• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Brainworks.exe - Left/Right & Visual/Auditory Quiz

blizzy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I have been interested recently with the correspondences between one's MBTI type and one's hemispheric dominance and/or learning style.

I was shown the Brainworks Quiz many years ago, but I am currently redrawn do it due to its brevity, relatively covert questioning, percentage-based results, simultaneous reporting of visual/auditory and right/left preferences, and intriguing post-analysis.

The download is small (1.1MB at Brain Works - A Free Download) and easy to complete (20 questions in ~5 minutes).

My hope is to get as many people of as many different types as possible to complete the test and report their results for everyone's benefit.

-------------------------------------------------------

My Results:
ENTP
63.5% Right
80% Visual

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Good test, worth downloading.

Left Brain: 66.7 %
Right Brain: 33.3 %

Auditory: 58.8 %
Visual: 41.2 %

TCO, your results indicate a strong left-hemisphere dominance with a mild preference for auditory processing. This blend would suggest that you are an extremely efficient person, logical perhaps to an extreme. You tend to structure your life and learning in very precise ways.

You benefit from experience, seek the rational in situations and feel most comfortable with routine.

You are a detail person. You seek each piece of a puzzle or situation with equal clarity and value, and thrive on your ability to fit each piece into a unifying structure.

Your learning style tends toward the auditory, which suggests that your process inputs sequentially and classify each before moving on to the next. You do, however, possess sufficient visualization skills and interest to supplement the auditory tendency and render you more active than a person who is purely auditory.

In all likelihood you will be somewhat reserved in appreciating your own talents and underestimate your abilities even to yourself. You will organize your time and set schedules for yourself and, in that sense, lose sight of spontaneity and other needs - both of yourself and others. Your enviable organization, structure, and efficiency make you a valuable asset to a team effort.

Couldn't have been more ISTJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Who downloads exe files from a member with only 2 posts so far is not german !

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Your brain really does need some work if you download an unknown executable from an unknown URL posted anonymously to a forum.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
63.6% Left Brained
66.7% Visual

Deadly accurate results as well, but I'm not a very organized person at all. Cool test.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I came up with a complete balance, which, according to the test, is rare. The lack of any dominance for me was not really a surprise because I am ambidextrous and have no dominant side, so the test was probably fairly accurate.

The scores were: auditory: 46.2
visual: 53.8
left brain: 50 percent
right brain: 50 percent

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Left Brain: 61.9 %
Right Brain: 38.1%

Auditory: 53.3 %
Visual: 46.7 %

Something about really liking structure and organization:huh:, being highly perceptive, and balanced in audio and visual.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
This was an awesome test.

I also enjoyed its "brevity, relatively covert questioning, percentage-based results, simultaneous reporting of visual/auditory and right/left preferences, and intriguing post-analysis."

My results were very interesting:

46% auditory
53.3% visual

50% right
50% left

Wonkavision, you are one of those rare individuals who are perfectly "balanced" in both your hemispheric tendencies and your sensory learning preferences. However, there is both good news and bad news.

A problem with hemispheric balance is that you will tend to feel more conflict than someone who has a clearly established dominance. At times the conflict will be between what you feel and what you think but will also involve how you attack problems and how you perceive information. Details which will seem important to the right hemisphere will be discounted by the left and vice versa, which can present a hindrance to learning efficiently.

In the same vein, you may have a problem with organization. You might organize your time and/or space only to feel the need to reorganize five to ten weeks later.

On the positive side, you bring resources to problem-solving that others may not have. You can perceive the "big picture" and the essential details simultaneously and maintain the cognitive perspective required. You possess sufficient verbal skills to translate your intuition into a form which can be understood by others while still being able to access ideas and concepts which do not lend themselves to language.

Your balanced nature might lead you to second-guess yourself in artistic endeavors, losing some of the fluidity, spontaneity, and creativity that otherwise would be yours.

With your balanced sensory styles, you process data alternately, at times visually and other times auditorially. This usage of separate memories may cause you to require more time to integrate information or re-access it. When presented with situations which force purely visual or purely auditory learning, increased anxiety is likely and your learning efficiency will decrease.

Your greatest benefit is that you can succeed in multiple fields due to the great plasticity and flexibility you possess.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Our results were almost identical.
How do you like being a rare balanced brain person?
I haven't decided. I'm still weighing it on both sides of my rare balanced brain...

This was an awesome test.

I also enjoyed its "brevity, relatively covert questioning, percentage-based results, simultaneous reporting of visual/auditory and right/left preferences, and intriguing post-analysis."

My results were very interesting:

46% auditory
53.3% visual

50% right
50% left

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
bookmarked for later

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
56.3% visual
65.2% right

INFJ

I didn't much care for the profile I got. It described me as someone who is random and chaotic, which is basically the opposite of the truth . . . at least in my dealings with the outer world.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
52.4% left brain
47.6% right brain

62.5% visual
37.5% auditory

Paperoceans, you exhibit balanced hemispheric dominance and a strong visual preference. It is the intensity of your sensory preference which may more determine your learning style.

The balance of left- and right-hemisphere usage is very helpful to a highly visual learner. You absorb your environment, selecting out details and simultaneously embedding them in a context, an overall perspective which adds nuances of meaning. Given the prodigious rate that you input information, you naturally utilize the services of both hemispheres more or less equally.

You are active and searching, which produces energy. Because you can process multiple inputs comfortably, you do not experience the indecision of a person with mixed sensory preference. You are able to focus on more than one aspect of a situation and push for resolution.

You can tolerate ambiguity, which is good, since you will experience a lot of it due to your input style. While a part of you will always seek completion, the other part will accept process as it is. You may occasionally get impatient with yourself. You will always be able to work through problems in a logical sequence or given order, but you will have other options available to you as well.

You may find that you have insufficient time to reflect on your experiences and thus lose a sense of meaning, not appreciating your "inner being" as much as you might otherwise.

Many people would envy your combination of characteristics. Constantly seeking stimulation, you are artistic without needing to be "odd". An active learner and yet reasonably logical and disciplined

That basically reads INTJ to me.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Our results were almost identical.
How do you like being a rare balanced brain person?
I haven't decided. I'm still weighing it on both sides of my rare balanced brain...

lol :D

yeah, i'm undecided too.

at this point, all i can say is that it's very interesting. :)

Eye 'n' Teepee

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's too hard to choose between certain options, so I can't really get a consistent result...

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Left Brain: 71.4%
Right Brain: 28.6%

Visual: 53.8%
Auditory: 46.2%

Lethe, you are strongly left-hemisphere dominant, with a balanced preference for auditory and visual inputs, a productive combination of traits.

The preeminence of your left hemisphere implies that you are organized, structured, and self-monitoring. You always start analyzing situations and problems by looking at details and then attempt to categorize those details in a very systematic way. You persevere on a theme.

Because of your balance between auditory and visual approaches, you can organize details into a pattern or you can arrange them sequentially so that you have at hand at least two alternatives which dimensionalize your organization and thoroughness.

There is no question that you enjoy a sense of control and feel that planning is important. Everything must be definite since improvisation is less easy for you. You can be reflective at times and active at others, focus on the visual aspects at some times and on the auditory qualities at others. You have the capacity to simultaneously process a great deal of information and then your tendency is to organize and categorize it as the most convenient mode of accessing it again in the future.

Your balance of sensory preferences tends to make you more perceptive than most, and your ability to organize information adds to your productive processing capabilities.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
left brain - 41.7%
right brain - 58.3 %
auditory - 46.2%
visual - 53.8%

Forgot to copy the profile but it basically said I was an INFP.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Balanced brain hemisphere (I'm ambidextrous), auditory learner.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
Right 60.9
Aud 58.3

and then afterwards the test called me an oddbal :shock:

thx for posting

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
57.1% Left
42.9% Right
57.1% Visual
42.9% Audio

It's too hard to choose between certain options, so I can't really get a consistent result...

I kind of agree.

It says that I experience some conflict with my similar Left/Visual percentages. I'll take it as an excuse! 8D