User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your IQ score?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 - 54

14 12.39%
  • 55 - 69

2 1.77%
  • 70 - 84

2 1.77%
  • 85 - 114

7 6.19%
  • 115 - 129

17 15.04%
  • 130 - 144

54 47.79%
  • 145 - 159

15 13.27%
  • 160 - 175

2 1.77%
First 81617181920 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Because it's an easy way to manipulate perception.
    Seriously here in Canada we hardly talk about "IQ". Its a fucking test, a test that has it's own standards and merits like any test. It's a test where if you did it enough times you would probably be better at it thus get a higher score. There is nothing special or telling about an IQ test.

My iq is about 120 I think.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I don't see the point in getting annoyed by those who exaggerate or believe in the accuracy of their scores, though. People will always try to accept positive feedback about themselves, on some level, and want to share it with others, for various reasons. I figure ultimately, it doesn't matter. It's all just words, in the end.
    Lexicon is so warm and encouraging.

To explain the annoyance - I think it vexes people when they think others are putting on airs for something they haven't earned. Similar to men complaining about "women who aren't that hot acting like they are".

The thing is, it's hard to verify one way or the other with polls like this and even with 'professionally administered IQ tests' there are different tests with different scales for scoring (Stanford-Binet, Weschler, etc.) so it comes down to percentages not points. That's also why MENSA allows other standardized tests like the SAT, LSAT, etc. scores in lieu of a 'professionally administered IQ test'. And the free online tests don't share statistics so you don't know where on the curve you actually fall. So even when people are sharing their scores, it's not really apple to apples. And those apples might actually be pears. So knowing all that, let it rip!

At the end of the day though polls like these make our forum look mighty intelligent. And that's what's important.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

At the end of the day though polls like these make our forum look mighty intelligent. And that's what's important.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

WALMART

The military and most online tests put me at the ninety-third percentile, which would be about 125.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think intelligence tests should be more interactive, like this game http://www.kongregate.com/games/wanderlands/impasse

It's not super hard, but it doesn't tell you the rules, and it throws new curve balls at you forcing you to evaluate things mid session. It gives clues some times in the level title which could be an interpretive advantage, but it isn't a major one for creative thinkers.

There's a few unexpected behaviors that aren't initially apparent, the kind that make rigid people go "what? this isn't even possible" but the answer is right there if you're willing to break convention some times. Again it isn't necessarily hard but can be a challenge for those not willing to deduce or experiment without explicit prompting.

I think this is better than those spatial tests and such because you're not just sitting there looking at a picture trying to figure out the rules, you have many ways to figure it out and can do it real time, coming to conclusions in different ways.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

[YOUTUBE="fJIjoE27F-Q"]this future.. and this test.. keep coming to mind.[/YOUTUBE]
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    [YOUTUBE="fJIjoE27F-Q"]this future.. and this test.. keep coming to mind.[/YOUTUBE]
    Yes, that's going to happen when nobody wants to accept an arbitrary quantifier or definition for intelligence.

His incredulous response cracks me up, though.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Anyone wanna guess my IQ level?

Also, IQ tests are definitely bullshit if Speed Gavroche somehow manages to aquire a score of 115-129. The idea of him having a high IQ is laughable.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Anyone wanna guess my IQ level?

Also, IQ tests are definitely bullshit if Speed Gavroche somehow manages to aquire a score of 115-129. The idea of him having a high IQ is laughable.
    Who said that a high IQ prevents you from being a laughingstock ?
    I'd say you have a high IQ, getting all that chicks with that mysticism idea is pretty genius.

Besides that I think pretty much everyone who hung around on this forum for some time has either a good IQ or is specialized in a certain way of knowledge. Cause an openess to self-reflection or dealing with oneselves good side and bad side and that in open reflection with others requires courage and an open mind.

Even Speed Gavroche is special. If you'ld know the french better, you'ld know that most of them wouldnt even speak english with you and are very very traditionalist. France is a strong SJ culture with deeply rooted traditions, not exactly what you'ld call open-minded. In comparison Speed Gavroche is way ahead of his nation.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]