123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default Brainworks.exe - Left/Right & Visual/Auditory Quiz

I have been interested recently with the correspondences between one's MBTI type and one's hemispheric dominance and/or learning style.

I was shown the Brainworks Quiz many years ago, but I am currently redrawn do it due to its brevity, relatively covert questioning, percentage-based results, simultaneous reporting of visual/auditory and right/left preferences, and intriguing post-analysis.

The download is small (1.1MB at Brain Works - A Free Download) and easy to complete (20 questions in ~5 minutes).

My hope is to get as many people of as many different types as possible to complete the test and report their results for everyone's benefit.

-------------------------------------------------------

My Results:
    ENTP
    63.5% Right
    80% Visual

Interesting test. Thanks.

60.9% left
    69.2% Aud

MBTI
    I

Good test, worth downloading.

Left Brain: 66.7 %
    Right Brain: 33.3 %

Auditory: 58.8 %
    Visual: 41.2 %

TCO, your results indicate a strong left-hemisphere dominance with a mild preference for auditory processing. This blend would suggest that you are an extremely efficient person, logical perhaps to an extreme. You tend to structure your life and learning in very precise ways.

You benefit from experience, seek the rational in situations and feel most comfortable with routine.

You are a detail person. You seek each piece of a puzzle or situation with equal clarity and value, and thrive on your ability to fit each piece into a unifying structure.

Your learning style tends toward the auditory, which suggests that your process inputs sequentially and classify each before moving on to the next. You do, however, possess sufficient visualization skills and interest to supplement the auditory tendency and render you more active than a person who is purely auditory.

In all likelihood you will be somewhat reserved in appreciating your own talents and underestimate your abilities even to yourself. You will organize your time and set schedules for yourself and, in that sense, lose sight of spontaneity and other needs - both of yourself and others. Your enviable organization, structure, and efficiency make you a valuable asset to a team effort.
    Couldn't have been more ISTJ.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Who downloads exe files from a member with only 2 posts so far is not german !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Your brain really does need some work if you download an unknown executable from an unknown URL posted anonymously to a forum.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

63.6% Left Brained
    66.7% Visual

Deadly accurate results as well, but I'm not a very organized person at all. Cool test.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I came up with a complete balance, which, according to the test, is rare. The lack of any dominance for me was not really a surprise because I am ambidextrous and have no dominant side, so the test was probably fairly accurate.

The scores were: auditory: 46.2
    visual: 53.8
    left brain: 50 percent
    right brain: 50 percent
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Left Brain: 61.9 %
    Right Brain: 38.1%

Auditory: 53.3 %
    Visual: 46.7 %

Something about really liking structure and organization, being highly perceptive, and balanced in audio and visual.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

This was an awesome test.

I also enjoyed its "brevity, relatively covert questioning, percentage-based results, simultaneous reporting of visual/auditory and right/left preferences, and intriguing post-analysis."

My results were very interesting:

46% auditory
    53.3% visual

50% right
    50% left

Wonkavision, you are one of those rare individuals who are perfectly "balanced" in both your hemispheric tendencies and your sensory learning preferences. However, there is both good news and bad news.

A problem with hemispheric balance is that you will tend to feel more conflict than someone who has a clearly established dominance. At times the conflict will be between what you feel and what you think but will also involve how you attack problems and how you perceive information. Details which will seem important to the right hemisphere will be discounted by the left and vice versa, which can present a hindrance to learning efficiently.

In the same vein, you may have a problem with organization. You might organize your time and/or space only to feel the need to reorganize five to ten weeks later.

On the positive side, you bring resources to problem-solving that others may not have. You can perceive the "big picture" and the essential details simultaneously and maintain the cognitive perspective required. You possess sufficient verbal skills to translate your intuition into a form which can be understood by others while still being able to access ideas and concepts which do not lend themselves to language.

Your balanced nature might lead you to second-guess yourself in artistic endeavors, losing some of the fluidity, spontaneity, and creativity that otherwise would be yours.

With your balanced sensory styles, you process data alternately, at times visually and other times auditorially. This usage of separate memories may cause you to require more time to integrate information or re-access it. When presented with situations which force purely visual or purely auditory learning, increased anxiety is likely and your learning efficiency will decrease.

Your greatest benefit is that you can succeed in multiple fields due to the great plasticity and flexibility you possess.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Our results were almost identical.
    How do you like being a rare balanced brain person?
    I haven't decided. I'm still weighing it on both sides of my rare balanced brain...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    This was an awesome test.

I also enjoyed its "brevity, relatively covert questioning, percentage-based results, simultaneous reporting of visual/auditory and right/left preferences, and intriguing post-analysis."

My results were very interesting:

46% auditory
    53.3% visual

50% right
    50% left
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.