User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I find it hard to recall past experiences (REALLY HARD)

I like subjecting things to analysis. (EVERYONE says I over-analyze everything).

Result: ENTP.

Hmm, interesting. Never considered that possibility. What do you think?
    YES!
    Hello

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    YES!
    Core Need: To entertain new or unusual possibilities that suggest themselves.
    Core Contention: To review and sustain the past, in great detail.
    Strategy for Growth: To identify and understand underlying mechanics.
    Ego Defense: To establish rapport with others and take care of their needs.

Damn, I have to say...YEAH!!!!! to all of them. But I have never considered the possibility of being an NT before.

Fascinating.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

On second thought, I would say that most people would not consider me an NT because I am a rather intense individual who is not interested in the so-called natural sciences. One should consider the possibility that my interest in mechanics lies in 'verbal mechanics.' Interestingly enough that was actually one of the fields in standardized testing, and it was my highest percentage.

So, no, I do not take apart old cars and build computers from scratch and hunch over my lab results all day...Instead I pour my eyes over loads and loads of really abstract language theory and grammatical structures. I can process it and feed it to people in manageable bits (usually), although that was a trait that took a couple of years to master. I love complexity, but sometimes the most beautifully complex things can be boiled down to a phrase.

Like: long-term v. short-term present; finished v. unfinished time in past; etc. Complexity in a nutshell. Beautiful.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

It's not really helpful to determine your type based on your interests, focus on how you process and interact with the world. NTs don't automatically like mathematics and science, for example.
    Hello

MBTI
    xNFP

It's not really helpful to determine your type based on your interests, focus on how you process and interact with the world. NTs don't automatically like mathematics and science, for example.
    It has become increasingly clear to me that my core self was an NT as a youth and an NF later on (starting around 24, I'd say). I wonder if that is possible, but that is the impression I have gotten after reading a great deal of insight from several people on MBTI and Keirsey's book, among others.

Several people have commented that ENFP really does not fit, nor does ENFJ. I have incredible amounts of Te, way more so than one would normally find in an ENXP.

If I did not know any better, I'd say I was a staunch IXTJ as a child to mid-20s, with a shift towards NF around my mid-20s.

in other words, you've slowly become more ingratiating as you've gotten older?
    Hello

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I've got ISTP. Your test is good. Even if I prefer shot tests, I think the problem with it is that if the tested one check 1 or 2 bad answer wich don't really match with himself, it's not a problem on long test, but an your test, the result can be totally wrong. So, the margin of error still quite strong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    xNFP

in other words, you've slowly become more ingratiating as you've gotten older?
    You will laugh, but I had no idea how to interact with people when I was younger - not only was it a complete mystery, but I was also completely disinterested. I'm not proud of that; it was actually quite unhealthy, but it was as if I was totally NOT tuned into that aspect of life.

I do not know how detailed you would/wouldn't like me to go into this, as I do not want to hijack your thread, however it really was like a mid-20s-crisis that sort of propelled me in a different direction. I cannot really explain it any better. Or perhaps it was a gradual process that I just had not noticed before that point.

But, in short, yes, I suppose I have gradually learned how to become diplomatic and 'deal' with individuals in a way that brings about the best result for everyone (usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    You will laugh, but I had no idea how to interact with people when I was younger - not only was it a complete mystery, but I was also completely disinterested. I'm not proud of that; it was actually quite unhealthy, but it was as if I was totally NOT tuned into that aspect of life.

I do not know how detailed you would/wouldn't like me to go into this, as I do not want to hijack your thread, however it really was like a mid-20s-crisis that sort of propelled me in a different direction. I cannot really explain it any better. Or perhaps it was a gradual process that I just had not noticed before that point.

But, in short, yes, I suppose I have gradually learned how to become diplomatic and 'deal' with individuals in a way that brings about the best result for everyone (usually).
    Sounds like you were fairly introverted when you were younger, have you considered whether an introverted type is a better best-fit?

Of course, you don't have to keep discussing it if you don't want to.
    Hello

Your Fe is considerably undeveloped.
    Newsflash: This forum is not real life. If you think it is, you live in a dream world.
    We can use all our functions. Some people still don't understand that.