• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test my prototype (and give feedback!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Core Need: To entertain new or unusual possibilities that suggest themselves.
Core Contention: To review and sustain the past, in great detail.
Strategy for Growth: To identify and understand underlying mechanics.
Ego Defense: To establish rapport with others and take care of their needs.

Damn, I have to say...YEAH!!!!! to all of them. But I have never considered the possibility of being an NT before.

:shock: Fascinating.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On second thought, I would say that most people would not consider me an NT because I am a rather intense individual who is not interested in the so-called natural sciences. One should consider the possibility that my interest in mechanics lies in 'verbal mechanics.' Interestingly enough that was actually one of the fields in standardized testing, and it was my highest percentage.

So, no, I do not take apart old cars and build computers from scratch and hunch over my lab results all day...Instead I pour my eyes over loads and loads of really abstract language theory and grammatical structures. I can process it and feed it to people in manageable bits (usually), although that was a trait that took a couple of years to master. I love complexity, but sometimes the most beautifully complex things can be boiled down to a phrase.

Like: long-term v. short-term present; finished v. unfinished time in past; etc. Complexity in a nutshell. Beautiful.

VagrantFarce

It's not really helpful to determine your type based on your interests, focus on how you process and interact with the world. :) NTs don't automatically like mathematics and science, for example.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not really helpful to determine your type based on your interests, focus on how you process and interact with the world. :) NTs don't automatically like mathematics and science, for example.

It has become increasingly clear to me that my core self was an NT as a youth and an NF later on (starting around 24, I'd say). I wonder if that is possible, but that is the impression I have gotten after reading a great deal of insight from several people on MBTI and Keirsey's book, among others.

Several people have commented that ENFP really does not fit, nor does ENFJ. I have incredible amounts of Te, way more so than one would normally find in an ENXP.

If I did not know any better, I'd say I was a staunch IXTJ as a child to mid-20s, with a shift towards NF around my mid-20s.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've got ISTP. Your test is good. Even if I prefer shot tests, I think the problem with it is that if the tested one check 1 or 2 bad answer wich don't really match with himself, it's not a problem on long test, but an your test, the result can be totally wrong. So, the margin of error still quite strong.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
in other words, you've slowly become more ingratiating as you've gotten older?

You will laugh, but I had no idea how to interact with people when I was younger - not only was it a complete mystery, but I was also completely disinterested. I'm not proud of that; it was actually quite unhealthy, but it was as if I was totally NOT tuned into that aspect of life.

I do not know how detailed you would/wouldn't like me to go into this, as I do not want to hijack your thread, however it really was like a mid-20s-crisis that sort of propelled me in a different direction. I cannot really explain it any better. Or perhaps it was a gradual process that I just had not noticed before that point.

But, in short, yes, I suppose I have gradually learned how to become diplomatic and 'deal' with individuals in a way that brings about the best result for everyone (usually).

VagrantFarce

You will laugh, but I had no idea how to interact with people when I was younger - not only was it a complete mystery, but I was also completely disinterested. I'm not proud of that; it was actually quite unhealthy, but it was as if I was totally NOT tuned into that aspect of life.

I do not know how detailed you would/wouldn't like me to go into this, as I do not want to hijack your thread, however it really was like a mid-20s-crisis that sort of propelled me in a different direction. I cannot really explain it any better. Or perhaps it was a gradual process that I just had not noticed before that point.

But, in short, yes, I suppose I have gradually learned how to become diplomatic and 'deal' with individuals in a way that brings about the best result for everyone (usually).

Sounds like you were fairly introverted when you were younger, have you considered whether an introverted type is a better best-fit?

Of course, you don't have to keep discussing it if you don't want to. :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh I'd love to - I have been puzzling and analyzing and debating the subject for a while now to try to boil down to the truth.

To be honest, I have considered the possibility that I am I - especially since I tested I for the first 26 years of my life (and I am only 29).

I would say I'm ISTJ, but my Si is really a terrible weakness....Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you....

One problem is that people only observe me on here or in Vent, and I usually 'rejuvenate' myself by acting silly, bizarre, and crazy, which makes most people think I couldn't be anything else other than an NFP...

Although I can understand that, I'm not entirely convinced...

In essence, I am wondering if my type dramatically changed or if it just fleshed itself out more and became more balanced. Perhaps I am starting to develop other functions at the moment, which is making me APPEAR to be ???? when I am really ----.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated to get to the bottom of this matter. Thanks.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Oh I'd love to - I have been puzzling and analyzing and debating the subject for a while now to try to boil down to the truth.

To be honest, I have considered the possibility that I am I - especially since I tested I for the first 26 years of my life (and I am only 29).

I would say I'm ISTJ, but my Si is really a terrible weakness....Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you....

One problem is that people only observe me on here or in Vent, and I usually 'rejuvenate' myself by acting silly, bizarre, and crazy, which makes most people think I couldn't be anything else other than an NFP...

Although I can understand that, I'm not entirely convinced...

In essence, I am wondering if my type dramatically changed or if it just fleshed itself out more and became more balanced. Perhaps I am starting to develop other functions at the moment, which is making me APPEAR to be ???? when I am really ----.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated to get to the bottom of this matter. Thanks.
You haven't done my dartboard idea yet, have you?

It's not impossible to see that your "bizarre, crazy" behavior isn't entirely your norm.

However, given my experience with your thought process, I'm highly inclined to go with ENFP. Pitiful Si fits well for an Ne-dom. Of the two Ji functions, I haven't seen much Ti in you. (your T is obviously, in my opinion, extroverted. External organization, etc.) Since Ne appears to be one of your top functions (making you a P), F is the most appropriate fit. Ergo, ENFP.

VagrantFarce

There's a new update by the way, for anyone who hasn't noticied because of our little de-rail. :)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I couldn't decide between it's hard to take control or it's hard to analyze things. So... if it's hard to analyze things, I would go with recalling past experiences, especially fun ones that involved food, music, friends, or beautiful scenery. That would make me an ESFJ.
But if I go with it's hard to take control, which it is because I don't really feel much of a need to be in control, then the second one was much more difficult to choose between. If I prefer the raw data, which is always very likeable, then I'm an ISFP. If I want to entertain new and unusual possibilities, which is a good thing because the same old thing over and over again is boring, then I'm an INFP.
Well... ESFJ, ISFP, INFP... who knows... I am three people???

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
New prototype gives me INFP with ISFP as a close second. I avoid "taking control" based on my philosophy of "all things come when not forced." Taking control has a fairly aggressive tone. Aggressive isn't my style.

Jaguar

INTJ

* Core Need: To follow mysterious preconceptions and transformations.
* Core Contention: To be physically in-sync with the world.

* Strategy for Growth: To be efficient, keep things organised and achieve measureable results.
* Ego Defense: To live in accordance with what is considered personally important.

What is your source for what you are claiming is true of an INTJ?

Who says that's the core need?
Who says that's the core contention?
Who says that's the strategy for growth?
Who says that's the ego defense?

And for the record, the only reason I got INTJ was picking the answer that I thought was ambiguous.
I didn't choose it because it was necessarily true.

Since when do INTJs have a problem with raw data anyway?
Now if you want to throw 10 pages of data at me, then yeah.
I'll throw it back in your face and say cut to the chase, already.
I'm a bottom-liner, not a bean-counting CPA.

Edit:

I went back to see why I'm not getting ENTJ.
This is the reason?

"..live a life congruent to what I value."

If that's even remotely true of an ENTJ, count me out.
I have no problems living my life congruent with what I value.
I never have.
And I assure you, I never will.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I got ISTP.

This could be a really useful tool. I like it.

VagrantFarce

INTJ

* Core Need: To follow mysterious preconceptions and transformations.
* Core Contention: To be physically in-sync with the world.

* Strategy for Growth: To be efficient, keep things organised and achieve measureable results.
* Ego Defense: To live in accordance with what is considered personally important.

What is your source for what you are claiming is true of an INTJ?

Who says that's the core need?
Who says that's the core contention?
Who says that's the strategy for growth?
Who says that's the ego defense?

And for the record, the only reason I got INTJ was picking the answer that I thought was ambiguous.
I didn't choose it because it was necessarily true.

Since when do INTJs have a problem with raw data anyway?
Now if you want to throw 10 pages of data at me, then yeah.
I'll throw it back in your face and say cut to the chase, already.
I'm a bottom-liner, not a bean-counting CPA.

Edit:

I went back to see why I'm not getting ENTJ.
This is the reason?

"..live a life congruent to what I value."

If that's even remotely true of an ENTJ, count me out.
I have no problems living my life congruent with what I value.
I never have.
And I assure you, I never will.

lol, you're so confrontational it's cute :run: It's like you're accusing me of marring your soul or something. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.