• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test my prototype (and give feedback!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Wow. I like these function descriptions MUCH better than the ones you had in there previously. Like Se - "responding to raw data" rather than "getting in-sync" with the world. The latter seems like I should somehow become 'one' with the world, rather than just perceiving the world for what it is.

Hmmm... the function descriptions are always pretty much the same, but I don't think that somebody using a function in the auxillary position would see that function in the same way as somebody using it in the inferior position. What if the descriptions in the first question were more negative, perhaps, and the ones in the second question more positive?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You haven't done my dartboard idea yet, have you?

It's not impossible to see that your "bizarre, crazy" behavior isn't entirely your norm.

However, given my experience with your thought process, I'm highly inclined to go with ENFP. Pitiful Si fits well for an Ne-dom. Of the two Ji functions, I haven't seen much Ti in you. (your T is obviously, in my opinion, extroverted. External organization, etc.) Since Ne appears to be one of your top functions (making you a P), F is the most appropriate fit. Ergo, ENFP.

Indeed. My Te is so strong that I'm willing to go out there on a limb and say it HAS to be at least an aux, maybe not SO strong that it's a dominant function. So wait, that means my dom has to be either Si (which it TOTALLY isn't - my Si is down the tubes) or Ni (which I do not really know because I do not fully know how it manifests). My husband thought my Ni would be stronger than I thought it was, mostly because I just do these things without being consciously aware. Then again, I really can't see myself being INTJ...

However, if you know how MUCH Te dominates my thought process and organizes my life, you would laugh. I mean really. I can give you examples. In addition, it seems interesting to see that Fi and Fe started really getting powerful in my mid 20s. Would that happen in a woman whose primary or secondary trait is F? Not so sure.

Wait, dartboard idea? I missed that...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whoa...just took the latest version of your test and got ESFJ!!! :huh: WTF???

Then I chose the other response I felt most comfortable with and got INFJ. I've gotten INFJ either first or second for every form of this test you've constructed.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just took the latest version - last time I took the initial version on the first page of this thread....

At first, I did not know what you meant by 'respond to raw data'. I thought you meant analyze figures and information, which I can do well. After reading the thread, I found out you meant "respond to the things around you - e.g. notice them and act," which is DEFINITELY my biggest weakness, followed closely by 'remembering past experiences.'

If I choose my biggest weakness, "respond to raw data," and my natural propensity to control things, I get INTJ.

If I choose my second-biggest weakness, "remembering the past" and then "subjecting things to analysis", I get ENTP.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
I got INFP on the most recent one, which is not far off, considering my relatively weak "T" preference. I might understand what you're doing with this prototype. You determine the inferior function, which, in turn, determines the dominant function. This could help reduce confirmation bias in people who are familiar with the MBTI... unless people read this.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJ

I often find it hard to..."...respond to raw data."
I like..."...establishing rapport with others."

The first option was very hard to pick because I don't have any particular trouble doing any of those things.

The second option was a very tough decision. I quite enjoy both ;)

To get ENTP, I would have had to say that I have trouble recalling past experiences. I don't, as far as I can tell.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ

* Core Need: To follow formless, implaceable perspectives and transformations.
* Core Contention: To react instinctively moment to moment.

* Strategy for Growth: To establish rapport with others and take care of their needs.
* Ego Defense: To identify and understand underlying mechanics.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
INFP.

Vagrant, have you considered doing more than the simple two question approach, allowing for "double-checking" of a person's type, in which seemingly conflicting preferences result in an X preference? Combine all of your prototypes, if you will.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got INTJ. Not far from the truth. Despite extroversion vs. introversion is the thing I have read about the most, it's still a mystery. I'm a bit of both.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ AGAIN.

Maybe I'm an INFJ? According to your prototypes this has been my most common result.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP.

Vagrant, have you considered doing more than the simple two question approach, allowing for "double-checking" of a person's type, in which seemingly conflicting preferences result in an X preference? Combine all of your prototypes, if you will.

I think this is an excellent suggestion. :yes:

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Wow! Bingo, correct on the first try.

Had trouble deciding between two on the first question:
"...a common, meaningless, "physical" perspective."
"...seperating my options as an individual from the emotional needs of others."

But decided on the second answer. Like Cenomite, I don't feel like I have a problem with this. However other people's needs likely do affect my decisions the most of any of these.

Type description doesn't make alot of sense to me though.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Pffft. Now I'm an ENTJ.

Oh, I picked the option about irrational values first, then the one about shifting perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.