User Tag List

First 233132333435 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

Wow. I like these function descriptions MUCH better than the ones you had in there previously. Like Se - "responding to raw data" rather than "getting in-sync" with the world. The latter seems like I should somehow become 'one' with the world, rather than just perceiving the world for what it is.

Hmmm... the function descriptions are always pretty much the same, but I don't think that somebody using a function in the auxillary position would see that function in the same way as somebody using it in the inferior position. What if the descriptions in the first question were more negative, perhaps, and the ones in the second question more positive?
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    You haven't done my dartboard idea yet, have you?

It's not impossible to see that your "bizarre, crazy" behavior isn't entirely your norm.

However, given my experience with your thought process, I'm highly inclined to go with ENFP. Pitiful Si fits well for an Ne-dom. Of the two Ji functions, I haven't seen much Ti in you. (your T is obviously, in my opinion, extroverted. External organization, etc.) Since Ne appears to be one of your top functions (making you a P), F is the most appropriate fit. Ergo, ENFP.
    Indeed. My Te is so strong that I'm willing to go out there on a limb and say it HAS to be at least an aux, maybe not SO strong that it's a dominant function. So wait, that means my dom has to be either Si (which it TOTALLY isn't - my Si is down the tubes) or Ni (which I do not really know because I do not fully know how it manifests). My husband thought my Ni would be stronger than I thought it was, mostly because I just do these things without being consciously aware. Then again, I really can't see myself being INTJ...

However, if you know how MUCH Te dominates my thought process and organizes my life, you would laugh. I mean really. I can give you examples. In addition, it seems interesting to see that Fi and Fe started really getting powerful in my mid 20s. Would that happen in a woman whose primary or secondary trait is F? Not so sure.

Wait, dartboard idea? I missed that...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Whoa...just took the latest version of your test and got ESFJ!!! WTF???

Then I chose the other response I felt most comfortable with and got INFJ. I've gotten INFJ either first or second for every form of this test you've constructed.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I just took the latest version - last time I took the initial version on the first page of this thread....

At first, I did not know what you meant by 'respond to raw data'. I thought you meant analyze figures and information, which I can do well. After reading the thread, I found out you meant "respond to the things around you - e.g. notice them and act," which is DEFINITELY my biggest weakness, followed closely by 'remembering past experiences.'

If I choose my biggest weakness, "respond to raw data," and my natural propensity to control things, I get INTJ.

If I choose my second-biggest weakness, "remembering the past" and then "subjecting things to analysis", I get ENTP.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

I got INFP on the most recent one, which is not far off, considering my relatively weak "T" preference. I might understand what you're doing with this prototype. You determine the inferior function, which, in turn, determines the dominant function. This could help reduce confirmation bias in people who are familiar with the MBTI... unless people read this.

MBTI
    ENTP

INFJ

I often find it hard to..."...respond to raw data."
    I like..."...establishing rapport with others."

The first option was very hard to pick because I don't have any particular trouble doing any of those things.

The second option was a very tough decision. I quite enjoy both

To get ENTP, I would have had to say that I have trouble recalling past experiences. I don't, as far as I can tell.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

updated again

MBTI Prototype
    Hello

Start over.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

INFJ

* Core Need: To follow formless, implaceable perspectives and transformations.
    * Core Contention: To react instinctively moment to moment.

* Strategy for Growth: To establish rapport with others and take care of their needs.
    * Ego Defense: To identify and understand underlying mechanics.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    xxxx

INFP.

Vagrant, have you considered doing more than the simple two question approach, allowing for "double-checking" of a person's type, in which seemingly conflicting preferences result in an X preference? Combine all of your prototypes, if you will.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?