• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sloan / Global 5 test

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Any links on how this typing links up with MBTI?

Edit: Nevermind.. just saw the correlation on other post.

Jaguar

The results I get when I take that thing aren't very accurate.

G

Ginkgo

RCUAI

avoidant, often late, patient, rarely prepared, non-aggressive, slow to judge others, withdrawn, unconcerned with image, relaxed, avoids crowds, easy going, not demanding, low maintenance, unambitious, not domineering, private, thinks before acting, concerned with the feelings of others, not wild and crazy, not controlling, does not like to show anger, hard to offend, dislikes the spotlight, uninterested in leading, not competitive, overly nice, not physically affectionate with most people, not bothered by disorder, level emotions, does not second guess self, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, not picky about food, not relationship obsessed, unproductive, unimposing, plain in appearance, disorganized, loner, lower energy level, very curious, uninterested in prestige/fame, not superficial, likes difficult reading material, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, flexible, trusting, does not stick to plans, easily distracted, interested in science, unconcerned that people have trouble reading them, a good loser, modest, not swayed by emotions

That one's better. Lol.

Almost

MBTI Type
INTJ
Extroversion |||||||||| 32%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||| 72%
Accommodation || 10%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 74%

Global 5: sloan RCOEI; sloan+ RCO|E|I; primary Egocentric; R(68%)C(72%)O(70%)E(90%)I(74%)

Extroversion |||||||||| 34%
Orderliness |||||||||| 34%
Emotional Stability |||||||||| 34%
Accommodation |||||||||||||| 56%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUAI
Your Primary type is Inquisitive

Their description makes me sound completely dysfunctional. ._.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RCUEI

Inquisitive.

Blah....:dry:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Extroversion |||||||||||||||| 70%
Orderliness |||||| 24%
Emotional Stability |||||| 30%
Accommodation |||||||||| 38%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 80%

Your Global5/SLOAN type is SLUEI
Your Primary type is Inquisitive

Seems about fucking right

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love how it has philosopher as the top career option for like half the types.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Even though the tests usually fail to show it, I'm now pretty sure I'm a limbic/neurotic type. So I've gone from RCOAI/RXOAI to RLOAI. I'd much rather be a calm type but deep down I know that I tend to be quite anxious and easily stressed. I also tend to get down about things too much.

If you break the neuroticism dimension by subscales, I fall on the neurotic side for most of them.

Anxiety: Check. This one is pretty much a given. I have an anxiety disorder that I take medication for.

Anger: Previously I thought I was low on this dimension because I have good self control usually when it comes to expressing anger. Yet, if I am truly honest with myself, I am quite easily upset and irritated by things internally.

Depression: Again this is another trait I did not initially identify with because I see the word depression and think about people who think their life is totally worthless and are contemplating suicide. I'm not depressed on that sort of level, so I've tended to answer "no" to questions like "I get depressed easily." Yet, I do have a tendency to have a rather melancholy outlook and be down in the dumps about things more often than I'd like.

Immoderation: I have good self-control about controlling temptations and am careful not to overreat, overrspend, etc. So I'm probably low on this subscale. Then again, there are a few things I have a hard time moderating. I tend to spend way too much time on the Internet for example and have a hard time disciplining myself in that area.

Self-consciousness: I'm high on this one as well. I often feel like people are analyzing or judging me in a not-so-positive way. I tend to worry too much what other people think of me and get embarrased rather easily. I tend to shy away from social situations that I perceive as potentially awkward or uncomfortable.

Vulnerability: I tend to get stressed out rather easily although I try not to show it and keep my composure. What I really want in life is the feeling that I can cope with whatever comes my way. I worry about being in a situation that will completely overwhelm me emotionally with the feeling that I lack the resources to emotionally cope with it.

I guess overall I'm a rather high-strung, intense individual, although others may see me different.

I read an article about self-perceptions of big-five traits vs. others' perceptions of you and it was interesting. People do tend to perceive themselves as more neurotic than others would. People are also generally perceived as more conscientious than they would give themselves credit for.

So maybe I'm not so neurotic but my self-perception is. Compared to the other big five scales, neuroticism I think is the hardest to get an accurate self-estimation because so much of the process is internal. It's easy to spot the extraverted or the conscientious types. They act in ways that make it more visible to others. Yet someone could be rather high-strung and feel troubled on the inside but this may not be visibly expressed. I think this is particularly true if the person is also an introvert. I think people often think they've got alot of worries and troubles and don't always realize that others are going through similar things because they don't always openly share it. How does one accurately determine how neurotic they are compared to others?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Global 5: sloan RCUEN; sloan+ |R|cuxn; primary Reserved; R(72%)C(62%)U(56%)E(54%)N(56%)

Extroversion |||||| 28%
Orderliness |||||||||||| 44%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 62%
Accommodation |||||||||||| 46%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||| 44%

Extroversion
results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly small minded, traditional, and conventional at the expense of intellectual curiousity, possibility, and progress.

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SLOAN not neatly matching up with MBTI

I've discussed this on another forum. To reiterate:

I'd classify myself as RLOAI in the SLOAN system, which correlates most closely to MBTI INFJ. Yet I know that I'm not an INFJ.

I think it's certainly plausible that the SLOAN and the MBTI type don't always neatly line up. First of all, the SLOAN is biased in that one side of the dichotomy is seen as more healthy and desirable than the other. If you are balanced in your type development and have learned to work effectively with your non preferred letters, you might not identify with some of the negative that would be correlated to your type. For example, an INTP with well developed feeling might score as agreeable rather than the less healthy traits associated with the disagreeable side.

Second, some of the big 5 subscales don't neatly match with an MBTI dichotomy. So alot of the supposed correlations with MBTI are rather sketchy as I will be discussing below. Sometimes they better match a certain cognitive function or don't have an MBTI equivalent.

SOCIABLE/RESERVED SUBSCALES

1. Warmth.
Seems to be a combination of E and F, particularly Fe

2. Gregariousness.
This works

3. Activity Level.
I'd say it correlates somewhat with E but not strongly. There are other variables that can contribute to this. Think about the restless P or the driven J.

4. Assertiveness.
Correlates best to Te.

5. Excitement seeking.
Correlates to Se

6. Cheerfulness
WTF? Maybe E types, particularly EFs appear more this way because they tend to openly express their enthusiasm and zest for living. Are E types really more cheerful than I types, appearances aside?

LIMBIC/CALM SUBSCALES

1. Anxiety

2. Anger

3. Depression

4. Immoderation

5. Self-consciousness

6. Vulnerability

I could see how these subscales could correlate weakly with T/F or possibly E/I with IxFx leaning towards more limbic but I think the biggest factor is one's level of psychological health. Also some people are naturally more 'reactive' than others and I'm not sure there is that much MBTI correlation. Immoderation I think would be correlated with P.

ORGANIZED/UNSTRUCTURED SUBSCALES

1. Self-efficacy
Seems to be more of a measure of one's self-confidence which I don't see as being type related. One could argue that it correlates to J because they are more likely to prepare themselves for upcoming tasks so feel more able to complete them successfully. On the other hand P types may not prepare as much but feel confident in their ability to 'wing' it.

2. Orderliness.
I think it correlates to J in general with exceptions. I don't think orderliness is the best way of indicating J/P as there are too many people who display the opposite.

3. Dutifulness.
A sense of duty just because you should do it seems to be an SJ mentality. A sense of duty arising from not wanting to let others down, I think would be based in Fe. A sense of duty from fear of the consequences for not following through could be attributable to lots of types.

4. Self-discipline.
This one seems to correlate well with J.

5. Achievement striving.
Generally correlates to J, I think- especially TJ types.

6. Cautiousness.
Seems a combination of E/I and J/P scales at work. IxxJ being the most cautious, ExxP the least with ExxJ and IxxP somewhere in the middle

AGREEABLE/EGOCENTRIC SUBSCALES

1. Trust.
Seems to correlate well with MBTI F.

2. Morality.
Correlates with MBTI Fi but I don't see why an MBTI T couldn't score high on this subscale.

3. Altruism.
Would seem to correlate with F, but don't see why a T couldn't score high here.

4. Cooperation.
Again, it seems to correlate with F but I could see some T's scoring high here. I am one such example. I dislike and avoid conflict with others if possible.

5. Modesty.
I don't think there's much type correlation here. Introverts might appear more modest just because they don't put themselves out there as much. Maybe F's appear a little more modest just because seem more inclined to cooperate rather than compete. Anyway, there are arrogant people across the MBTI spectrum.

6. Sympathy.
Would seem to correlate with F but can't see why a T type couldn't score high in this.

Several of the subscales do seem to correlate with F but a T with a well developed F could also score high on agreeableness.

INQUISITIVE/NON-CURIOUS SUBSCALES

1. Imagination.
This seems to work well with N. Particularly INxx as the questions seem to emphasize the introspective aspect.

2. Emotionality.
Correlates with T/F

3. Artistic Interests.
Could apply to just about any MBTI type. Overall, I'd guess it would correlate best with NFP or SFP.

4. Adventurousness
Probably correlates best to NP or SP

5. Intellect
This scale doesn't measure how smart you are. What it does measure is whether your interests tend to be more intellectually inclined. Correlates with N, especially INTx

6. Liberalism.
Probably correlates to N and P

I could see alot of SP types scoring high on the openness dimension.

Noon

r|L|UxN.

I love how RLUEN's favored careers range from body piercer and "bounty hunger" [sic] to housekeeper and library assistant. I love even more how RLUAN doesn't even have any.

Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 62%

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

How amazing you are.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How amazing you are.

But my general mood is that I want to be calm. Besides, other people scored even higher than me. :D

Nonetheless, these are pretty cool careers.

game designer, mechanic, sound engineer, construction worker, mechanic, electrician, musician, video editor, software designer, comic book artist, fighter pilot, animator, bounty hunter, guitarist, cartoonist, software developer, soldier, computer animator, electrical engineer, graphic artist, webmaster, carpenter, industrial engineer

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroversion |||||||||| 38%
Orderliness |||| 18%
Emotional Stability |||||||||| 38%
Accommodation |||||||||||| 50%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

hmm, i got 50% on accomodation, it said i'm RLUEI though.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Extroversion |||||| 22%
Orderliness |||||||||||| 46%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 64%
Accommodation |||||| 30%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 88%

RCUEI

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, structured, and self controlled while still remaining flexible, varied, and fun.

Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were very high which suggests you are extremely intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Extroversion |||||| 22%
Orderliness |||||||||||| 46%
Accommodation |||||| 30%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 88%

RCUEI

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, structured, and self controlled while still remaining flexible, varied, and fun.

Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were very high which suggests you are extremely intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Extroversion |||||||||||||||| 70%
Orderliness |||||||||| 34%
Accommodation |||||||||||| 44%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||| 46%

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is SCUEN
Your Primary type is Social

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
Extroversion || 10%
Orderliness |||| 12%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 66%
Accommodation |||| 20%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 80%

Your Primary type is Reserved

Silveresque