First 223031323334 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Newsflash: This forum is not real life.
    It's NOT?!?!
    Hello

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Oh I'd love to - I have been puzzling and analyzing and debating the subject for a while now to try to boil down to the truth.

To be honest, I have considered the possibility that I am I - especially since I tested I for the first 26 years of my life (and I am only 29).

I would say I'm ISTJ, but my Si is really a terrible weakness....Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you....

One problem is that people only observe me on here or in Vent, and I usually 'rejuvenate' myself by acting silly, bizarre, and crazy, which makes most people think I couldn't be anything else other than an NFP...

Although I can understand that, I'm not entirely convinced...

In essence, I am wondering if my type dramatically changed or if it just fleshed itself out more and became more balanced. Perhaps I am starting to develop other functions at the moment, which is making me APPEAR to be ???? when I am really ----.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated to get to the bottom of this matter. Thanks.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Oh I'd love to - I have been puzzling and analyzing and debating the subject for a while now to try to boil down to the truth.

To be honest, I have considered the possibility that I am I - especially since I tested I for the first 26 years of my life (and I am only 29).

I would say I'm ISTJ, but my Si is really a terrible weakness....Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you....

One problem is that people only observe me on here or in Vent, and I usually 'rejuvenate' myself by acting silly, bizarre, and crazy, which makes most people think I couldn't be anything else other than an NFP...

Although I can understand that, I'm not entirely convinced...

In essence, I am wondering if my type dramatically changed or if it just fleshed itself out more and became more balanced. Perhaps I am starting to develop other functions at the moment, which is making me APPEAR to be ???? when I am really ----.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated to get to the bottom of this matter. Thanks.
    You haven't done my dartboard idea yet, have you?

It's not impossible to see that your "bizarre, crazy" behavior isn't entirely your norm.

However, given my experience with your thought process, I'm highly inclined to go with ENFP. Pitiful Si fits well for an Ne-dom. Of the two Ji functions, I haven't seen much Ti in you. (your T is obviously, in my opinion, extroverted. External organization, etc.) Since Ne appears to be one of your top functions (making you a P), F is the most appropriate fit. Ergo, ENFP.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

There's a new update by the way, for anyone who hasn't noticied because of our little de-rail.
    Hello

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I couldn't decide between it's hard to take control or it's hard to analyze things. So... if it's hard to analyze things, I would go with recalling past experiences, especially fun ones that involved food, music, friends, or beautiful scenery. That would make me an ESFJ.
    But if I go with it's hard to take control, which it is because I don't really feel much of a need to be in control, then the second one was much more difficult to choose between. If I prefer the raw data, which is always very likeable, then I'm an ISFP. If I want to entertain new and unusual possibilities, which is a good thing because the same old thing over and over again is boring, then I'm an INFP.
    Well... ESFJ, ISFP, INFP... who knows... I am three people???
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    xxxx

New prototype gives me INFP with ISFP as a close second. I avoid "taking control" based on my philosophy of "all things come when not forced." Taking control has a fairly aggressive tone. Aggressive isn't my style.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

INTJ

* Core Need: To follow mysterious preconceptions and transformations.
    * Core Contention: To be physically in-sync with the world.

* Strategy for Growth: To be efficient, keep things organised and achieve measureable results.
    * Ego Defense: To live in accordance with what is considered personally important.

What is your source for what you are claiming is true of an INTJ?

Who says that's the core need?
    Who says that's the core contention?
    Who says that's the strategy for growth?
    Who says that's the ego defense?

And for the record, the only reason I got INTJ was picking the answer that I thought was ambiguous.
    I didn't choose it because it was necessarily true.

Since when do INTJs have a problem with raw data anyway?
    Now if you want to throw 10 pages of data at me, then yeah.
    I'll throw it back in your face and say cut to the chase, already.
    I'm a bottom-liner, not a bean-counting CPA.

Edit:

I went back to see why I'm not getting ENTJ.
    This is the reason?

"..live a life congruent to what I value."

If that's even remotely true of an ENTJ, count me out.
    I have no problems living my life congruent with what I value.
    I never have.
    And I assure you, I never will.

your resident asshole

I got ISTP.

This could be a really useful tool. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    INTJ

* Core Need: To follow mysterious preconceptions and transformations.
    * Core Contention: To be physically in-sync with the world.

* Strategy for Growth: To be efficient, keep things organised and achieve measureable results.
    * Ego Defense: To live in accordance with what is considered personally important.

What is your source for what you are claiming is true of an INTJ?

Who says that's the core need?
    Who says that's the core contention?
    Who says that's the strategy for growth?
    Who says that's the ego defense?

And for the record, the only reason I got INTJ was picking the answer that I thought was ambiguous.
    I didn't choose it because it was necessarily true.

Since when do INTJs have a problem with raw data anyway?
    Now if you want to throw 10 pages of data at me, then yeah.
    I'll throw it back in your face and say cut to the chase, already.
    I'm a bottom-liner, not a bean-counting CPA.

Edit:

I went back to see why I'm not getting ENTJ.
    This is the reason?

"..live a life congruent to what I value."

If that's even remotely true of an ENTJ, count me out.
    I have no problems living my life congruent with what I value.
    I never have.
    And I assure you, I never will.
    lol, you're so confrontational it's cute It's like you're accusing me of marring your soul or something.
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    lol, you're so confrontational it's cute It's like you're accusing me of marring your soul or something.
    HAHAHA that was good.