User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloan / Global 5 test

6 sx
    iNfp Ni

Any links on how this typing links up with MBTI?

Edit: Nevermind.. just saw the correlation on other post.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

The results I get when I take that thing aren't very accurate.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

avoidant, often late, patient, rarely prepared, non-aggressive, slow to judge others, withdrawn, unconcerned with image, relaxed, avoids crowds, easy going, not demanding, low maintenance, unambitious, not domineering, private, thinks before acting, concerned with the feelings of others, not wild and crazy, not controlling, does not like to show anger, hard to offend, dislikes the spotlight, uninterested in leading, not competitive, overly nice, not physically affectionate with most people, not bothered by disorder, level emotions, does not second guess self, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, not picky about food, not relationship obsessed, unproductive, unimposing, plain in appearance, disorganized, loner, lower energy level, very curious, uninterested in prestige/fame, not superficial, likes difficult reading material, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, flexible, trusting, does not stick to plans, easily distracted, interested in science, unconcerned that people have trouble reading them, a good loser, modest, not swayed by emotions

That one's better. Lol.

Junior Member Array

Extroversion |||||||||| 32%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||| 72%
    Accommodation || 10%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 74%

Global 5: sloan RCOEI; sloan+ RCO|E|I; primary Egocentric; R(68%)C(72%)O(70%)E(90%)I(74%)

Extroversion |||||||||| 34%
    Orderliness |||||||||| 34%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||| 34%
    Accommodation |||||||||||||| 56%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUAI
    Your Primary type is Inquisitive

Their description makes me sound completely dysfunctional. ._.

4w3 sp/sx

I took it in a better mood and got SCOAI. ENFJ-esque.

Extroversion |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Orderliness |||||| 24%
    Emotional Stability |||||| 30%
    Accommodation |||||||||| 38%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 80%

Your Global5/SLOAN type is SLUEI
    Your Primary type is Inquisitive

Seems about fucking right

Senior Member Array FunnyDigestion's Avatar

I love how it has philosopher as the top career option for like half the types.
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Even though the tests usually fail to show it, I'm now pretty sure I'm a limbic/neurotic type. So I've gone from RCOAI/RXOAI to RLOAI. I'd much rather be a calm type but deep down I know that I tend to be quite anxious and easily stressed. I also tend to get down about things too much.

If you break the neuroticism dimension by subscales, I fall on the neurotic side for most of them.

Anxiety: Check. This one is pretty much a given. I have an anxiety disorder that I take medication for.

Anger: Previously I thought I was low on this dimension because I have good self control usually when it comes to expressing anger. Yet, if I am truly honest with myself, I am quite easily upset and irritated by things internally.

Depression: Again this is another trait I did not initially identify with because I see the word depression and think about people who think their life is totally worthless and are contemplating suicide. I'm not depressed on that sort of level, so I've tended to answer "no" to questions like "I get depressed easily." Yet, I do have a tendency to have a rather melancholy outlook and be down in the dumps about things more often than I'd like.

Immoderation: I have good self-control about controlling temptations and am careful not to overreat, overrspend, etc. So I'm probably low on this subscale. Then again, there are a few things I have a hard time moderating. I tend to spend way too much time on the Internet for example and have a hard time disciplining myself in that area.

Self-consciousness: I'm high on this one as well. I often feel like people are analyzing or judging me in a not-so-positive way. I tend to worry too much what other people think of me and get embarrased rather easily. I tend to shy away from social situations that I perceive as potentially awkward or uncomfortable.

Vulnerability: I tend to get stressed out rather easily although I try not to show it and keep my composure. What I really want in life is the feeling that I can cope with whatever comes my way. I worry about being in a situation that will completely overwhelm me emotionally with the feeling that I lack the resources to emotionally cope with it.

I guess overall I'm a rather high-strung, intense individual, although others may see me different.

I read an article about self-perceptions of big-five traits vs. others' perceptions of you and it was interesting. People do tend to perceive themselves as more neurotic than others would. People are also generally perceived as more conscientious than they would give themselves credit for.

So maybe I'm not so neurotic but my self-perception is. Compared to the other big five scales, neuroticism I think is the hardest to get an accurate self-estimation because so much of the process is internal. It's easy to spot the extraverted or the conscientious types. They act in ways that make it more visible to others. Yet someone could be rather high-strung and feel troubled on the inside but this may not be visibly expressed. I think this is particularly true if the person is also an introvert. I think people often think they've got alot of worries and troubles and don't always realize that others are going through similar things because they don't always openly share it. How does one accurately determine how neurotic they are compared to others?
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good