User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    ?

I don't even understand this version. I selected the "sought to spend time by myself" (I over E, ok so far...), then I chose the "reliable concepts... barricade myself" (clearly SJ, right?), then I chose "tendency toward analysis and categorization" (T over F, right?) So, that should equal ISTJ.

But it's still coming up INTP. It's like there's no way I can take your test and NOT get INTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm not even going to do this one, because you ripped the tertiary temptation for IS_P from lenoire thompson's site, and that description of tertiary temptation via Ni is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how anyone could ever relate to it.
    Out of curiosity, how do ISxPs experience tertiary temptation via Ni? I really relate to the description of Si tertiary temptation for INxPs, so I'm curious about how other types experience it. (A search turned up this thread ,which wasn't all that enlightening )

As for the new version of the test, I didn't try it because I recognized the content from the wiki (and I've been revisiting that page quite a bit in trying to understand what's been going on with me lately), but I don't much care for having to select a paragraph. I always get impatient with personality tests like that; it can be hard enough to select from one of four sentences that describe you (or even one of two words), and the longer the text becomes the more likely I am to see myself in several choices.

What I liked about the test before was that it was very quick, simple and easy. This one isn't. So, I preferred the previous format.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's all a conspiracy against you.

I'm not even going to do this one, because you ripped the tertiary temptation for IS_P from lenoire thompson's site, and that description of tertiary temptation via Ni is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how anyone could ever relate to it.
    I can relate to it, more in the past than now. Don't know how much that has to do with intuition though. I'm just a bit of a hippy in the way I think.

ISP deny the very existence of Ni in them. Which kind of proves they have Ni in them if you follow my convoluted circular logic.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I don't even understand this version. I selected the "sought to spend time by myself" (I over E, ok so far...), then I chose the "reliable concepts... barricade myself" (clearly SJ, right?), then I chose "tendency toward analysis and categorization" (T over F, right?) So, that should equal ISTJ.

But it's still coming up INTP. It's like there's no way I can take your test and NOT get INTP.
    Ruthie, did you miss the setup for question 2? It's vital to how you answer the question: "When I'm lacking confidence, I tend to withdraw from the world by thinking..."

If you choose to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling confident, then you are SJ. This means using 'reliable concepts' is your utterly normal and healthy way of functioning.

Choosing to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling somewhat unconfident means that you're using it to protect and justify yourself. It's a shield, not a high-functioning tool.

According to Lenore Thomson (a type theorist), we often use our tertiary function as a justification for an ineffective course of action (or inaction). Si is the tertiary of an INxP... hence use of Si under stress/challenge is a sign that a person is an INxP.

Does the test make more sense now?

(BTW, Lenore argues that the healthy thing to do in these situations is for the INxP to try a bit of secondary Ne at this stage, to get out of the bunker they've built out of Ti/Fi-Si.)

Please note that the IxTJ's tertiary barrier is Fi. So an unconfident IxTJ falls into the trap where instead of getting out there and organising a path to deal with the world (secondary Te), they stay in the same place, saying that it's not true to their nature or it's against their values to do anything about whatever's bothering them (tertiary Fi).

You can read more about it here:
    Tertiary Temptation

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Er...on this one I got ISFP and INFJ because of a leaning toward two choices on number 2.

MBTI
    xxxx

And this one finally types me as INTP on the first try, albeit with INFP as a close second.

Ah yes, and feedback:
    I'm curious why you choose to type I/E firstly. While it may make function analysis from a perspective of a dominant/tertiary easier, I/E results in the smallest change of function order compared to a change in any of the other 3 dichotomies. As has been observed here, I/E can be one of the hardest preferences to determine and is often not the most stable starting point.

PS: Test yielded ENFP when I altered the first question to reflect extraversion.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP

I got INTP. If I choose the E option for the first question, none of the options in Question 2 resonate at all, not even slightly. (I'm not entirely sure I'm an introvert btw. I'm also not sure if I'm INTP although it's plausible.)
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ENTP

ESFJ...

I choose:
    1. Internal contemplation made me restless and uneasy
    2. ""Ok, then, I'll bluff..."
    3. I want to be responsible and take care of other people's feelings.

For the third option, neither option applied to me.

EDIT: I was bored and tried this one: MBTI Prototype and it ended up giving me ENTP.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

I liked it more before. Gave me ESFJ.

MBTI
    I

My result: ESFP

My choices:
    1. "When I was young..
    ...internal contemplation made me restless and uneasy, and made me yearn for activity."

2. "When I'm lacking confidence, I avoid having to not act on something by thinking...
    "Unfair!! I have to stick to my guns, I will not be bullied or cheated. Any number of authorities agree with me. All my friends agree with me. Everyone can see that my response is directly mandated by the situation: anything else would be irresponsible. These facts absolutely settle the matter, and there is no point in looking at it any further."

3. Above all else...
    ...I easily get in synch physically with whatever is happening moment to moment, in order to make an impact."

I basically chose the best responses available. They didn't necessarily match, but they were the most appropriate ones compared to the rest.

Also, out of curiosity, why do you say "When I was young..." in the first question? Because had it been NOW, I would have reversed my decision for the first choice. To be honest, this test needs some work.