scored between 0 - 33%: You may have more of a male brain. Scientists say men tend to under perform in this task. The corpus callosum, the part of the brain that links the right and left hemispheres, is a fifth larger in women. This means women can process visual and other signals at the same time more easily than men. There is also a theory that oestrogen levels in women give them an added advantage in spatial memory.

Hands
    You said your left thumb was on top when you clasped your hands together.
    Left thumb on top: This suggests the right half of your brain is dominant. Some studies theorise that as a right brain dominant person, you may excel in visual, spatial and intuitive processes.

Emotions and Systems
    This task looked at whether you prefer to empathise or systemise.
    Empathising
    Your empathy score is: 9 out of 20
    Empathisers are better at accurately judging other people's emotions and responding appropriately. If you scored 15 and above, you are very empathic and would be an ideal person to comfort people in a time of crisis. Women in general are better at empathising.
    Systemising
    Your systemising score is: 12 out of 20
    Systemisers prefer to investigate how systems work. A system can be a road map, flat pack furniture, or a mathematical equation anything that follows a set of rules. A score of 15 and above suggests you're good at analysing or building systems. Men in general are better at systemising.
    Scientists are keen to learn more about people who score high or low on both tests. They want to find out whether or not empathising and systemising are linked. Is a possible to make yourself more empathic?

Eyes
    This task tested your ability to judge people's emotions.
    Your score: 8 out of 10
    Average score for men: 6.6 out of 10
    Average score for women: 6.6 out of 10
    If you scored 7 - 10: Your result suggests you are a good empathiser, sensitive to other people's emotions. Women generally fall into this category.

Fingers
    We asked you to measure your ring and index fingers. Your ratios came to:
    Right Hand: 1.04
    Left Hand: 1.01
    It's thought that your ratio is governed by the amount of testosterone you were exposed to in your mother's womb. The ratio of the length of your index finger to the length of your ring finger is set for life by as early as three months after conception. Even during puberty, when we experience intensive hormonal changes, the ratio stays the same.
    Men generally have a ring finger that is longer than their index finger, which gives them a lower ratio than women, whose ring and index fingers are usually of equal length.

Faces
    This task looked at how you rate the attractiveness of a series of faces. The images you looked at were digitally altered to create slight differences in masculinity.
    Highly masculinised male faces possess more extreme testosterone markers such as a long, broad and lower jaw, as well as more pronounced brow ridges and cheekbones.
    Interestingly, women's preferences are said to vary across the menstrual phase. A more masculine face is preferred during the 9 days prior to ovulation, when conception is most likely. (I'm not going to ovulate in 9 days, sorry test.)
    A typical 'attractive' female face possesses features such as a shorter, narrower, lower jaw, fuller lips and larger eyes than an average face.
    Are you surprised at what researchers think they can learn from your answers?

3D shapes
    This task tested your ability to mentally rotate 3D shapes.

Your score: 10 out of 12
    Average score for men: 8.2 out of 12

If you scored 10 - 12: Are you an engineer or do you have a science background? People with these skills tend to score in this range. Past studies have concluded that people in this range have a more male brain.

Words
    Doesn't count, I'm foreign.

Ultimatum
    This task asked you how you would divide money.
    So far on the Sex ID test, men have demanded 51.6% (25.80) of the pot and women have demanded 51.0% (25.50), on average.
    What does your response suggest?
    Sex differences are small in this task. Demanding less than 60% of the pot (ie 30) is more typically female. Demanding more than 65% of the pot (ie 32.50) is more typically male.
    Scientists believe that people with lower testosterone levels tend to take fewer risks so they are probably more willing to keep less for themselves. Those with higher testosterone levels tend to drive a harder bargain and are less compromising.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

100% male

angles: 12 out of 20
    Spot the difference: 0% (!)
    Hands: Left on top
    Empathising: 10/20
    Systemising: 12/20
    Eyes: 5/10
    Fingers: Right Hand: 1.11/ Left Hand: 1.11
    Faces: Your choices suggest you prefer more feminine faces.
    3D shapes: 12/12
    Words: 5.5
    Ultimatum: 20

And somehow that is 100% male?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I scored 0.. right in the middle, which is consistent with another gender test I have taken.

Angles

Your score: 14 out of 20

Spot the difference

Hands
    You said your left thumb was on top when you clasped your hands together

Left thumb on top: This suggests the right half of your brain is dominant. Some studies theorise that as a right brain dominant person, you may excel in visual, spatial and intuitive processes.

Emotions and Systems

Empathising

Your empathy score is: 10 out of 20

Systemising

Your systemising score is: 8 out of 20

Eyes

Fingers

Right Hand: 1.02
    Left Hand: 1.04

Faces

Your choices suggest you prefer more feminine faces.

3D shapes

Your score: 5 out of 12

Words

Your score: you associated 8 word(s) with grey and you named 5 word(s) that mean happy. We are assuming that all the words you entered are correct.

If you produced 6 - 10 words: Most people in this range have a female-type brain.

Ultimatum

I scored 25

I seemed to do fine with language and recognizing emotion, but I excelled in spatial reasoning which apparently is a more masculine trait. Must be all my hiking and science background.

Although my left thumb was on top, I am ambidextrous. I know I use both sides of my brain equally which is why sometimes it takes me a bit longer to reach a decision because of conflicting information reaching my consciousness at the same time.

Interesting test. Thanks Jennifer.

MBTI
    INFP

Parts of this seemed a little suspect (for instance, isn't the whole "women use more words per day than men" thing a myth?) but overall an interesting test!

Scored +50 like an average male (I'm a girl ).

Angles

This task tested your ability to identify the angle of a line by matching it with its twin. This is a spatial task, which looks at how you picture space.

Your score: 19 out of 20

Spot the difference

This task tested your ability to identify which objects changed position. You lost points, if you incorrectly identified objects.

Your score: 57%

Hands

Right thumb on top: This suggests the left half of your brain is dominant. Many studies have tried to establish whether there is a relationship between handedness and brain dominance. Some scientists believe that if you are left brain dominant, you would be more verbal and analytical.

Emotions and Systems

This task looked at whether you prefer to empathise or systemise.

Empathising

Your empathy score is: 13 out of 20

Systemising

Your systemising score is: 3 out of 20

Eyes

Fingers

Right Hand: 0.95
    Left Hand: 0.96

Faces

This task looked at how you rate the attractiveness of a series of faces. The images you looked at were digitally altered to create slight differences in masculinity.

Your choices suggest you prefer more feminine faces.

3D shapes

This task tested your ability to mentally rotate 3D shapes.

Your score: 12 out of 12

Words (Took the instructions for this one too literally ...)

This task looked at your verbal fluency.

Your score: you associated 8 word(s) with grey and you named 7 word(s) that mean happy. We are assuming that all the words you entered are correct.

Ultimatum

This task asked you how you would divide money.

So far on the Sex ID test, men have demanded 51.6% (25.80) of the pot and women have demanded 51.0% (25.50), on average.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Angles

Your score: 20 out of 20

Spot the difference

Your score: 100%

Hands

Note: Both my thumbs are EXACTLY at the same height. So I picked the answer randomly.

Emotions and Systems

Empathising

Your empathy score is: 11 out of 20

Systemising

Your systemising score is: 17 out of 20

Eyes

Your score: 9 out of 10

Fingers

Right Hand: 0.96
    Left Hand: 1.02

Faces

3D shapes

Your score: 12 out of 12

Words

Your score: you associated 20 word(s) with grey and you named 16 word(s) that mean happy. We are assuming that all the words you entered are correct.

Note: I did it in French

Ultimatum

---

The test claims I'm neither male, and neither female.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Parts of this seemed a little suspect (for instance, isn't the whole "women use more words per day than men" thing a myth?) but overall an interesting test!
    One link: Amazing Women Rock - Do Women REALLY Talk More Than Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Interesting, since apparently the test creators made this claim on their test (and it's not good when your own test proves your answer key wrong):

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Demanding less than 60% of the pot (ie $30) is more typically female. Demanding more than 65% of the pot (ie $32.50) is more typically male.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

heart on fire

The finger tests asked for finger length in mm and then it only allows a min of 10 mm! well, sorry my fingers aren't that long. What did I misunderstand there?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The finger tests asked for finger length in mm and then it only allows a min of 10 mm! well, sorry my fingers aren't that long. What did I misunderstand there?
    10 mm is 1 centimeter (less than 1 in)...your index/ring fingers are really that short?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe