• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test my prototype (and give feedback!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowPage

Is it odd that I didn't really find the idea of any of the eight options disorienting at all? Because of that, I decided to go with what I thought I did the least of all of them (maybe I unconsciously avoid it or something). That was: "...focus on mysterious, implaceable symbols."

I liked answering in terms of 'what I like' for the second question, so I found some humor in choosing "...recognise things that sync with what I value, want, or believe in."

In short, ESFP (pretty close, I'd say!)
:D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Okay, I thought about this more and "...treat things objectively and ensure outward efficiency." doesn't disorient me. I just think "ensuring efficiency" is a boring chore and a pain in the butt.

Second attempt:

I become disorientated when I try to...
"...compare the current situation to past experiences."

"I like to...
"...emotionally detach and analyze a situation that way."

ENTP

My first impulse was to choose "...focus on mysterious, implaceable symbols." but honestly "...compare the current situation to past experiences." is much more likely to make me uncomfortable.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Hey! Finally got ISTJ! First one of your tests that hasn't given me INTP!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1) I avoid .. "...focusing on what I value."

2) I like "...approaching things from multiple perspectives."

ENTJ

It felt weird to realize that the sentence #1 matched me the best. I wondered what it means, and why I don't feel like having the ill effects of it. To me, focusing on "what I value" is almost like having my eye turned inward and looking at the back of my skull. I mean..

I decide what I value, asking me to focus on what I value is like asking me to do what I do. I don't have particular values, as in, I wouldn't trade an amount of X for an amount of Y. There's a set of likes and dislikes, though. Values, too. Yeah there are some. It's hard to pick one though. I feel like I'm a boy in a candy shop, ready to choose whatever and go for it. Ooh now my head is starting to hurt from thinking all those values :D

Comparing truth & honesty & power & frienship & knowledge & capability & freedom & money & commitment etc as abstractions, just makes my head hurt. Could give a lecture of any one of those, but I think they're all related to producing something "good" when used well, but good for what? Another dead end.

Hence, very good option - you got me to pick it! No idea how this pertains to other ENTJ.

Jaguar

I avoid .. "...focusing on what I value."

I like "...approaching things from multiple perspectives."

ENTJ

You avoid focusing on what you value? And that answer gave you ENTJ?
Now that is one seriously crazy test.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I could go either way on these two combinations, it's pretty much equal for me. There are very very few exceptions in which I would go against the avoidant statements.

"I avoid relinquishing control to my senses. I like taking care of other people." INFJ
"I avoid taking control of things. I like entertaining possibilities." INFP

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
The first one I scored ENTJ, after this update I scored INTJ.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hmm, I got INFP. I would never choose "...comparing the current situation to past experiences." and get ENFP.

I chose:
dislike "...taking control of things."
and
like "...entertaining possibilities."

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ

Best fit was:

Avoid-relinquishing control to my senses
Enjoy-taking care of other people

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
My answers for this one, which seems to be another update:
I avoid ...taking control of things
I don't need control. It's too much responsibility. I don't want or need to be in charge. So that's a good choice for something that I avoid.
I like .relinquishing control to my senses...
OK. Just like last time... this is what I said: I like to relinquish control of myself to my senses. Smell. Taste. Color. Texture. Yes. That sounds good. That feels good. Like music... art... it's life and joy and the senses are everything...
Once again, I got isfp.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Jaguar

"I often find it hard to..."

It's not "hard" to do any of them.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scored ISFP. Good update, and I like the short description.

I have a lot of memories of failing to be able to take control in a situation. :doh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it hard to recall past experiences (REALLY HARD)

I like subjecting things to analysis. (EVERYONE says I over-analyze everything).

Result: ENTP.

Hmm, interesting. Never considered that possibility. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.