User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your IQ score?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 - 54

    14 12.39%
  • 55 - 69

    2 1.77%
  • 70 - 84

    2 1.77%
  • 85 - 114

    7 6.19%
  • 115 - 129

    17 15.04%
  • 130 - 144

    54 47.79%
  • 145 - 159

    15 13.27%
  • 160 - 175

    2 1.77%
First 917181920 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 192

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    [B]Also, IQ tests are definitely bullshit if Speed Gavroche somehow manages to aquire a score of 115-129. The idea of him having a high IQ is laughable.
    Just because Speed claims to be an extraverted sensing type does not mean he cannot be intelligent despite these dumb stereotypes that ES types are stupid as type does not determine intelligence and in fact it seems to be very common that the very most intelligent people end up being people you don't expect to be! Speed indeed is probably smarter than most of the people here who claim to be in the 130-144 range since at least Speed is not as much of a liar as these other douches though maybe he really does have above average IQ. You never know!

    btw I have no idea what your IQ is Idealist and my IQ is 114 so I wouldn't be a good judge anyway with only "borderline above average" IQ!

  2. #182
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Also, IQ tests are definitely bullshit if Speed Gavroche somehow manages to aquire a score of 115-129. The idea of him having a high IQ is laughable.
    Are you being serious?

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Even Speed Gavroche is special. If you'ld know the french better, you'ld know that most of them wouldnt even speak english with you and are very very traditionalist. France is a strong SJ culture with deeply rooted traditions, not exactly what you'ld call open-minded. In comparison Speed Gavroche is way ahead of his nation.
    Then I pray for the well being for the future of France. In fact, didn't they just recently elect a socialist libtard president?

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Just because Speed claims to be an extraverted sensing type does not mean he cannot be intelligent despite these dumb stereotypes that ES types are stupid as type does not determine intelligence and in fact it seems to be very common that the very most intelligent people end up being people you don't expect to be! Speed indeed is probably smarter than most of the people here who claim to be in the 130-144 range since at least Speed is not as much of a liar as these other douches though maybe he really does have above average IQ. You never know!
    I wasn't basing SG's IQ based on his JCF/MBTI type. I was basing my assertion off his posts, arguments, and method of logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Yes.

  4. #184
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Aw schucks, I thought I was special with my 42 point IQ score.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

  5. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    I have scored anywhere between 145 and 165. Thought about joining mensa, but I still doubt my abilities so I have never went to sit for a test. Just played around with the online questions on the mensa site which were fun.
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #186
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Poki,

    I thought about MENSA, too BUT I can't rationalize paying to join. I did join another IQ society [that doesn't charge] but to tell the truth, this forum sees more interaction. I have come to realize that high IQ does not always equal deep or meaningful conversation. Sometimes, I find myself in an ego nest and I don't care much for that.

  7. #187
    ISFJophile zelo1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I thought about MENSA, too BUT I can't rationalize paying to join ... Sometimes, I find myself in an ego nest and I don't care much for that.
    Given that MENSA charges you can almost guarantee it itself is an ego nest. Very likely the more it charges the bigger the egos.
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

    "INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

  8. #188
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, we know for certain that half of us are above average (100) and half of us are below average except in Lake Wobegon.

    But unfortunately IQ grew out of Eugenics in the United States.

    And Eugenics is a pseudo science waging war on the weak.
    Actually, I hate to say it, but you are right. I had to do a study on the history of IQ tests during my graduate work and you pretty much said in a nutshell what I found out. Also, IQ tests traditionally cannot measure right brain functions such as those which propelled such notables as DiVinci and Michelangelo to the state of genius. In my research I discovered that high IQ scores of over 120 are irrelevent unless they also are accompanied by significant contributions to society. So, my cousin whose IQ is over 165 but who can't hold down a job or maintain a relationship is no closer to being a genius than my brother-in-law whose IQ is 85. My grandmother, who graduated high school at 11 with an IQ in the 99% never held down a job, endured a horrible marriage, struggled with bi-polar tendencies and died at a young age. She was a precious person, but having an exceptionally high IQ did little to make her life better. For the record, the research I did also suggested that an IQ or 130 or more plus a talent is often more of an indication of genius than a raw score of say 150+. It is the exceptional talent and innate knowledge of how to use it that makes a genuis, not merely the number results.

    Still, knowing all of that, as a part of the research, I took the tests.
    I took two IQ tests and then one that simply tested verbal IQ. I took the old-fashioned paper kind where you're timed and not allowed to use a pencil. I had no prep for the test. Since that time I've learned that you can actually raise IQ scores by taking IQ tests [at least crystalized IQ], but who has time for that? Life is too short to spend it trying to prove how smart we are. I considered joining MENSA, as I said before, but I didn't, because as you say, Zelo, if you have to pay, it's probably an ego nest and I couldn't think of another reason to join other than to tell people that I was a member of MENSA but then I kept thinking how my granny would say, "Well, it seems kind of dumb to join a club so you can prove you're smart." I've also learned that not all IQ tests are created equal, but NONE of them should be a bases for dismissing another's point of view. And, one thing I've learned by being involved in the education field is that you can NEVER base a person's IQ on his/her temperament type. We can't put people into boxes. They have a tendency to carry pocket knives and cut their ways out. Some of them just use C4 and blow the boxes to bits.

    Results. My first IQ test showed an IQ of 136. The second one, 140. The verbal IQ tests showed a verbal IQ of 140+, but did not specify the + because it only measured up to 140. Did these change my life? Not very much. It only made me aware that I was pretty good at solving somebody else's puzzle. It didn't make me more valuable, more important or more of anything...it did cause me to have to struggle with ego for a little while, but life has a way of knocking that out of a person! LOL.

    Sorry to rattle on so, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents worth. Oh, and as for the IQ society I did join, I'm not very active in it and many of its members are stuffy.

  9. #189
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    Given that MENSA charges you can almost guarantee it itself is an ego nest. Very likely the more it charges the bigger the egos.
    Yes, I believe you are right.

  10. #190
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    What is interesting is that those with an IQ above 140 or below 60 are not only different intellectually, but different emotionally.

    Those above 140 are said to have over excitability (OE), and those below 60 are said to be over trusting.

    But both are not normal emotionally and are socially excluded by the normal.

    And so often we will find a sympathy between the two ends of the spectrum based on social exclusion.

    This is why it is most important for both groups to find their own peer groups so they will be socially included. And often their personal development will depend on this.

Similar Threads

  1. What Is Your Social IQ?
    By Mal12345 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 03:14 PM
  2. What is your current desktop background?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 10:01 PM
  3. What is your peace?
    By labyrinthine in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
  4. What was your SAT score?
    By Hypomanic in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 03:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO