• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test my prototype (and give feedback!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ENTJ. Stamp of approval!

Good work on revisions, Vagrant. The diligence is impressive.

redacted

Got INFJ first, then INTP.

I liked version six more.

I don't like how the second question determines the perceiving function -- I think picking from the four introverted functions makes more sense. And the descriptions of those perceiving functions are kinda messed up honestly.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't get the second question. I mean I get where it's getting at kind of...but the answers don't seem to be the solutions to the same scenario. I don't get the "Unfair" answer. Like some of the the answers on "2." are internal monologue and others hint at the actual action. What is the course of action of answer 3 vs answer 1?

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Ruthie, did you miss the setup for question 2? It's vital to how you answer the question: "When I'm lacking confidence, I tend to withdraw from the world by thinking..."

If you choose to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling confident, then you are SJ. This means using 'reliable concepts' is your utterly normal and healthy way of functioning.

Choosing to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling somewhat unconfident means that you're using it to protect and justify yourself. It's a shield, not a high-functioning tool.

According to Lenore Thomson (a type theorist), we often use our tertiary function as a justification for an ineffective course of action (or inaction). Si is the tertiary of an INxP... hence use of Si under stress/challenge is a sign that a person is an INxP.

Does the test make more sense now?

(BTW, Lenore argues that the healthy thing to do in these situations is for the INxP to try a bit of secondary Ne at this stage, to get out of the bunker they've built out of Ti/Fi-Si.)

Please note that the IxTJ's tertiary barrier is Fi. So an unconfident IxTJ falls into the trap where instead of getting out there and organising a path to deal with the world (secondary Te), they stay in the same place, saying that it's not true to their nature or it's against their values to do anything about whatever's bothering them (tertiary Fi).

You can read more about it here:
Tertiary Temptation

Thanks. I still stand by my original answer about my response to feeling under-confident, and I stand by the belief that I am NOT INTP. I don't know if the problem is testing for the tertiary or something as simple as the wording of the responses (like BlackCat mentioned, some of them are pretty tough to relate to), but I've gotten INTP on every one of these so far.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I tried it again, and I'm still getting infj.
No, really, I'm sure that I am not infj.
:D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
First question - probably better to say something like "when you were a child and sent to your room by yourself, was it A. torturous and boring, or B. a nice opportunity to calm down?"

The second questions conflate intuition and feeling too much. NeTi "feels" very much like a gut reaction.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ

Qualifier: WHEN I WAS YOUNG

What would INTJMom say? :shock:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP. We have a winner.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For this one I got INFJ, but I could almost pick the ENTP option. INTJ and ENFP aren't too far off, either.

wolfy

awsm
ISFP. This is the best one so far.

Where did you pull "...relying on specific, internal symbols to predict, enlighten, or transform myself and others." /
"...getting in synch physically with whatever is happening, making me aware of the world in rich detail." from?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Update #8: INTP, but I had a hard time choosing. I took it again and got INFP. The first options were weird, and I didn't fully relate to any of them. The Si part of the the Ne-aux tertiary Si description threw me a little.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got ESTJ. The thing about "reliving the experience" - exactly right. Very, very good job.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
On update #8 I got ENFP. 2nd time I got ENTP.

Couldn't really relate to the Si answer completely.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I tried #8 three times and got:
ESFJ, ENFJ, and ISTP.
It's too late to analyze this.

Status
Not open for further replies.