• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Signal Patterns: Musical Preferences

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Good: Instrumental, Intelligent, Inspiring, Complex

Neutral: Tempo, Dense, Relaxing, Romantic

Bad: Loud, Electrical, Percussive, Distorted, Aggressive, Sad

Too bad they hadn't more jazz or classical music in their samples. I especially hated rap and country music.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
The five meters at the top (the ones indicating forceful, urban, sophisticated, earthy, and smooth) were totally off. The fourteen bars at the bottom were okay.

(Out of ten total bars)

Instrumental: 9
Romantic: 8
Intelligent: 8
Inspiring: 7
Complex: 7
Relaxing: 7
Percussive: 6
Dense: 6
Tempo: 5
Electrical: 5
Distorted: 5
Loud: 4
Aggressive: 4
Sad: 4

IMO, forty samples is not enough to get an accurate reading.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I remember taking this test a while ago. These are just my old results.

Good: Romantic, Relaxing, Intelligent, Instrumental, Inspiring
Neutral: Sad, Complex, Electrical, Tempo, Percussive, Dense, Distorted
Bad: Aggressive, Loud

Didn't really enjoy most of the music samples they played.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
asdfasdfadsf.jpg

QuentinBeck

Your musical preferences are: Electrical, Romantic, and Distorted.

'You don't like music without vocals or lyrics.'

Not true.

'You don't like music that's best when played at an ear-shattering volume.'

Sure don't.

'You like music with amplified instruments.'

I guess...

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
More detailed results than the one given by Signal Patterns.The Do-Re-Mi's of Personality - What your music tastes say about your personality: take an online personality psychology quiz about music

94 % enjoys reflective and complex music
33 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
33 % enjoys fun and simple music
66 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

Reflective & Complex

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Classical, Blues, Jazz, and Folk music. On the Reflective & Complex Dimension you fell in the 94 percentile. This score is very high.

People with high scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be open to new experiences, creative, intellectual, and enjoy trying new things. When it comes to politics, they tend to lean toward the liberal side. Wisdom, diversity, and fine arts are all important to them. When it comes to lifestyle, high scorers tend to be sophisticated, and relatively well off financially. After a hard day of work, if they're not listening to music or reading a book, they enjoy documentary films, independent, classic, or foreign films.

Edgy & Aggressive

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Alternative, Rock, and Heavy Metal music. On the Edgy & Aggressive Dimension you fell in the 33 percentile. This score is quite low.

People with low scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension don't get their kicks on skydiving or rock climbing. They tend to be friendly, less assertive than the average person, and conventional. They tend to place a lot of importance on family security, salvation, and tranquility. When they're not listening to music, watching television, or reading a book, they probably enjoy watching a dramatic movie, major motion picture, romance movie, or classic film.

Fun & Simple

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Pop, Religious, Country, and Soundtrack music. On the Fun & Simple Dimension you fell in the 33 percentile. This score is quite low.

People with low scores on the fun and simple music-preference dimension tend to introverted, unconventional, and artistic. When it comes to morals and values, chances are that they lean toward the liberal side, and consider beauty and inner harmony important principles in life. When selecting a movie to watch, they prefer suspense movies, cult movies, or foreign films.

Energetic & Upbeat

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Hip-hop, Rap, Funk, Soul, and Electronic music. On the Energetic & Upbeat Dimension you fell in the 66 percentile. This score is quite high.

People with high scores on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension tend to be extraverted, relaxed, romantic, creative, and physically active. Friendships, freedom, and social recognition provide their lives with meaning and guidance. For a good party, fans of energetic and upbeat music, are the ones to call. Compared to people who do not like energetic and upbeat music, they tend to enjoy watching action movies, science fiction movies, gangster/mobster movies, comedy movies, and erotic films.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
"Your musical preferences are: Inspiring, Intelligent, and Instrumental."

vrtugm.jpg

Very cool test. Makes perfect sense, most of my favorite music is either inspirational and rhythmic or classical.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
According to my results, I like music that is relaxing, intelligent, inspiring, and romantic.

I like music that makes me think, inspires me, shows some passion, and relaxes me (all at the same time).
My musical tastes are very complex.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instrumental, Sad, and Aggressive topped out with 6.
Everything else was a 5. I am far too evenly balanced :p

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instrumental, Sad, and Aggressive topped out with 6.
Everything else was a 5. I am far too evenly balanced :p

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I can see this for the most part.

Electrical: 8
Tempo, Distorted, Aggressive: 7
Loud, Percussive, Complex: 6
Instrumental, Dense, Romantic: 5
Inspiring, Sad, Relaxing, Intelligent: 4

Too bad it doesn't have my favorite music category of all time. One that I believe is called Symphonic Metal.

Here is my favorite song of all time by my favorite band.

YouTube - Within Temptation - "Mother Earth" (Lyrics)

1AuroraAngel1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Good Music:

Complex – You like music that's intricate and must be heard more than once to take it all in.

Instrumental - You like music without vocals and lyrics.

Romantic - You like music that's brimming with passion and sensuality.

Inspiring - You like music that's uplifting, stimulating, and makes you feel good to be alive.

Bad music:

Distorted - You don't like music with over-amped guitars, feedback, and other grimy sounds.

Aggressive - You don't like music that's hostile, belligerent and borderline violent.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The link isn't working for me at all. Tried it in two browsers, too.

á´…eparted

passages
Also broken for me. I think signalpatterns just gave up. I looked at them a while ago and their website was dead.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also broken for me. I think signalpatterns just gave up. I looked at them a while ago and their website was dead.
[MENTION=21702]1AuroraAngel1[/MENTION] What's your secret??