• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your IQ score?

What is your IQ score?

• Total voters

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Cool thing about the online tests is that you can answer randomly and still score highly.

Or even practice it on some of them. The one I just took was a repeat from a while back (this one, actually http://www.iqtest.com/ ) and I noticed that it has the exact same questions as it did when I took it years ago. So actually if all the answers are found before hand, you could score impossibly high on it.

No need to bother though since you can just make up a number.

Pinker85

3. :(

I don't know. I could be smarter. I'm a muppet with a child's brain. haha. But I do OK, I guess. Mediocrity isn't such a bad place. In the end we're all pretty obscure, so just do the things that make you feel like life is worth living. Keep working hard to improve and to make the world a better place. :)

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
The usual internet fair is like going into a dressing booth at the mall where they have the extra nice lighting and slimming mirrors. I got 160 on one. I mean my ego would get a huge boost if I thought it was possible but my actual intelligence computes "Sorry babe, no dice".
I thought that my IQ might be higher than average just because I taught myself to read and speak english before I went to school and read encyclopedias for fun, but it was no use for me in school because I'd be put in special class because I couldn't memorize times tables or the ten commandments...and there's ten of them. Can't do it though. I still have to sing the months of the year song to not confuse may and march...
That said we did do a short mensa test in school and my math teacher pulled me aside and accused me of cheating, because he thought high IQ= maths whiz kid. I did do this online short WAISS II test that is supposedly somewhat reliable and the comments board was filled with angry comments about how the test gave people lower scores than the other IQ tests ( which made it seem more accurate for me. ;) ) and scored 132 on that one. I suspect I'm teetering on the mensa line but it could go either way.

On improving IQ test results: I did see a documetary about a man looking to see if he could improve his IQ score. I would like to say it was one of BBC Horizon ones but I could be wrong. The man in question went around looking for people who could give him pointers on how to improve his IQ- Long story short by doing some memory excercises and training exercises on neurofeedback designed to help surgeons increase their span of concentration ( like so... http://www.jb-schnittstelle.de/wer/ulrich_kraft/Train your brain.pdf ) he managed to increase his score by a few points. Well...it was time better spent than watching a Nickelback concert DVD. ;)

:) Accurately measuring intelligence is impossible as one cannot fully understand one's mind. Here's a nice quote by Lao Tzu I've always referred to for many situations:

"knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom"

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well hmm... depending on the test and the state of mind i was in.
I think, going by my not so reliable memory, I have scored an approx low of 120 and a high of 146 so i imagine it's somewhere in the middle.

It's how it applies anyway so i don't put much weight in the test results stand alone, plus we have multiple intelligences.

So ya.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Threads like this crack me up. Just about everyone has an above average score. It reminds me of when a friend of mine did a private IQ exam for all the folks on a forum that claimed to have high IQs. After all was said and done, most had average IQs (of course), and only 4 or 5 people had elevated IQ scores.

But then, forums are like bars in that you can never believe the things you're hearing.

This is not meant to be offensive - because I'm sure there are non-professional IQ tests that will produce a favorable score for various reasons - it's just an observation. I think it boils down to people like myself are generally annoyed by average people claiming to be above average.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Because it's an easy way to manipulate perception.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Threads like this crack me up. Just about everyone has an above average score. It reminds me of when a friend of mine did a private IQ exam for all the folks on a forum that claimed to have high IQs. After all was said and done, most had average IQs (of course), and only 4 or 5 people had elevated IQ scores.

But then, forums are like bars in that you can never believe the things you're hearing.

This is not meant to be offensive - because I'm sure there are non-professional IQ tests that will produce a favorable score for various reasons - it's just an observation. I think it boils down to people like myself are generally annoyed by average people claiming to be above average.

i kno whats with these reatrds? lol

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Strange. Why is it that online tests are generally considered to boost your score? I've taken officially administered tests several times, and an online test once. My lowest score was from the online one.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
-_-

Yeah, something is clearly amiss here. Only about < 1% of the general population has an IQ between 40-54, and yet apparently this IQ score makes up 12% of the poll voters. Never mind that anyone with an IQ that low probably wouldn't be able to type coherent/logical sentences on a computer. Then the 130-144 range which only makes up 2.3% of the general population is staggeringly high amongst the poll voters; 53% of the poll voters somehow make up this category of gifted. I'm suppose to believe that there's this many geniuses together on a forum like this? Maybe, but it seems unlikely.

I have to wonder though; did most of those who voted in the poll take an official IQ test at one of those testing centers where they compare results with other test takers in order to give a somewhat reliable (and general) result, or did they take one of those online IQ quizzes? Because if it's the latter, then the result is entirely meaningless as online IQ tests are complete and utter garbage.

Also, I've never really seen any great value in an IQ test. Those that take it will experience either one of two things; they'll either get a low (or lower than expected) score and fell inferior for not having a great intellectual capacity, or they'll get a high score and then gloat to everyone about how smart they are.

In fact, most people are apt to always say, when asked, that they're IQ is 'just a little above average'. It's a humble way to assert arrogance over everyone else without coming off as too arrogant. "Oh I'm no Einstein, but I'm still slightly smarter than the rest of you"; so thinks everyone.

Oh yeah, and my IQ is just slightly above average.

Within

Permabanned
Everyone who voted higher than the average are lying bastards.

Me mentioning this only feeds into my own superiority complex, since I'm hiding within my own searchlight.

G

Ginkgo

Everyone who voted higher than the average are lying bastards.

Me mentioning this only feeds into my own superiority complex, since I'm hiding within my own searchlight.

You just broke something and nobody knew what it was before the crime took place.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I contemplate practicing those exercises until I get good enough to score a Mensa level IQ.

Then I'd take a pic of the result and I'd be like this all over the interwebs:

tumblr_ls9mc8Qj6m1qdlh1io1_250.gif

In case someone asks ''And what have you accomplished with that genius IQ?''

I'd answer ''doooooooooood you're jealous just because you have an average IQ?? lolololollololo!! Don't worry, most people are just like you, so you aren't alone."

Sounds like an interesting lifestyle.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

I think I participated in this, although not directly (I was banned from the forum by this time). Was this the thing Hustler put on?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I genuinely believe that the majority of regular posters on this forum are of above average intelligence.

How that correlates to IQ may not be a direct hit. Or even relevant.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I genuinely believe that the majority of regular posters on this forum are of above average intelligence.

How that correlates to IQ may not be a direct hit. Or even relevant.

Most of the voters though claim to be in the "genius" spectrum which is not "above average" so people here are telling fables about their intelligence but as Socrates says "I know I know nothing." Personally I am in the average spectrum just like all the liars who think they are geniuses though I do agree there will be more above average people on this forum than normal but nothing beyond that!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of the voters though claim to be in the "genius" spectrum which is not "above average" so people here are telling fables about their intelligence but as Socrates says "I know I know nothing." Personally I am in the average spectrum just like all the liars who think they are geniuses though I do agree there will be more above average people on this forum than normal but nothing beyond that!

All the IQ tests i took were online as far as i can remember, i don't give them much credence.

I don't think i am a genius. I do believe i am above average.

Everyone has areas of specific strength, everyone has areas of specific weakness.

IQ does not measure all the intelligences and therefore can not give a true representation of an individuals whole intelligence.