• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test my prototype (and give feedback!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I got INTP on the first attempt with this one.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
INTP... I think you need one more question. It seems like people have a hard time deciding between 2 options.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I still get INTP. :yes:

INTJ and INTP depending on the second option I choose. Still an INFJ though.

The option "I tend to live a life based on empathy and what I feel is important" is not really accurate for me and I presume this is what I have to choose to get an INF result. I was much more "I want things to make sense..." but then the following options weren't really suitable for me. INTJ is close for me though.

The "I tend to live a life based on empathy..." option is, I assume, supposed to signal Fi, so it's FPs that are supposed to pick this one at some point. So if you're an INFJ, then the Ni option is supposed to be most appealing to you ("I automatically dismiss expected interpretations...") and then the next choice is supposed to distinguish between auxiliary Fe and auxiliary Te.

So, if you got INTJ and you consider yourself an INFJ, then you selected the first and second options as expected, but then in the third choice an INFJ would have been expected to prefer the statement about being a good friend (Fe) over the one about getting things organized (Te).

B

brainheart

INFP, and I didn't find myself deliberating over how to answer at all.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Some observations so far:

NTPs are indeed being typed correctly (or at least as the type they believe themselves to be) more often than not, as teslashock said. Those with Ne dom or aux (NPs) also seem to select the Ne statement when it's an option. So, the Ti and Ne statements seem to be getting responses from strong Ti and Ne users. A couple of self-typed INTPs did prefer the Ni statement initially though.

Fi-doms don't always seem to be resonating with the "life based on empathy..." statement. I count six self-professed Fi-dom posters in this thread and three selected that statement. Two preferred the Ti "I want things to make sense..." statement and one preferred the Ni statement.

So far, Ni-doms have selected the Ni option half the time and the Ti option the other half.

There has only been one SJ poster in this thread (TheChosenOne), so it's hard to say if the Si statement ("People can trust and count on me...") rings most true for them. TheChosenOne's ISTP result means the Ti statement was selected over the Si one.

And, interestingly, the only people who seemed a problem with the introvert/extravert question were ISFPs (wolfy and Walking Tourist). I suppose SPs tend to like to engage themselves in a busy, active environment regardless of I/E. Might it be better to mention engaging with many people, specifically?

Perhaps those of you who aren't getting your type can suggest a statement that accurately captures your dominant function(s) for you. What does Fi, Ni, etc. mean to those of you who use it most?

VagrantFarce

updated!

(thanks to all of you for actually taking the time to do this, some of you have taken the test a lot :) )

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still not feeling any real preference between INFJ, INFP, and INTP. I could even almost score ISFJ, since I do value stability and avoid irrelevant situations.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Test #6.

Couple suggestions. On Q 1. I didn't get restless with my own thoughts as a kid, but I did all kinds of things to search out social situations with lots of people. I really like the way you turn this question to childhood, because it's more accurate.

Q2. Better.. Although I still agree with both 1 and 2. While I am an NF, my primary motive isn't helping people, I just subconsciously calculate that into all my decisions, and derive alot of enjoyment helping people. A true connection with people is important to me.

WHEEEE!!! FINALLY! ENFJ. :happy: :happy0065:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not so much indecisiveness as the fact that it would be an artificial and even deceptive choice. It's like being asked whether orange is yellow or red. It's both, and in equal measure.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ESTJ this time.

There has only been one SJ poster in this thread (TheChosenOne), so it's hard to say if the Si statement ("People can trust and count on me...") rings most true for them. TheChosenOne's ISTP result means the Ti statement was selected over the Si one.

Yeah, I have well developed Ti but definitely not greater than my Si.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if a better way to write the test would be to have the person choose between N, S, T, and F; then choose from Xi and Xe; and finally decide on their auxiliary. Right now the test starts by asking whether you're focused inward or outward, but extraversion and introversion aren't processes; they're just the directions in which a process can orient itself. By focusing on them, you ask a question that strays from the core issue.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
It seems that the more this is updated, the closer I get to testing as an INTP.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
ENFJ. The E/I is a toss up. Neither statement speaks to me. I don't feel uncomfortable in introspection, quite the opposite. I also don't feel uncomfortable in a mess of external stimulation. Both feel fine to me.

As far as the J, I suppose I got that because I selected a statement which included the word "responsible", but being a P doesn't make one irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.