User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: BBC Gender Test

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I believe you're trying to entrap me into making politically incorrect statements

I could say many things about how things changed for me when my brain lost estrogen and gained testosterone as its main fuel. But much of it would probably meet with resistance! lol
    I'd be curious to hear it. But no pressure

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I believe you're trying to entrap me into making politically incorrect statements
    I'm not self-titled a "provokateur" for nuttin'!

I could say many things about how things changed for me when my brain lost estrogen and gained testosterone as its main fuel. But much of it would probably meet with resistance! lol
    Aw, a big hunka man like you, afraid of a little social hubbub?

Seriously, maybe making it another topic (rather than cluttering this one up)? Or maybe it still fits here?

Dunno, but it'd be interesting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Average male (50).

---

Angles

Your score: 16 out of 20
    Average score for men: 15.1 out of 20
    Average score for women: 13.3 out of 20

If you scored 13 - 17: You found this test neither hard nor easy. This suggests your brain has male and female traits when it comes to spatial ability.

Spot the difference

Your score: 36%
    Average score for men: 39%
    Average score for women: 46%

If you scored between 34 - 66%: You may have a balanced female-male brain.

Hands

You said your left thumb was on top when you clasped your hands together.

Left thumb on top: This suggests the right half of your brain is dominant. Some studies theorise that as a right brain dominant person, you may excel in visual, spatial and intuitive processes.

Empathising

Your empathy score is: 7 out of 20
    Average score for men: 7.9 out of 20
    Average score for women: 10.6 out of 20

Systemising

Your systemising score is: 10 out of 20
    Average score for men: 12.5 out of 20
    Average score for women: 8.0 out of 20

Eyes

Your score: 6 out of 10
    Average score for men: 6.6 out of 10
    Average score for women: 6.6 out of 10

If you scored 4 - 6: Your result suggests you have a balanced female-male brain and find it neither easy nor difficult to judge people's emotions.

Fingers

Right Hand: 0.98
    Left Hand: 0.98

Average ratio for men: 0.982
    Average ratio for women: 0.991

Faces

Your choices suggest you prefer more feminine faces. <-- No surprise there. I've always liked guys with delicate features.

3D shapes

Your score: 11 out of 12
    Average score for men: 8.2 out of 12
    Average score for women: 7.1 out of 12

If you scored 10 - 12: Are you an engineer or do you have a science background? People with these skills tend to score in this range. Past studies have concluded that people in this range have a more male brain.

Words

Your score: you associated 6 word(s) with grey and you named 12 word(s) that mean happy. We are assuming that all the words you entered are correct.

Average score for men: 11.4 words total
    Average score for women: 12.4 words total

If you produced 6 - 10 words: Most people in this range have a female-type brain.

Ultimatum

If you had to split &#163;50 with someone, you said you would demand &#163;25 <-- I knew the ultimatum game already, so don't put too much stock in that answer.

So far on the Sex ID test, men have demanded 51.6% (&#163;25.80) of the pot and women have demanded 51.0% (&#163;25.50), on average.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Personal brain score: 50 (average male)
    Sure, whatever.

Angles: 18/20
    Wasn't watching the timer, and let it expire on one (D'oh!).

Spot the difference: 29%
    Expected to suck on this one, results didn't disappoint.

Hands
    Left thumb on top. Doing it the other way feels very wrong to me, so I'm decidedly left-on-top. Supposedly means I'm right-brained, which is interesting since I'm decidedly right-handed (my left hand is barely coordinated enough to wave).

Empathising
    5/20

Systemizing
    13/20

Eyes
    5/10
    On about half of these (likely the same ones I got wrong), I didn't feel that any of the four options looked correct, so I went with the least incorrect one.

Fingers
    Right Hand: 0.94
    Left Hand: 0.96
    Apparently, I'm a testosterone-charged freak. Interesting, since I just tested positive for low testosterone levels in a blood test, which could (at least partly) explain why I feel so rundown and tired all the time. Consult with endocrinologist pending.

Faces
    Prefer more feminine.
    Would be interesting if they gave you some kind of numeric metric on this, instead of just an either/or result.

3D shapes
    11/12
    I develop 3D applications for a living, so I'd be in bad shape if I scored low on this.

Words
    9 Words total (2 for gray and 7 for happy).
    SPOILER WARNING!
    I don't think the first part of this test measured anything having to do with verbal fluency. According to the instructions, you're supposed to list things that are always or usually gray. And they have to be single words (e.g., "elderly people's hair" isn't a word). The challenge isn't expressing these things, or your use of the word "gray", but rather it's coming up with things that are the color gray.

Jennifer, how the hell did you come up with (in 60 seconds) 26 things that are always or usually gray? I get as far as concrete and elephants, and that's about it.
    END SPOILER

Ultimatum
    $25 out of $50.
    This has less to do with any particular strategy on my part, and more to do with my general distrust of most people's objective rationality. If I were on the other side, I would take $1 if it was offered. I would have nothing to gain by making them lose their $49, and a dollar to lose by doing so. But too many people I know don't think that way, so I'd play it safe and go 50/50 (since the majority of people would accept that as "fair").
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Jennifer, how the hell did you come up with (in 60 seconds) 26 things that are always or usually gray? I get as far as concrete and elephants, and that's about it.
    Oh. I included things and moods and whatever else in my mind that were connected with gray. So I think I had much more "flex" -- I never stopped typing, it was like hosing down a muddy dog.

(Ironically, elephant and concrete were not on my list! *scribbles them down*)

I'm shocked about your results otherwise. I always thought you to be a "happy" person. What happened to you?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    I took this test already...scored as average male.
    Me too.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh. I included things and moods and whatever else in my mind that were connected with gray. So I think I had much more "flex" -- I never stopped typing, it was like hosing down a muddy dog.
    Ah, okay. That was probably the intent of the test's designers. I took the instructions too literally and rigidly (too much T, not enough N ). Love the muddy dog metaphor, btw.
    I'm shocked about your results otherwise. I always thought you to be a "happy" person. What happened to you?
    Really? I wouldn't consider myself a "happy" person, just more of a "generally not unhappy" one. Though, admittedly, that second clause hasn't been entirely true lately. Maybe this merits a blog post.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    ISTP

Ah, okay. That was probably the intent of the test's designers. I took the instructions too literally and rigidly (too much T, not enough N ). Love the muddy dog metaphor, btw.
    You people make me question my Sness.

My grey words were along the lines of "Mood, morality, weather, newfoundland, fog"...

I could have had 70 if I'd just started naming grey items

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Really? I wouldn't consider myself a "happy" person, just more of a "generally not unhappy" one. ...
    HA!

"There goes Martoon, that generally not unhappy sorta guy!"

Too bad that won't fit as a usertitle.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    My little brain was firing at all cylinders -- even "Gandalf" appeared in my list.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I could hardly think of any grey items. I had cells, elephant, dolphin, weather, area and apparently one more I don't remember now. Thinking of synonyms for happy was much easier.

On a note that's related in my head in some way I cannot crystallize, I know I would have done even worse than I did on Spot the difference if I hadn't learned the mnemonic trick of making up stories about items in order to remember their interrelation.