• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your IQ score?

What is your IQ score?

• Total voters

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's make this clear: it's impossible to jump from 143 to 160+. You'll only "train" your test taking ability.
You clearly didn't read my post afterwards.

G

Ginkgo

I have an average IQ of 140-145.

My visual spacial IQ is 145-150.

However, if you ask me, IQ doesn't mean a damn if you're as lazy as I am.

A lazy "genius" is about as useful as a pen with no ink, or a Nickelback's Best album.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
La Isla Bonita

i am unbelievable
smart people cant believe how stupid i am
and stupid people cant believe how smart i am

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've never taken a properly administered test. I have taken some of the more respectible online tests and I usually get between 132 and 138.

That said I just took that High IQ Society test and got 126. I do much better on the visual and spatial stuff and there wasn't as much in this one.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You clearly didn't read my post afterwards.

No, I didn't. Now I did, and everything you're doing is toying around with definitions. Intelligence is mostly genetically coded, and you can't really work on the "developable part" after your teens.

Whatever, I'm pretty sure it must be fun nevertheless :coffee:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I didn't. Now I did, and everything you're doing is toying around with definitions. Intelligence is mostly genetically coded, and you can't really work on the "developable part" after your teens.

Whatever, I'm pretty sure it must be fun nevertheless :coffee:
Intelligence is mostly genetically coded. It still indicates that there is a part of intelligence that isn't genetically coded. I will improve it.

LEGERdeMAIN

okay, seriously, my IQ is 167 which is about half of what I got on my SATs. So.....does IQ really matter?

I think I satisfied all of the rules for posting in this thread, since A) I mentioned that my IQ was higher than average, B) Stated that I have no faith in Intelligence Quotient and even offering a bit of anecdotal evidence suggesting its insignificance.

Furthermore, I hate cats.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

A lazy "genius" is about as useful as a pen with no ink, or a Nickelback's Best album.

Agreed. Intelligence is nothing if you don't use it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Missed this part?
I'd like a reason why not. You are saying that one who is 40 years old would have the same intelligence since he was 18. I believe one can continue to increase his intelligence.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like a reason why not.

Ask a psychologist. Any psychologist, actually. The one at our national Mensa could give you some hints, but I'm afraid a meeting with him is hardly possible. :D

You are saying that one who is 40 years old would have the same intelligence since he was 18.

Intelligence increases for some time, then decreases after some time. With hard practice, you can slow down the setback, but that's pretty much everything you can do.

Age is incorporated in IQ tests (they are standardized considering the test takers age), and for them to be accurate, they are balanced according to age. For example if you reach a 75/100 score on a test and you're 18, your IQ might be around 125. If you score 75/100 with the age of 40, your IQ is around 140.

ETA: Last phrase rewritten.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ask a psychologist. Any psychologist, actually. The one at our national Mensa could give you some hints, but I'm afraid a meeting with him is hardly possible. :D

Intelligence increases for some time, then decreases after some time. With hard practice, you can slow down the setback, but that's pretty much everything you can do.

Age is incorporated in IQ tests (they are standardized considering the test takers age), and for them to be accurate, they are balanced according to age. For example if you reach a 75/100 score on a test and you're 18, your IQ might be around 125. If you score 75/100 with the age of 40, your IQ is around 100.
I believe knowledge breeds intelligence. The more knowledge you have of things the more logical one can make his decisions. Or am I wrong?

I know how IQ tests work. But if that were the case then at 40 you are more intelligent than when you are 18 if you get a higher score yet get the same IQ. You are on the IQ of the age. So what I want is to speed up that process instead of waiting all those years. To put it in simpler terms:

Age 18 = IQ 125 = 75/100
Age 40 = IQ 125 = 85/100

You got higher results. This would mean that you are still more intelligent at 40 than at 18. So there is progress. Then wouldn't it be possible to speed up that progress?

Jaguar

I have an average IQ of 140-145.

My visual spacial IQ is 145-150.

What's wrong with Nickelback? Lol.