• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Johari/Nohari [ -> Harikari? ] Charts

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
so....how many of you had traits that were not known by others? and did you agree with what people saw in you?

The first time I did these charts was in October 2007 (see post #6 in this thread) and after the responses stopped coming, I did up a conclusion in my blog. I plan on doing the same thing this time around. :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the nohari things are the worst...i don't think i did one for anyone...i really tried but couldn't find more then a couple for some that might only slightly apply...and why give someone a complex about something i just totally made up...you know?

i'm not particularly keen on noticing faults anyway....i'd have to know someone really well to see them, i think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first time I did these charts was in October 2007 (see post #6 in this thread) and after the responses stopped coming, I did up a conclusion in my blog. I plan on doing the same thing this time around. :yes:
thanks i'll check it out.
and sorry, i didn't do yours but...i don't know you...as i'm sure you know...haha :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did do the Nohari ones, but it isn't easy. The thing is that I found my own Johari interesting, but the Nohari one is even more interesting, though clearly less pleasant. With some I didn't fill in both windows or even didn't fill in one at all, as I didn't know them well enough to do so, though..

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah the Nohari I take with a grain of salt, especially when the person has to submit like 4-5 different variations of the same thing--e.g. "distant, withdrawn, aloof" and the like which seem to be synonyms of one another to me. Still though, gotta take the bad w/ the good.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I notice that people are getting both nohari and johari that strike me as matching the poster's type more than the poster's persona on here.
So take it with a huge grain of salt rather than get a complex.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
The thing is that I found my own Johari interesting, but the Nohari one is even more interesting, though clearly less pleasant.

I agree; despite all the limitations of the charts I think they offer a valuable learning experience about how one's online personal brand is perceived, particularly when enough people fill out the charts that it becomes difficult to rationalize the words showing up in red on Nohari (or the words not showing up on Johari). I know I got a serious wake-up call the first time around when 36% of 19 Nohari voters chose 'hostile'. :doh:

Anyone having a similarly instructive experience that they don't mind sharing...? :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no...not really...people mostly picked what i expected...all of the ones i chose for myself were picked.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
One question

What do you think about idea that this two as merged and then you get to choose 10-12 words?

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Disclaimer: The only person's windows which I have filled out were bluebell's. All the people claiming to be me are impostors, and should be taken out and shot. Thank you.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
economica, i just finished yours. check your PMs.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Disclaimer: The only person's windows which I have filled out were bluebell's. All the people claiming to be me are impostors, and should be taken out and shot. Thank you.

oh yeah? interesting...

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
People nailed my Johari traits so that was instructive, they see my positive characteristics clearer than I thought. Conversely the Nohari ones are were all over and there was one word I picked for myself no one chose. There is overlap with the meaning of some of the negative words so that explains some of the drift, smug and self satisfied are practically the same for instance.

I also wonder if the words someone chooses to describe you reflect back on them. I think there is some projection in that we are sensitive to, and look for, negative traits in others that we have ourselves.

(I posted these windows at another forum where I know more people as well as here.)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. New links are edited in now. :)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Did a few without trying to overthink it much. (Ask me if you want to know anything. I don't presume to know people that well over the internet.) It's really hard, especially the negative ones.

Wouldn't really be fair unless I gave people the chance to pick apart my character as well (I don't mind if you'd prefer to be anonymous.):

Colors's Johari
Colors's Nohari

Antisocial_one said:
One question

What do you think about idea that this two as merged and then you get to choose 10-12 words?

I agree that some of the words could be used as either positive or negative traits, but I wouldn't this suggestion very much because just because someone has a quality as a positive trait doesn't mean he/she has it as a negative trait as well. (Example: "self-conscious" as a positive trait would mean the person is self-aware and contemplative of self within a social unit; "self-conscious" as a negative trait might mean the person overthinks what to do out of fear of embarrassment.)

Actually, I would prefer two different windows, but each having the same traits list to choose words from.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
With the negative traits, what I did was choose the ones I dislike most about myself. In other words, the ones I see as negative. The ones, compared to the others, that I might wish to change.