User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

ENTJ. Stamp of approval!

Good work on revisions, Vagrant. The diligence is impressive.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Got INFJ first, then INTP.

I liked version six more.

I don't like how the second question determines the perceiving function -- I think picking from the four introverted functions makes more sense. And the descriptions of those perceiving functions are kinda messed up honestly.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't get the second question. I mean I get where it's getting at kind of...but the answers don't seem to be the solutions to the same scenario. I don't get the "Unfair" answer. Like some of the the answers on "2." are internal monologue and others hint at the actual action. What is the course of action of answer 3 vs answer 1?

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Ruthie, did you miss the setup for question 2? It's vital to how you answer the question: "When I'm lacking confidence, I tend to withdraw from the world by thinking..."

If you choose to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling confident, then you are SJ. This means using 'reliable concepts' is your utterly normal and healthy way of functioning.

Choosing to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling somewhat unconfident means that you're using it to protect and justify yourself. It's a shield, not a high-functioning tool.

According to Lenore Thomson (a type theorist), we often use our tertiary function as a justification for an ineffective course of action (or inaction). Si is the tertiary of an INxP... hence use of Si under stress/challenge is a sign that a person is an INxP.

Does the test make more sense now?

(BTW, Lenore argues that the healthy thing to do in these situations is for the INxP to try a bit of secondary Ne at this stage, to get out of the bunker they've built out of Ti/Fi-Si.)

Please note that the IxTJ's tertiary barrier is Fi. So an unconfident IxTJ falls into the trap where instead of getting out there and organising a path to deal with the world (secondary Te), they stay in the same place, saying that it's not true to their nature or it's against their values to do anything about whatever's bothering them (tertiary Fi).

You can read more about it here:
    Tertiary Temptation
    Thanks. I still stand by my original answer about my response to feeling under-confident, and I stand by the belief that I am NOT INTP. I don't know if the problem is testing for the tertiary or something as simple as the wording of the responses (like BlackCat mentioned, some of them are pretty tough to relate to), but I've gotten INTP on every one of these so far.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I tried it again, and I'm still getting infj.
    No, really, I'm sure that I am not infj.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

First question - probably better to say something like "when you were a child and sent to your room by yourself, was it A. torturous and boring, or B. a nice opportunity to calm down?"

The second questions conflate intuition and feeling too much. NeTi "feels" very much like a gut reaction.

MBTI
    XXFP

ISFJ
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

INTJ

Qualifier: WHEN I WAS YOUNG

What would INTJMom say?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

updated: MBTI Prototype

still messing around with ideas
    Hello

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFP. We have a winner.