• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Johari/Nohari [ -> Harikari? ] Charts

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's only got one vote so far (versus 4 for hostile) - though I suppose it should count double coming from someone who knows me IRL. :cry:

:D That was my thought...!

(You haven't been pulling wings off flies or torturing kitty cats, have you?)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
On behalf of all 'voters': You asked that people be anonymous, so do you want the people who picked those things to tell you why or...?

Incidentally, I would like to reiterate that for me it's been a painful process of elimination so far rather than an eager zoning in on weaknesses I always wanted to tell people that they had.

(Of course, I'm hostile enough to have told them already. :whistling: :doh: ;))

Hmmm, I guess I wasn't completely aware of the impressions I was giving off on the forum. I figured inflexible/overdramatic would be my most commonly cited negatives but not cold and withdrawn and I'm also surprised over the intolerant. I tend to keep my opinions to myself except for the N superiority thing in all of it's various formats, I know I'm very vocal about that. Otherwise, I haven't really commented about non-MBTI hot button topics.

If people really want to tell me why, I have no problem with a PM. You won't be anonymous anymore, but I'm interested in hearing it.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Here's an odd one. In my Johari window, I don't have anything under "facade." I guess that is good...? (i.e., there is nothing so far that I know/think about myself that others do not see?)

ZOMG! No one's calling me ingenious - I cannot be an INTJ then! :rolleyes:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Here's an odd one. In my Johari window, I don't have anything under "facade." I guess that is good...? (i.e., there is nothing so far that I know/think about myself that others do not see?)

More like you know what you do well and make sure everyone else knows it too. (Not in the bragging sort of way, but your identity is strongly expressed).

Actually, similar to mine, people just ticked off half of the words (yours is worse than mine!)... which covers everything ;)

But the first reason sounds fancier, so I'm going with that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More like you know what you do well and make sure everyone else knows it too. (Not in the bragging sort of way, but your identity is strongly expressed).

Cynic.

No, actually, I follow that. It could be partly "self-promotion" ... but in the positive sense, not necessary a negative. Or simply the Ti thing, finding the "definition" of me and then trying to conform to it and promote it, rather than living as instinctively as I could. (The results would be similar either way... except I am consciously pushing things I know about myself and conforming to them, and not allowing as much variability.)

Usehername

On a mission
I made my real life friends take the tests for me.

Which do you think would be more interesting to examine:

1. comparing the separate internet (not yet made) and RL versions?
2. just posting the RL ones and asking for feedback from internet?
3. some other option

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I made my real life friends take the tests for me.

Which do you think would be more interesting to examine:

1. comparing the separate internet (not yet made) and RL versions?
2. just posting the RL ones and asking for feedback from internet?
3. some other option

Well, one thing I noted is that I got very few "Introverted" mentions... but in RL I'd probably have far more heavily based introverted (for some friends) and some very... uhh... disagreeable traits (cold, ruthless, psychopathic :D ) on others.

So, for that... I'm curious about the Internet vs RL versions the most (#1). It's also fairly easy, since they have the % measurements on the site. Can compare relative strength and spread... pretty interesting to me, anyway.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think doing both (#1) would be the most interesting by far. You just have to convert the test into paper, so your friends can fill it out for you.

Then post the results here.

Usehername

On a mission
Alright. I don't want to link it b/c I entitled my friends page with my real name and I am paranoid, so I will try to type it out. It's in white in case you have yet to take my test, so that these results don't distort your answers. I will post the negatives tomorrow; I'm hoping to still get a few more responses there (i only have 3 as opposed to 10).

So, what my RL friends said:

KNOWN TO SELF + KNOWN TO OTHERS (top left) / ARENA:
calm (1)
clever (4)
confident (1)
reflective (4)

BLIND SPOT (top right):
able (1)
accepting (1)
adaptable (1)
brave (2)
cheerful (2)
complex (2)
dependable (2)
energetic (2)
friendly (1)
helpful (2)
idealistic (1)
ingenious (1)
intelligent (1)
kind (2)
logical (4)
mature (1)
modest (1)
observant (4)
organised (1)
religious (1)
responsive (1)
searching (1)
sensible (2)
silly (2)
spontaneous (1)
trustworthy (2)
witty (1)

FACADE (bottom left) / KNOWN TO SELF + UNKNOWN TO OTHERS:
independent
wise

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The adjectives grouped under the Nohari window constitute a very blunt instrument. I considered two forum members and couldn't find any word that was either accurate or fair.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
i didn't pick "religious" because of the terminology, but I would've picked "solid, really respectable Christian" if there was an option:)

Thanks. :) That's a word that can be taken as either a positive or negative depending. There are a few words on the Johari that I can't really think of as positives in any situation. For example who wants to be described as "tense"?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
There are a few words on the Johari that I can't really think of as positives in any situation. For example who wants to be described as "tense"?

I agree.

I should have looked up some of these words (such as tense and brash) before I used (or didn't use) them. :blush:

Also, there are some word pairs I've been missing, such as realistic/naive to complement idealistic/cynical.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The adjectives grouped under the Nohari window constitute a very blunt instrument. I considered two forum members and couldn't find any word that was either accurate or fair.

Well, you are right about that. There were a few people I did not rate (either Johari and/or Nohari) because the words listed just did not do them justice.

It is what it is, I suppose.

Does anyone have a list of words they think would provide more coverage? One wants to avoid having too many words that generally "overlap," but at the same time if there are holes where some people/traits are left out...